PDA

View Full Version : Easy fun method for recreational spot players

dav4463
04-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Scan the consensus page of the DRF. Look for races where only ONE of the three consensus choices has improving Beyer speed figures. The horse is your play IF the horse is not making a negative or suspicious class move. No drops below recent claim level, huge class drop, drop or same after win or claim. Also no play if horse has a layoff of more than 3 months.

Reverse play: If only ONE of the three consensus horses has three straight declining figures accompanied by a positive class drop...then this horse is your play. No play if layoff of more than 3 months.

I tested this on a random sample of 100 races and showed a profit of 18%, so it definitely is not fully tested. Might be fun to play around with though....

dav4463
04-18-2006, 12:37 AM
I tried 25 more races and went 0 or 25 ! I like playing around with methods. I'll give it a few more tries on some old forms before I do some housecleaning and throw out this mountain of old DRFs.

46zilzal
04-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Many of these types are ONE past their best and often fail miserably.

dav4463
04-18-2006, 01:58 AM
I expected it to fail miserably, but I get a kick out of the old methods and seeing if they hit any big ones. I have a book put out I think in the 50's or 60's by American Turf Monthly. It has a bunch of these type methods in it and I play around with them for fun sometimes. They never work very well, but it is kind of fun to play around with them.

andicap
04-18-2006, 09:33 AM
So you want recreational players to LOSE all their money. That's one way to improve the odds on your horses --

:D :D

dav4463
04-18-2006, 05:14 PM
So you want recreational players to LOSE all their money. That's one way to improve the odds on your horses --

:D :D
That's one way to look at it!

nomadpat
04-18-2006, 08:48 PM
But you don't want them to lose their money too fast otherwise they won't keep playing ;)

The Judge
04-18-2006, 11:03 PM
There were these booklets put out some years ago called "Systems and Methods" there has to be 50-60 of these booklets. I loved reading all these rules. I bought them all in one fail swoop as I remember they didn't cost that much, they were about 20 or so pages long, good reading. Check with Gamblers Book Store in Las Vegas they are on line.

dav4463
04-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Here is another consensus play that is just logical enough to catch some nice prices.

Horse must not have negative or suspicious class move. No layoff of more than three months.

Rules:

Look at each horse's BEST BEYER in it's last THREE races. Top THREE overall Beyer figures are the key horses. If only ONE of the three is NOT IN THE CONSENSUS, that is your play if odds are 5-1 or higher. Also play in exacta boxes with the consensus horses if payoff is $35 or more at 3 MTP.