PDA

View Full Version : "TLG" Higlights Blockbuster ATRAB

DerbyTrail
04-07-2006, 02:47 PM
The Little Guy will join JJ and I on "Talking Horses" tonight as part of a blockbuster Weekend Stakes preview show...

The lineup?

4:15-5:00:
Kieran McLaughlin on Jazil, Like Now..
Dan Hendricks on Brother Derek and his Arcadia entrant..
The Transylvanian live from KEE..

5:00-6:00:
SA racing director Rik Hammerle on the big race place card..
Mike Trombetta on Sweetnorthernsaint and IL Derby..
Churchill and RTTR's Joel Cunningham on the wknd stakes..
Doug O'Neill on Itty Bitty Pretty and the Ashland..

6:00-7:00:
George Weaver on Greeley's Legacy and the Wood..
Gus Alonso capping the wknd events..
And at 6:30..

...THE LITTLE GUY ON EVERYTHING!!!

Hope you'll tune in.. 4-7pm.. Sirius 125... or listen through the webstream: http://www.attheracesandbeyond.com... Link in upper left corner..

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2006, 05:17 PM
While you're there, how about asking the good folks at ATRAB if they'd like to buy some advertising space on this website. Seems like this place would be a good fit for them and the audience they are targeting.....

DrugSalvastore
04-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Is there a chance we might be able to get our very own Ken Wood on your radio show???

That would be fantastic listening.

kenwoodallpromos
04-08-2006, 12:26 AM
I could tell my secret for picking a $2.40 winner today!LOL!!
Or why I consider this horse a good value for the Oaklawn Handicap:
_________
#4 Goulding's Green 15-1 Only Alw or Gr. race worse then 2nd in last 5 was loss in Gr. 1 to St. Liam, can go early or close, best finish was Md in the slop, Feb (last win) was off 8 month layoff.

The Hawk
04-08-2006, 01:04 AM
The Little Guy will join JJ and I on "Talking Horses" tonight as part of a blockbuster Weekend Stakes preview show...

That's a blockbuster show?

toetoe
04-08-2006, 02:19 AM
Sounds like a b-buster indeed. I wish I could ask Michael Trombetta why he couldn't choose a jockey with his head, not his heart. End of rant. I'll listen ex post facto. :ThmbUp:

CryingForTheHorses
04-08-2006, 11:11 AM
While you're there, how about asking the good folks at ATRAB if they'd like to buy some advertising space on this website. Seems like this place would be a good fit for them and the audience they are targeting.....

What kind of price would it cost to "Buy" space?

kenwoodallpromos
04-08-2006, 02:20 PM
What kind of price would it cost to "Buy" space?

Buy space? They should interview you if the listeners want a feel from the backside from a small owner-trainer married to his exercise rider and a big trainers' assistant!
I would be asking about how someone such as yourself decides on the training regimen, and about the timing, level of, and politics involved in race placement.
I would also ask spefically about race condition book races being written to separate horses by # of wins, but only weight off for recency of wins; and which and what % of trainers really believe 2 lbs off in a sprint matters- from were I handicap nowadays it sure seems many do!
Of course, with the new investigation into illiagals in the racing industry by the feds, that would be one HOT topic for discussion and since you are an immigrant it would be a good subject! I guess it used to be black plantation slaves then workers, then poor whites, now latinos doing the riding and major work on the backsides.
With you interviewed, they woulld not have to worry about you being too politically correct to get anything worthwhile out of!

toetoe
04-10-2006, 10:46 PM
I only got around to listening tonight, and this was the highlight:

tlg: "First Samurai's not getting a mile and a quarter in a flatbed."

Derby Trail: "Far be it from me to disagree with tlg's predictions. He comes from a long line of gypsies." :lol:

These guys are good, and I hate EVERYbody, don't forget.

the_fat_man
04-10-2006, 11:17 PM

Now, that's going out on a limb
by someone
who thought AOT was a real nice horse off the (BIG RACE in the) Whirlaway.

Sadly, he didn't say much (at least on this forum) after the Gotham.

the little guy
04-10-2006, 11:49 PM
I didn't say much HERE because I knew specifically that he had a problem and what it was ( DrugS can easily confirm this ) and really didn't want to get into it as there is no upside in that.

And, out of curiosity, are you suggesting I don't go out on a limb publically with my selections? Forgetting about my extensive past history of doing just that, I also picked Jazil in the Wood on the show ( and another one ). Of course, he lost.

kenwoodallpromos
04-10-2006, 11:53 PM
I only got around to listening tonight, and this was the highlight:

Derby Trail: "Far be it from me to disagree with tlg's predictions. He comes from a long line of gypsies." :lol:

These guys are good, and I hate EVERYbody, don't forget.
I pick Bob and John as my horse that "cannot get the distance", since Baffert has already said he does not like getting dirt thrown in his face. He may be my pick if he has post #1 and fastest Beyer of any!

46zilzal
04-11-2006, 12:03 AM
I pick Bob and John as my horse that "cannot get the distance", since Baffert has already said he does not like getting dirt thrown in his face. He may be my pick if he has post #1 and fastest Beyer of any!
both Giacomo and Afleet Alex fit the bill

the_fat_man
04-11-2006, 12:05 AM
I didn't say much HERE because I knew specifically that he had a problem and what it was ( DrugS can easily confirm this ) and really didn't want to get into it as there is no upside in that.

And, out of curiosity, are you suggesting I don't go out on a limb publically with my selections? Forgetting about my extensive past history of doing just that, I also picked Jazil in the Wood on the show ( and another one ). Of course, he lost.

I think the horse (AOT) is a plug; excuses or not. (That's neither here nor there). Interestingly, the horse he beat in the Whirlaway was picked by some people (that residual HUGE figure) in the Bay Shore ---and should have run second. If you didn't like Songster, he was your 2nd horse.

Jazil was a nice pick. The thorograph people were all over him. (Not that it means anything.)

Read after the fact, that he had bled in his previous race in Florida. Explains the poor effort.

Did you enjoy his trip? Saved alot of ground on the rail. Gained alot when he (finally) got off the rail.

Not suggesting anything of the sort. Just fishing.

the little guy
04-11-2006, 12:15 AM
I respectively disagree about Achilles of Troy. I will trust my own judgement that I know a good horse when I see one. It was foolish of me, however, to believe those connections wouldn't screw him up. That was stupid.

I could argue Jazil either way, that he ran well or sucked up, as the pace obviously collapsed but he was the only horse to do any running late. I don't know that ultimately he's that good, I just thought the field was suspect and he was better than his last ( I did know he bled ), as his second to Corinthian was a solid race, as was his second to Steppenwolfer. He certainly fits the mold if you're looking for the Derby to collapse, but there will probably be some better horses that will work out reasonable trips. Who they are, however, I don't particularly know at this point, and probably never will. It is a safe bet that my handle on the Derby will be lower than six or more other races that day.

DrugSalvastore
04-11-2006, 12:21 AM

That is true.

I'd also like to thank the accountability police on this site, for not calling me out, after I assured everyone that AofT's is doing "just fine"...after his Gotham loss.

And that was even after hearing rumors to the contrary, from reputable sources, that he had a soundness issue.

the_fat_man
04-11-2006, 12:26 AM
I could argue Jazil either way, that he ran well or sucked up, as the pace obviously collapsed but he was the only horse to do any running late. I don't know that ultimately he's that good, I just thought the field was suspect and he was better than his last ( I did know he bled ), as his second to Corinthian was a solid race, as was his second to Steppenwolfer. He certainly fits the mold if you're looking for the Derby to collapse, but there will probably be some better horses that will work out reasonable trips. Who they are, however, I don't particularly know at this point, and probably never will. It is a safe bet that my handle on the Derby will be lower than six or more other races that day.

It's a difficult trip to figure out. If the rail was dead, his effort is better than it appears. If not, he sucked up.

I agree. There are a number of horses that should have nice(r) trips given their running styles.

the_fat_man
04-11-2006, 12:30 AM
That is true.

I'd also like to thank the accountability police on this site, for not calling me out, after I assured everyone that AofT's is doing "just fine"...after his Gotham loss.

And that was even after hearing rumors to the contrary, from reputable sources, that he had a soundness issue.

In a perfect world, the plug wins the Gotham and Wood (beating nothing)
and goes off the favorite in the Derby.

Everything/anything else is DRAMA.

So many freaks out there YET
so many of them have excuses.

Sort of like the best basketball players in the world
being drug addicts that
show their skills once a year in the Rucker tournament.

toetoe
04-11-2006, 01:04 AM
One thing I read on Joe Takach's thread is that a perfect trip doesn't make a horse a throwout next time. Sometimes a great result after a brutal trip is just too taxing. Now, three-year-olds with decent, fully-brained connections, are better able to resist the slings and arrows of a spring campaign, but a soph that loses the big race is usually not good enough, tough campaign or not.

PaceAdvantage
04-11-2006, 06:07 PM
That is true.

Where there's smoke, there is usually fire. AoT not being "right" was probably the worst kept secret in the world....was it even a secret?