PDA

View Full Version : AXCIS Monopoly

Johnicard
04-15-2006, 11:16 AM
I have read numerous posts regarding antitrust and monopoly practices of DRF, Trackmaster, AXCIS, etc. I am currently dealing with this issue with AXCIS and Trackmaster. I have a website, catpicks.net, that has predicted order of finish for all harness races at all tracks. This is currently free to anyone. I am receiving threats from AXCIS and Trackmaster that I am using their proprietary data to make these predictions and they will "take further action" if I do not "cease and desist". I want to file a lawsuit to end their monopoly on raw data. This could be costly so I am asking for people to sign up as members on my website and pay $100/month to help finance the lawsuit. I would also appreciate any donations. If you are interested or have other suggestions on how to address this issue please contact me at johnicard@msn.com.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

PaceAdvantage
04-15-2006, 11:25 AM
Interesting that you felt the need to start ANOTHER thread on this subject....was the first one so full of replies that you needed to create a new one?

Sounds like unauthorized advertising to me....clever though...didn't you state that the powers that be were "f'ing with the wrong cowboy?"

Does this not imply that you already have the means and the ways to accomplish your goals? I thought you were going to be our gladiator leading us into battle against the dark side....

Now you are asking people to pay $100 a month??!!!!??? Is this a joke?

blind squirrel
04-15-2006, 11:43 AM
I have read numerous posts regarding antitrust and monopoly practices of DRF, Trackmaster, AXCIS, etc. I am currently dealing with this issue with AXCIS and Trackmaster. I have a website, catpicks.net, that has predicted order of finish for all harness races at all tracks. This is currently free to anyone. I am receiving threats from AXCIS and Trackmaster that I am using their proprietary data to make these predictions and they will "take further action" if I do not "cease and desist". I want to file a lawsuit to end their monopoly on raw data. This could be costly so I am asking for people to sign up as members on my website and pay $100/month to help finance the lawsuit. I would also appreciate any donations. If you are interested or have other suggestions on how to address this issue please contact me at johnicard@msn.com.

so this is the "AXCIS OF EVIL"!

xfile
04-15-2006, 12:09 PM
they will "take further action" if I do not "cease and desist".

First of all - those are EMPTY threats made to scare you. Your idea is noble but you are not going to find anyone here "donate" $100. What you need to do is convince an attorney who wants to make a name for himself to take this anti-trust case on pro-sonnybono. And have they not already ceased you by refusing to sell you data? That sounds like discrimination. Find the right lawyer and you got a case there. Your request is borderline "scam" material asking people for $100 sorry to say.

kenwoodallpromos
04-15-2006, 12:21 PM
I do not know you or your intentions but I would not give you a penny when you have nothing on your website to look at, just reauesting all kinds of personal information and now you want $100? You lost me.
Are you from Nigaria?

traynor
04-16-2006, 01:37 AM
Serious question; Why do you need Axcis? Ignoring the 20% plus returns you claim for top selections at major tracks, it seems that if you were serious about your business, you would (here we go again) hire some graduate students in computer science or management information systems to write an app for you to parse the USTA and Standardbred Canada (freely available) data.

Your situation is totally different than that which exists with thoroughbred data. Your data is handed to you on a silver platter, every day, for free. Why even bother with Axcis/Trackmaster/whoever you think is persecuting you? Tell them to stuff their databases and keep doing what you are doing without them. The only "advantage" to using Axcis data is convenience.

In short, you have no reason to use Axcis in the first place, let alone to violate their contract. If your business is selling ratings, the first thing you should do is assure the continuance of that business without Axcis, rather than trying to drum up sympathy and "donations."
Good Luck