PDA

View Full Version : May 1, 2006, boycott the boycott

DJofSD
04-18-2006, 10:37 PM
I plan on giving the economy a boost the day every one else is suppose to demostrate how important is the spending by illegals. I will finally buy a new desktop computer (badly needed since my current one is at least two generations behind what's current).

Let's see who has more clout.

And then there's Cinco de Mayo.

lsbets
04-18-2006, 11:04 PM
I was planning on doing the same thing. The family is going out to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

PaceAdvantage
04-18-2006, 11:11 PM
OK, not being a news fiend anymore, what is this boycott that you both speak of? My guess is illegal aliens are going to try and show how much they mean to our economy by not buying anything that day?

Should be fun, I guess.....

Ponyplayr
04-19-2006, 12:34 AM
I plan on giving the economy a boost the day every one else is suppose to demostrate how important is the spending by illegals. I will finally buy a new desktop computer (badly needed since my current one is at least two generations behind what's current).

Let's see who has more clout.

And then there's Cinco de Mayo.

Good..that's what employers get for hiring illegals. Maybe Congress will let in guest workers from Romania..Bulgaria and other Eastern European countries that has given support to our country in the war on terror.
Lets kick the border jumpers out.

Tom
04-19-2006, 12:49 AM
They are going to show us hat they can shut us down if they want to, that's how important they are to our economy.

Remember the old "Show us your Lark" commercials for Lark cigarettes in the 60's? Several guys, all a bit more right than I am, are going to drive by the local marches in a pick up, with a video camera, with a sign that says "Show us your GREEN CARD!" (AMV TV show maybe? Lou Dobbs?)

We are going to stop for lunch at the local mexican diner and all order hambugers with American cheese. And insist it is our right to have them carry a special menu for us. We will claim that we are there to eat the foods that mexicans refuse to eat! We will then, one by one, go to the rest rooms and SNEAK out the window without paying.

And we will top of the day by all buying heads of lettuce for $1 each and tipping the clerk $9, just to show THEM we are not afraid of expensive lettuce!

Tom
04-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Good..that's what employers get for hiring illegals. Maybe Congress will let in guest workers from Romania..Bulgaria and other Eastern European countries that has given support to our country in the war on terror.
Lets kick the border jumpers out.

Let's invite Canadians down for the day and offer huge sales in all the stores - they can be our "guest consumers!" :jump:

mainardi
04-19-2006, 02:04 AM
That's too bad... because here in Southern California the illegals would cripple Hollywood Park by not showing up. :jump:

You'd be surprised -- or maybe you wouldn't -- to see how many illegals you find at the track... except that it all makes economical sense for SoCal trainers to employ a very high percentage of them for their barns.

We used to joke that the best way to bring Hollywood Park to it's knees would be to run regular immigration sweeps... becuase all of the trainers would move out of the state instead of having to pay real wages for the labor pool. I don't know how it works at other tracks, but I assume that there is something similar going on.

kenwoodallpromos
04-19-2006, 02:55 AM
I heard the illegals are only buying weed and fake documents that day.

hurrikane
04-19-2006, 11:41 AM
damn, guess I'll have to cut my own grass.

who's selling weed???? :eek:

Lefty
04-19-2006, 11:45 AM
The boycott would only be meaningful in terms of the economy if the illegals would also refuse to take any services that day that the taxpayers pay for.

hurrikane
04-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Here's an idea
Why don't we make them feel at home.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MEXICO_MISTREATING_MIGRANTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-04-18-18-08-31

ljb
04-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Do you suppose Walmart will give their people the day off ?

NoDayJob
04-19-2006, 01:51 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NoDayJob
04-19-2006, 01:54 PM
They are going to show us hat they can shut us down if they want to, that's how important they are to our economy.

Remember the old "Show us your Lark" commercials for Lark cigarettes in the 60's? Several guys, all a bit more right than I am, are going to drive by the local marches in a pick up, with a video camera, with a sign that says "Show us your GREEN CARD!" (AMV TV show maybe? Lou Dobbs?)

We are going to stop for lunch at the local mexican diner and all order hambugers with American cheese. And insist it is our right to have them carry a special menu for us. We will claim that we are there to eat the foods that mexicans refuse to eat! We will then, one by one, go to the rest rooms and SNEAK out the window without paying.

And we will top of the day by all buying heads of lettuce for $1 each and tipping the clerk $9, just to show THEM we are not afraid of expensive lettuce!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm witch ya!

Tom
04-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Do you suppose Walmart will give their people the day off ?

Hey! you gave me an idea!
How to stop the flow of illegals into this country - built a 1500 mile WAL MART along the border. They may get in, but WALMART will hire them all.

Tom
04-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Here's an idea
Why don't we make them feel at home.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MEXICO_MISTREATING_MIGRANTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-04-18-18-08-31

Hard to believe anyone would go to mexico by choice! You'd have to tie me up. I won't even go into a mexican restaraunt - why would I believe they would obey sanitation laws - they ignore so many other ones. Makes sense to hand out your credit card to a someone looking to get a phony ID for unlce Pedro.

michiken
04-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Let's delay the welfare checks for that one day and see what happens?

Tom
04-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Let's delay the welfare checks for that one day and see what happens? :jump::jump::jump: