PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER GULFSTREAM PARK ???

karlskorner
04-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Portions from the Patriot-News 4/18/06

Grand opening of track's Paddock Club tomorrow

The Paddock Club is the new home for racing fans at Penn National Race Course in Grantville, and its grand opening at 11:30 tomorrow.

The 24,000 square-foot building is located on the north parking lot area. Admission to the Paddock Club, free at all times, will be limited to guests of wagering age, 18 or older, due to the reduction of space compared to Penn National's former grandstand, which will be razed by the end of June.

Amenities inside the Club will include the Paddock Pub and Home Stretch Deli. Wagering will be done through the new United Tote system.

Full-card simulcasting from tracks across the country will be offered daily from noon until midnight. That's business as usual-but there will be a unique change taking place when live thoroughbred racing resumes at the track at 7:25pm next Wednesday.

The Paddock Club lies below track level. A new saddling paddock has been constructed behind the building, and guests will be right on top of pre-race activities.

When the horses head to the track, the fans will return inside the Paddock Club to wager and watch their selections on some of the more than 250 television monitors in the buildingt. AT THIS TIME THERE WILL BE NO ABILITY TO ACCESS TRACKSIDE VIEWING OF THE LIVE LOCAL RACES (END)

Tom
04-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Good ole Penn.
Cancelled my plans to spend a few days there next week.
Who wants to go to track that won't let you watch the races live?

fouroneone
04-18-2006, 12:35 PM
why would they do this?

luckyguy
04-18-2006, 02:24 PM
THEY WANT THE AREA WHERE THE SLOTS ARE (FIRST FLOOR) TOTALLY SECURE.

THESE PEOPLE COULD CARE LESS ABOUT HORSE RACING, THEY HAVE THOUSANDS OF ZOMBIES PLAYING THE SLOTS 24/7!

CryingForTheHorses
04-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Good ole Penn.
Cancelled my plans to spend a few days there next week.
Who wants to go to track that won't let you watch the races live?

C'mon to Calder Tom!. We have seats and covered tables for you to sit outside and a little bar that you can bend your arm. I hear Karl's buying!

Tom
04-18-2006, 07:26 PM
I watched that special on Calder on TV last week - looks like a nice track - comfy.
I like the one guy driving to the track, he tells the camera "I could put a rubber band around my money, throw if over the fence, and go back home early. Be the same day either way!"

PaceAdvantage
04-18-2006, 10:45 PM
That special on Calder sure didn't do racing or handicapping any favors.....

I hope that guy's next documentary is on all the poker players who lose a fortune....especially the "pros" who blow up their bankrolls every couple of years and have to borrow from other "pros"