PDA

View Full Version : Missing Races at BRIS

standaman
04-15-2006, 11:16 PM
Several weeks ago I had a horse run and the chart was missing - they never did put it out there. I have been watching and I noticed there were several charts missing yesterday and again today. I have to believe this is deliberate. I think most of us would agree there seems to be some anti-trust issues but I suspect there is also collusion going on within the industry. Any attorneys out there?

kenwoodallpromos
04-16-2006, 03:18 AM
Several weeks ago I had a horse run and the chart was missing - they never did put it out there. I have been watching and I noticed there were several charts missing yesterday and again today. I have to believe this is deliberate. I think most of us would agree there seems to be some anti-trust issues but I suspect there is also collusion going on within the industry. Any attorneys out there?
______
I have no idea how much is deleberate, but a 2nd race was missing at Brisnet that Equibase had.
Today I only saw even numbered races for Thistledown and all low odds, many favorites. then I found out River Downs had all the odd numbered races, and when I checked they were mostly longshots, $9+. Talk about suspicions! I had mine!

standaman
04-16-2006, 06:53 AM
______
I have no idea how much is deleberate, but a 2nd race was missing at Brisnet that Equibase had.
Today I only saw even numbered races for Thistledown and all low odds, many favorites. then I found out River Downs had all the odd numbered races, and when I checked they were mostly longshots, $9+. Talk about suspicions! I had mine!

Fri - FL-2nd, FP-5th, WO-2nd, LRL-2nd
Sat - MNR-4th, OP-4th, TDN-7th, FON-3rd, EVD-3rd

Forces you to go to Equibase and open up the damn pdf's - otherwise no one would probably even visit Equibase anymore. Ever since they went to pdf's I have no even looked at their site

cj
04-16-2006, 07:38 AM

You are kidding, right? I would think a guy paid to make selections would know why the even races were at one track and the odd at another, but maybe you don't cover the Ohio circuit.

cj
04-16-2006, 07:41 AM
As to the charts thing, my guess is it is techical incompetence that has something to do with the new "security" measures. These missing charts were extremely rare before the measures were implemented, but seem commonplace now. I'm pretty sure top web programmers aren't being employed by BRIS or DRF, or even Equibase.

DJofSD
04-16-2006, 10:08 AM
My accumulation of charts has a few holes because of the change BRIS made earlier in the year. I didn't pick up on the change immediately and my bot behaved normally. After the fact I realize I should have been checking things more carefully.

Lasix1
04-16-2006, 10:28 AM
As to the charts thing, my guess is it is techical incompetence that has something to do with the new "security" measures. These missing charts were extremely rare before the measures were implemented, but seem commonplace now. I'm pretty sure top web programmers aren't being employed by BRIS or DRF, or even Equibase.
CJ's right: Never attribute to malevolence what simply incompetence will explain.

Tom
04-16-2006, 12:16 PM

LOL!
Have you seen that TV commercial with all the half-monkey/half humans working at computers? Must be the data room at Equibase! :lol:

DJofSD
04-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Have you seen that TV commercial with all the half-monkey/half humans working at computers? Must be the data room at Equibase!

I thought those were the turf writers telling us who's going to win the KY Derby.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-16-2006, 01:50 PM
FYI for Ken, CJ and Readers:

That's the Ohio 7 & 7 format. Two Ohio tracks split a 14-race card. The track sequence and order changes from day to day, plus right now all 3 are running (TDN & RD just began their meets).

Sometimes they get funky and make a 15 race card, and split them unevenly, so one of the tracks can have a late first post for their live races, like on a Friday.

kenwoodallpromos
04-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Yes I had gone to the Thistledown website and found out what was happening.
I played TDN years ago a lilltle but did not remember the splitting. I have never played River Downs or PM, which I handicapped today to cover as much as possible.
Seems like mostly Magna tracks open today.

standaman
04-19-2006, 07:38 AM

TAMPA - 3rd race missing from Bris yesterday.

You don't think this is deliberate? Is there any logical way you can think of that would have caused this race to be missed because of the new "security" measures? Just curious!

cj
04-19-2006, 07:48 AM
The others were all fixed the next day.

It makes no sense to intentionally leave out one chart from a race card. I don't know how they are getting their data and what program they use to display it in html, but it seems to me it is a bug. If they were just trying to find out if an off shore book is using the data, it would make more sense to put some incorrect data in a chart somewhere, something minor. Anyone can see that a whole race is missing, this is why I don't think it is intentional. I have been wrong before though.

xfile
04-19-2006, 09:29 AM
TAMPA - 3rd race missing from Bris yesterday.

You don't think this is deliberate? Is there any logical way you can think of that would have caused this race to be missed because of the new "security" measures? Just curious!

Missing from what file? I never have a problem.

Tom
04-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Tam 3rd is in the results, but no the Charts at BRIS.

I vote for incompetence over conspiracy. :eek:

dav4463
04-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Why sometimes when I click on brisnet for charts it goes to TSN and other times on brisnet?

Johnicard
04-22-2006, 12:33 AM
Some of these data sources (Trackmaster, AXCIS) manupliate the data to try and identify certain downloads so they can cancel their accounts. I would hope we in the Industry would unite and go after these pricks. I will be happy to be part of a group that fights these people through law enforcement agencies. Violating antitrust laws is a felony and those people should , and would, be prosecuted if we can form a united effort. Please contact me if you are interested. johnicard@msn.com

Johnicard
04-22-2006, 12:37 AM
When Trackmaster was searching for the source for the bet guides on the catpicks.net website, they put bogus driver names in the performance data. Believe me, these pricks will go to any means to maintain their monopoly on handicapping data.

PaceAdvantage
04-22-2006, 12:44 AM
Dear Johnicard,

Please see this post:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=270162&postcount=7

ecaroff
04-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Plenty of people adverstise their website on this board. I think the information that johnicard is supplying us about how the data providers are treating him is very important. I certainly am interested in what he has to say. PA - why do you continually support the data providers?

Tom
04-22-2006, 01:20 PM
Plenty of people adverstise their website on this board. I think the information that johnicard is supplying us about how the data providers are treating him is very important. I certainly am interested in what he has to say. PA - why do you continually support the data
providers?

What part of this do you not understand?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=270162&postcount=7

ecaroff
04-22-2006, 04:30 PM
OK - sorry - I didn't see where he said the "Harness Section". I didn't know there was a harness section. Guess harness has nothing to do with handicapping. Are we just picking numbers or playing the 1 hole?

PaceAdvantage
04-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Plenty of people adverstise their website on this board. I think the information that johnicard is supplying us about how the data providers are treating him is very important. I certainly am interested in what he has to say. PA - why do you continually support the data providers?

Do plenty of people, IN ONE NIGHT, post essentially the SAME note FOUR OR FIVE DIFFERENT TIMES, IN THREE DIFFERENT THREADS? I don't think so. People who do such things are usually kicked off the board COMPLETELY....it makes NO DIFFERENCE what the subject matter is....

Not to mention the fact that Johnicard has posted about his plight a couple of times before last night, but did NOT RECEIVE THE REACTION he was hoping for, so he starts spaming a little more.

Stop trying to paint this as me supporting the data providers. This is strictly ME trying to achieve a MODERATED board MINUS REPETITION. When people post the same note multiple times, either my accident or on purpose, I always delete the extra notes. If people continue to do this, I warn them to stop. That's my job.

Why does this need to be explained in detail to rational human beings with a modicum of intelligence? It should be COMMON SENSE.

cj
04-29-2006, 03:44 AM
Can't help but notice that Aqueduct's first race chart is missing at BRIS this morning. That must be some complicated process, publishing charts, that they seem to jack it up at least a few times a week.

OTM Al
04-29-2006, 10:23 AM
This is odd because I'm pretty sure it was there yesterday. Often will pop over during a break at work to see how the running is going and I'm almost positive it was there yesterday afternoon.

ecaroff
04-29-2006, 10:34 AM
This is odd because I'm pretty sure it was there yesterday. Often will pop over during a break at work to see how the running is going and I'm almost positive it was there yesterday afternoon.

Based on prior weeks, Saturday seems to be the day most are missing. Last week there were 7 races missing, the week before that 4. Let's see - today probably 10.

cj
04-30-2006, 08:15 AM
Just FYI for those who collect charts:

Saturday's missing charts:

GG Race 2 Off 4:47
RD Race 12 Off 4:47
WO Race 7 Off 4:11

Tom
04-30-2006, 09:03 AM
In an email, they told me they are looking into it and will lhave it fixed shortly.
Probably right after DRF gets those pace figures they talked about, what 3-4 years ago? :lol: