PDA

View Full Version : Congress is totally inept on immigration!

twindouble
04-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Everything they do is built around politics, getting reelected and special interest groups. When it comes to this immigration legislation the end product is going to be so watered down it will be meaningless and unenforceable. Seven billion dollars up for grabs adding to an existing defunct immigration bureaucracy, jobs for friends, family and other cronies. Millions will be sent to bordering states with Mexico to be snatched up in the same manor, not counting what will go to Mexico for their assistance that won't materialize. What they are proposing will take years to have any impact at all, their idea of controlling the border is liken to the levies in New Orleans. What cracks me up, when these levies are rebuilt they still won't withstand a category 4 or 5 hurricane and a 3 is questionable. :rolleyes: Freaking dummies.

T.D.

twindouble
04-07-2006, 11:34 AM
I might add we are at war having no control over our borders and the people we elected just won't step up to the plate to do what our constitution mandates. All a bunch of cowards with backbones of snakes that will bend in any direction to maintain the status quo.

I'll also add Tom calls the shots as he sees them and he's far from being wrong on many things but blowing up and killing everyone isn't the answer. :lol:

T.D.

Tom
04-07-2006, 05:42 PM
I do see war with Mexicao as entiley required. We need a regieme change there more than we did in Iraq.

Bush and both parties have committed the ultimate act of betrayal - they have outsourced our elections. Both parties will do anyhitng, icluding selling out this country to get more votes. The governent is corrupt and we also need a regieme change here. And a new constitution, one that will protect our nation. The one we have has been proven lacking.

Schools in many parts of the country are banning the American flag, and where if Bush.....still have not heard a word from him. Must be afraid Fox will beat up.

twindouble
04-07-2006, 09:36 PM
I do see war with Mexicao as entiley required. We need a regieme change there more than we did in Iraq.

Bush and both parties have committed the ultimate act of betrayal - they have outsourced our elections. Both parties will do anyhitng, icluding selling out this country to get more votes. The governent is corrupt and we also need a regieme change here. And a new constitution, one that will protect our nation. The one we have has been proven lacking.

Schools in many parts of the country are banning the American flag, and where if Bush.....still have not heard a word from him. Must be afraid Fox will beat up.

Believe it or not, I said many years ago, the only way this country will fall it would come about through subversion, I stated that primarily because of our open borders and willingness to except anyone and everybody trusting they wouldn't have no ill will against's us. :rolleyes: To me that was a logical deduction because at the time or now. There was no way any country could invade us or defeat us in battle without being destroyed in the process.

T.D.

JustRalph
04-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Congress is totally inept

this should have been the thread title.............it is more appropriate

twindouble
04-07-2006, 09:57 PM

Agreed, it would be nice to have an editor. :)

DJofSD
04-07-2006, 10:08 PM

Redundant!

If we can't live with Congress maybe we should fire them all and start over. And any one with any kind of prior political experience is not eligible to run for office. Sometimes good things come from chaos.

schweitz
04-07-2006, 10:14 PM
TERM LIMITS!

Tom
04-07-2006, 10:56 PM
TERM LIMITS!

Yes - 0 terms! :lol:

Big Bill
04-08-2006, 09:04 AM

JR,

Your post reminded me of a quote from Jim Drinkard, a reporter from USA Today who has covered Washinton events since 1981. He said that Congress only does two things well: nothing and overreacting!

Big Bill

Tom
04-08-2006, 11:17 AM
As long as bill originate from committees, and the members of the committees are not elected, then we do not all have equal representation under the law. This is not way it should be done.
Congress needs to be disolved.

twindouble
04-08-2006, 11:24 AM
As long as bill originate from committees, and the members of the committees are not elected, then we do not all have equal representation under the law. This is not way it should be done.
Congress needs to be disolved.

I knew I would learn something from you as we go. :eek: :D I thought those committees were made up of bipartisan members of congress when it comes to legislation and only reach out for private people to get more information and opinions from so-called experts in the field. :confused:

T.D.

JustRalph
04-08-2006, 12:50 PM
JR,

Your post reminded me of a quote from Jim Drinkard, a reporter from USA Today who has covered Washinton events since 1981. He said that Congress only does two things well: nothing and overreacting!

Big Bill

An astute observer for sure..........

kenwoodallpromos
04-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Do you predict horse races as well as you did the Congress immigration ineptness?LOL!! You must be a psychic- or the Congress is that predictably inept!!LOL!!

twindouble
04-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Do you predict horse races as well as you did the Congress immigration ineptness?LOL!! You must be a psychic- or the Congress is that predictably inept!!LOL!!

I find horse racing a lot more challenging than handicapping politicians, one would have to be a complete fool not to see through them.

Hope that answers your question. :cool:

T.D.

Tom
04-08-2006, 04:20 PM
I knew I would learn something from you as we go. :eek: :D I thought those committees were made up of bipartisan members of congress when it comes to legislation and only reach out for private people to get more CASH and opinions from so-called experts in the field. :confused:

T.D.

That's more like it!

twindouble
04-09-2006, 12:46 PM
I mentioned in this thread the existing defunct immigration bureaucracy. I just learned today the same loop hole that allowed the 911 terrorist in this country exists only worse. There's a thousand or more illegal immigrants looking for asylum that have ties to terrorist organizations in one form or another and nothing is being done about them. A whistle blower has been trying to press the government act on the problem but it's falling on deaf ears or not willing to act in fear of losing their jobs I would assume. To think we are going to pump a few more billion into that organization just blows my mind. :mad:

Tom
04-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Everyone in DC should be ashamed of themselves.
This "do the work Amerians will not do is crap."
There are 12-20 million UN-documented illegals here - that mean we do NOT know anyhting about them - we can't count them, how do know what they are?
It is obvious to me that there are terrorists amoung them, as well as rapist, killers, thieves, you know typical congressmen!:rolleyes: What is 1 percent of 20 million? A half a percent? 0.25%? A quarter of a percent - that's 50,000 potential terrorists. Say is only 10 million, that's still 25,000.
9-11-01 was carried out by.....19.

Both parties and Bush want them here for cheap labor, and to get more voters on tier side. Business and personal gain are what they are motivated by. The best for Americans, security for America, and plain common sense are lacking in their debates.

Indulto
04-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Business and personal gain are what they are motivated by. The best for Americans, security for America, and plain common sense are lacking in their debates.And they'll learn from observing how common it is for common sense to appear in debate on this board?

Go back to your calculations and figure out the percentage of people unwilling to do jobs that illegals do who are willing to do any jobs at all. 0%?

Tom
04-09-2006, 07:57 PM
And they'll learn from observing how common it is for common sense to appear in debate on this board?

Go back to your calculations and figure out the percentage of people unwilling to do jobs that illegals do who are willing to do any jobs at all. 0%?

Wrong question, Indulto - not jobs that American won't do, jobs business won't PAY to have done. Libs whine all the time about the minimum wage laws, and how we have to raise the rates, yet they don' tinclude these jobs or these people. Funny, how come it only matters when it is jobs THEY will do? They are buying Bush's lies about this hook line and sinker.
Try this out - raise the min wage rates to $10.00 andhour, and then make it apply to 100% of all jobs in this country. Let's see what happens then.

Indulto
04-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Try this out - raise the min wage rates to $10.00 andhour, and then make it apply to 100% of all jobs in this country. Let's see what happens then.Tom,
You mean after a flood of horseplayers go back to working for a living, and a surge in illegal Indian/Asian immigration? Illegals from South of the border will still work the fields because the growers will still break the law.

Raising the amount people are willing to pay for food (reducing fuel costs?) as well as increased law enforcement with higher penalies regarding employers of illegals will have a greater effect on REDUCING illegal immigration than raising the minimum wage. Raising the LEGAL minimum wage makes sense only when it is the ACTUAL minimum wage.

Secretariat
08-21-2006, 11:30 PM
This is where the deficit is next spent. 127 billion. This is a disaster. Employers who hire illegals shoudl be heavily fined so the government retreives costs on this and illegals are deterred from getting illegal work. This has become a looney tune approach.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060821/ap_on_go_co/immigration_costs

"Immigration bill's cost pegged at $127B

By SUZANNE GAMBOA, Associated Press Writer
Mon Aug 21, 7:44 PM ET

WASHINGTON - The Senate's immigration proposal would cost $49 billion over the next five years and $127 billion over the next decade, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

The majority of the costs would be for increased enforcement, such as hiring more Border Patrol officers and building more detention facilities.

The legislation would offer a chance at citizenship for millions of immigrants. Spending on government benefits programs, including refundable tax credits for the working poor, would rise by $16 billion for the years 2007-11, and by $48 billion over the decade, the CBO said in a report released over the weekend.

Legalization of now illegal immigrants would increase spending on Social Security and Medicare benefits by $10.5 billion over the next 10 years, the CBO said. Eligibility by many of them for refundable earned income tax credits aimed at helping low-income families would cost another $24.5 billion."

kenwoodallpromos
08-22-2006, 02:25 PM
"The majority of the costs would be for increased enforcement, such as hiring more Border Patrol officers and building more detention facilities.

The legislation would offer a chance at citizenship for millions of immigrants"
Call me stuipid, but if we legalize all current illegals, then have to increase the budget for detention of illegals, Doesn't that mean anyone from either party that votes for this assumes that the US Government will never want to and/or be able to kleep their NEW nannies, gardeners, home repair persons, and copmpetition to US citizens for low-income work from crossing over illegally?
Anybody who votes for this cares not about National Security, the working poor, the disabled, kids on drugs, and are admitting that whichever party is in charge and whoever is in Washington DC, will be unwilling and/opr ujnable to solve the problem (unless we citizens form a "Minuteman" type organization. Then we the people are invading THEIR turf and they will begin acting like they want to do something.
Act like they ae trying to do something like putting this kind of trash bill out!

skate
08-22-2006, 03:34 PM
gees, this boarder issue is like capping a RACE AFter its run. borrrrring.

this has been going on for 30 years, and THE PEOPLE have done nothing. thats you , me etc. nothing, done nothing, so live with it, and be happy.

sit back and watch the dwindling

blame this and blame that,...

you are right where they NEED you

and my bartender needs ME, now.

bettheoverlay
08-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Why do we love democracy so much?

Sometimes I forget when I read threads like these.

Was there a halcyon time when politicians were ept?

Secretariat
08-22-2006, 07:00 PM
"The majority of the costs would be for increased enforcement, such as hiring more Border Patrol officers and building more detention facilities.

The legislation would offer a chance at citizenship for millions of immigrants"
Call me stuipid, but if we legalize all current illegals, then have to increase the budget for detention of illegals, Doesn't that mean anyone from either party that votes for this assumes that the US Government will never want to and/or be able to kleep their NEW nannies, gardeners, home repair persons, and copmpetition to US citizens for low-income work from crossing over illegally?
Anybody who votes for this cares not about National Security, the working poor, the disabled, kids on drugs, and are admitting that whichever party is in charge and whoever is in Washington DC, will be unwilling and/opr ujnable to solve the problem (unless we citizens form a "Minuteman" type organization. Then we the people are invading THEIR turf and they will begin acting like they want to do something.
Act like they ae trying to do something like putting this kind of trash bill out!

Regardless of party this is atrocious. When we can spend 129 BILLION for detention centers and guards, and progrsms to help transtion illegals, but don't have the money for 7 MILLION for injured vets with brain injuries. It is a sad, sad commentary.

If those illegally hiring the illegal immigrants are dealt with punitively, and there are no jobs available, we won't have to spend billions to warehouse and guard illegals.

PlanB
08-22-2006, 08:06 PM
I agree with Just Ralph and Skate. Congress does nada nothing and in a way,
but not totally, We do little to pressure issues. Sometimes I can't even believe
how stupid our government acts.

JustRalph
08-22-2006, 10:37 PM
you could have left off the "on immigration" part of this thread........