PDA

View Full Version : All-in-One V6

Cesario!
04-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Does any users of this program know if you can manually input your own projected paceline, and then let the program do the rest of the calculations re:odds, pace, etc.?

Hank
04-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Ive only been using AIO for a few months,so many others would be better qualified to reply but,yes you could do this.You would be projecting improvment in a horse I presume? An interesting idea BUT a very slippery slope to start climbing. I think that B.MOTT and B.FRANKLE would hard pressed to do this in a quantifiable manner.This program is at its BEST in races for horses with established form on dirt at mid to high level tracks.Best of luck:ThmbUp:

Cesario!
04-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks. I'm torn between this program and Netcapper. How has your experience been so far?

I'm not looking for a black box. Instead, I want a tool to help make my decisions more efficient, keep me organized, and permit substantial analysis of my previous decisionmaking.

Hank
04-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Ive been pleased and impressed with the performance od AIO V6,Im still learning to make best use of it, but it is no doubt a very nice tool. Netcapper Is also a nice tool with perhaps better customer service,but allways remember YOU will make the program the program will not make YOU.whatever you decide ,COMMIT yourself to really learning to use the tool that you HAVE,before you start thinking about changing tools.:ThmbUp:

Cesario!
04-08-2006, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the response. How have the betting analysis features been? And Do you find it contains all the tools you normally use within one program?

As for the dangers of projection, I realize this is a very slippery slope. But I like the idea of getting a pace picture based on some changing factors. I expect that I'll eventually develop my own software, but I feel like this has some potential in the mean time.

kitts
04-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Cesario-

You can "construct" a paceline with your idea of fractions and beaten lengths. I used to do this years ago in the earlier editions when the software had trouble with very long races. However, no need to do that today. Just pick a paceline that makes sense to you and let the software do the projected speed and pace. This works well for me in those races where I have overlooked a horse and eliminated it. The software still projects for eliminated horses and I have been surprised (and paid for) by this nice feature.

A while back I bought and used just about every major software including Netcapper but I remained with All-In-One and have been rewarded for the decision.

I was with Cynthia Publishing during the development of All-In-One which was an amazing learning experience. I had the privilege to go to the track with one of the few "professionals" in the business. He lived and died with his own projections and spent a lot of time with it. He was very pleased to discover All-In-One and how well it made the projections (and money) for him.

Cesario!
04-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the response, Kitts. I've actually read all of your previous posts on the software on this board, and over at their forums.

What didn't you like about Netcapper?

Cesario!
04-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Kitts:

I'm also curious what you really like about AIO.

kitts
04-08-2006, 06:04 PM
I really am not comfortable posting negative comments on any software on this board.

However, I am quite willing to comment on All-In-One, V1 through V6. I am from the Dick Mitchell school of handicapping where I reduce the race to five contenders and choose pacelines. This software helps me find horses that I probably should not eliminate as previously remarked. I like the Speed/Pace summary with projected times for each call, the "UPR" ranking of these times, the extra times (like Ability Time, Balance Time and Closing Time.) I like the Speed/Pace Graph which gives me the program's opinion as to which horses are contenders and which horses fit the "pace projection point" I like the way the software maintains and updates the models. I like the "WMF ratings.

Some people have trouble picking contenders and pacelines and are not comfortable with models. Some users eliminate zero horses and let the program pick the pacelines.

It's all good, my friend

betovernetcapper
04-08-2006, 08:37 PM
I've used All in One and Netcapper and much prefer the Capper. :)
Having said that if all you'd like to do is translate your projected figs into pace numbers-ET-ST-FC or whatever, you could just buy an old Sartin program. Ask Maxpa

Richard
04-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Bear in mind that this is from someone who still has a lot to learn about this program.Being an AIOV6 user myself,I find that depending on how adept one is at picking the appropriate paceline,the pace graphs and speed/pace summaries can be quite representative of how a race will unfold.I handicapped both the Bay Shore STKS and IL Derby and nailed the winners cold(although such was not the case for me in both the Wood Memorial and SA Derby today.I did'nt quite trust the pace projections for what eventually turned out to be the respective winners of both races.I was correct to pass playing those races.No doubt I need more practice picking pacelines.).There's definitely subjectivity involved.I also definitely like the odds line feature as well as the wagering records keeping feature(where there is no subjectivity).Overall,I'm glad I got the program.

Cesario!
04-09-2006, 12:12 AM
I've used All in One and Netcapper and much prefer the Capper. :)
Having said that if all you'd like to do is translate your projected figs into pace numbers-ET-ST-FC or whatever, you could just buy an old Sartin program. Ask Maxpa

Yea, I can see how my original post gave that impression, but I think I'm looking for a little more complexing modeling than that. :)

So, why do you prefer "The Capper?"

betovernetcapper
04-09-2006, 09:16 AM
In addition to monitoring which factors are working at each track, it also monitors how well overlays and underlays are doing. I find this very helpful when playing multiple tracks. The program has lots of options and other people like other options.
From time to time Gordon puts out a new version and the upgrade is always free. The HDW monthly fee is only $100. :jump: I'm happy.