PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Gulfstream...Hello Calder

CryingForTheHorses
04-18-2006, 02:32 PM
What a refreshing change it will be to see the horses come back to Calder.The change will see slower times and a track that is much easier on our horses.Calder has undergone some changes since Hurricane Wilma, All the roofs on the barns are still being replaced, They are also building a brand new toteboard, I have been told its very simuliar to GP but I dont know for sure.This will be the first year for our new RS who is named Mike Anifantis.I look forward to running!!
The great thing is I myself got 3 stalls.Karl I will be in barn 78..Come anytime and visit.

Skanoochies
04-18-2006, 10:38 PM
Hope you have good luck at the Calder meet McShell. :jump:

hurrikane
04-19-2006, 12:32 PM
good luck to you and congrats on the stalls

JackS
04-19-2006, 01:10 PM
I have always preferred Calder to GP, Perhaps because the meet is so long and famialiarty seems to allow for better play.

skate
04-19-2006, 05:06 PM
MS;

sounds great.
are you saying that the old Calder was too hard or that GP was the hard track?

best
skate

Storm Cadet
04-19-2006, 08:21 PM
McShell:

I'm going to be down in Calder (I mean Miami Beach) for medical meetings next week.

Here's a quick question...will they honor my NYRA owners credentials both at the track and the backstretch to visit you at the barn area and watch AM workouts?

I'm flying into Miami on friday, and I'm planning on attending the races next Sat and Sunday.

Ron

CryingForTheHorses
04-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Geeze Im honored!! Not like your coming to Bob Bafferts barn, Doesnt take all morning to train 2 horses maybe by the time you get here 3. I would love to meet you,If you decide when and what day time etc, Pm me and Ill give you my cell.

Storm Cadet
04-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Sure...looks like they have a great card set up for Saturday at Calder! :jump:

Valuist
04-24-2006, 12:29 PM
I think it'll be interesting to see how closers do on the turf there. GP's lawn was really tore up by the end of the meet and speed was very good over it. I'm looking to downgrade recent speed winners over the GP turf and upgrade the closers.

Skanoochies
04-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Is M. Cruz going to be riding at Calder this meet? I believe he was kicked off the premises with a couple of weeks left in the last meet. Not suspended as such, but "We are excercising our right to deny a person access to our property." I believe he was leading rider at the time. Interesting. :confused:

BIG49010
04-24-2006, 04:15 PM
I had excellent GP meet, sorry to see it end. It was good from start to the final 8 grass races.

I move my tack north, no Calder for me.. :kiss: