PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Friday 8/2

rrbauer
08-02-2002, 06:12 PM
Friday. 1st post 4PM PDT.
R1
Bettor Royalty (5-1) fits here and should get the lead from Irish Muldoon. Problem is that Royalty is not a win type (13-1-5-4 at the distance). So I’m looking for Charmeleon (3-1) to come along and get the money. What to do with Apalachee’s Native? He’s coming off a double top and only 2-weeks rest. I like him to bounce. I will play one tri with him on top over my other two.

R2
For a MSW field this bunch is slow (we’re talking molasses in the winter!). Sky’s Snow (4-1) did OK given the poor start. Last Kiss (6-1) is a firster that was training up at Santa Anita (where Spawr was) and not at San Luis where his other babies train. Hmmm. His main man gets aboard. Hmmm. Small Town Girl (5/2) has a gate problem and has burned more money than Enron. Maybe the outside draw will help her. I’ll use all three of these in my doubles. Did they really pay $2,000,000 for Servaline? Phew!

R3
Low-level Fillies & Mares: The Rodney Dangerfield bunch. Not with my money!

R4
Not a strong feeling with these. An angle horse, Thermostatic, (3YO that got good) will be a price (15-1 ML). I’ll bet her straight and hook her up with Mary Moscow & Land Tax.

R5
Only two in here caught my eye. The couple that have shown some speed, popped and stopped, with emphasis on the stopped! Unfurl The Flag, (2-1) is a homebred dropping from MSW, gets off the rail and has worked well since racing. The firster from Cliff Sise’s barn, Correct Meow, (6-1) had some nice works at Pleasanton (where Cliff’s father-in-law, Junior Nicholson, gets them ready) and belongs to Halo Farms, a major player in NoCal.

R6
Telephone conversation between Sid Craig and Jerry Hollendorfer:
Craig: Hello Jerry, this is Sid. Jenny and I are down at Del Mar and would really like to show off in the winner’s circle this summer. Do you have any of ours up there that could do the job here?

Hollendorfer: Hi Sid. Well there’s the homebred, Stocks Are Rising , who is doing well right now.

Craig: Do you have a condition book? Is there somewhere we could run him here and win?

Hollendorfer: Sid, I have just the spot next Friday. A $50,000 claimer at 6 and a half. Let me see who we can get to ride.

Craig: That’s great Jerry. Bye.

Nakatani up at 5-1. So now I suppose that you want the exacta, right? OK. Do it with American Pastime (5-1)!

In R7 and R8 I don’t have a clue!

Go Baby Go!

rrbauer
08-02-2002, 08:06 PM
Race 3 just finished. Another late runner gets up.

Add The Station #3 to the mix in Race 6.

rrbauer
08-02-2002, 09:47 PM
Friday Damage.
R1
Bettor Royalty (6-1) got the lead and was challenged immediately by Apalachee’s Native (5/2). They ding-donged as a team into the stretch. Charmeleon (2-1) tried the 6-path off the turn with Treasured Note (5-1) inside him. Note got the win. HTW here is Ride And Shine who came off the turn in the 8-path and got up for 2nd. Shine ran well here last year. Double’s, Win bet and Tri’s all dead.

R2
I bet Sky’s Snow (5-1) and Last Kiss (11-1) in a win dutch. Snow was 3 lengths clear at the 1/8 pole and I was counting my money, but Summer Wind Dancer a firster at 7-1 came along and got up.Tizalovelylady looped off the turn and finished well for 3rd. Tab. Kiss broke awkwardly and watched much of the race from the rear, but did get up for 4th. The Baffert pair Small Town Girl and Servaline are just slow. They had dead aim and backed out. I’m not liking what’s happening to speed (or my money). Some overnight track massaging?

R3
Good race—no blood!

R4
Unfortunately Thermostatic took way back off a 48 and change half which left much too much to do late. She finished full of run in the middle of the course…(5th I think). A more experienced turf jock would help. Land Tax tracked in the 2nd flight and came running off the turn, took the lead mid-stretch, and that was that. I lost my straight and exacta bets, but I did kickoff a P3 with my picks here plus the two in R5 plus the three in R6. I need a casheroo!

R5
Unfurl The Flag, (3/5) 4-wide on the backstretch tracked while Correct Meow, (7-1) did all the dirty work putting away PVal’s mount and then giving Flag all he could handle to the wire. I tattooed the $10 exacta (25 times) and have $7 P3’s to #2 and #3 and a fiver to #7 in R6. Sure want to see Sid and Jenny in the winner’s circle! Also had $20 to win on Meow plus a few exactors that are worth less than the paper they’re printed on.

R6
Wild Roar looked a picture on the track during the warmup and got bet late (3-1). Pastime popped and didn’t stop. Station and Roar battled on for 2nd and Stocks came along for 4th. My P3 came back $91, which I had 5 times. Phew!
They don’t ask how…they only ask how many. A profit is a profit and tomorrow is another day!