PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos HBO question

andicap
04-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Is there anyone here who subscribes to HBO and/or digital cable because of The Sopranos OR did so originally.

And did anyone of you who did so also buy HBO On-Demand?

For a column I am writing in my real job.

Snag
04-18-2006, 01:09 PM
The Sopranos is the only reason I keep HBO. We keep waiting for something else to come on that makes it worth it. We also have On Demand.

chickenhead
04-18-2006, 01:16 PM
I got HBO specifically for the Sopranos a few years ago. Didn't realize their "seasons" only happened twice a decade. We have On Demand as well.

lsbets
04-18-2006, 01:20 PM
The only reason I keep HBO is the Sopranos, which has been a huge disappointment so far this season.

Sundown
04-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Got HBO for the Sopranos, no to on demand

JustRalph
04-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Is there anyone here who subscribes to HBO and/or digital cable because of The Sopranos OR did so originally.

And did anyone of you who did so also buy HBO On-Demand?

For a column I am writing in my real job.

Soprano's at first. But had to make the decision again with a 2nd house. The wife and I decided that Big Love and Deadwood made it a no brainer. Best stuff on TV.

chickenhead
04-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Soprano's at first. But had to make the decision again with a 2nd house. The wife and I decided that Big Love and Deadwood made it a no brainer. Best stuff on TV.

Have a feeling that will be a recurring theme...got it for Sopranos, kept it for Deadwood, Big Love, etc.

JustRalph
04-18-2006, 02:33 PM

oh yeah, my cable company just started the hbo on demand......haven't checked it out yet........

xfile
04-18-2006, 05:46 PM
The Sopranos comprises 80% of everything I watch on HBO. I don't know why I have every movie channel ever invented. I hardly ever watch them. :cool:

Tom
04-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Remeber the old days when HBo showed movies!:D

The only thing I watch on HBO is the autopsy series - Dr. Baden in my hero!
HBO is the bottom of thje barrel as far as pay channels go. Go Cinemax!

banacek
04-18-2006, 07:21 PM
I subscribed for the Sopranos and Six Feet Under. When the Sopranos end, so will my subscription - unless something else amazing comes along! (I haven't enjoyed Big Love much, the writing is good, but I just haven't enjoyed it enough yet.

JustRalph
04-18-2006, 11:30 PM
I subscribed for the Sopranos and Six Feet Under. When the Sopranos end, so will my subscription - unless something else amazing comes along! (I haven't enjoyed Big Love much, the writing is good, but I just haven't enjoyed it enough yet.

I think Bill Paxson is enjoying it enough for all of us.......... :)

MikeDee
04-19-2006, 08:59 AM
only for Sopranos They threw in "on demand" for free. But since they show the same thing over show much I don't now why anyone would bother with on demand, it's the same old stuff.

When the season ends I'm dropping it.

Tom
04-19-2006, 11:14 AM
On my cable, if I took ALL the On demad channels and all the movie packages, it cost me $25 less that just having HBO and Cinemax. Go figure.

Lefty
04-19-2006, 11:42 AM
I get HBO through Direct TV and only got on board for the Sopranos last season. I understand the series will end after this season. I like Deadwood too, but what happened to it? Maybe it will start again after Sopranos end. If not i'm paring my bill and getting rid of all the preium channels. Starz is cheap and shows lottsa movies and i really like the western channel too.

banacek
04-19-2006, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=Lefty]I get HBO through Direct TV and only got on board for the Sopranos last season. I understand the series will end after this season. I[QUOTE]

I thought there was going to be 10 more Sopranos next year to finish it up. I hope!

Lefty
04-19-2006, 12:22 PM
ban, I hope you're right.

JustRalph
04-19-2006, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=Lefty]I get HBO through Direct TV and only got on board for the Sopranos last season. I understand the series will end after this season. I[QUOTE]

I thought there was going to be 10 more Sopranos next year to finish it up. I hope!

from what I read, yep......... 8-10 more depending on how they cut it........