PDA

View Full Version : Looking for people who watch on MLB.com

andicap
04-07-2006, 04:07 AM
Does anybody subscribe to the video package on MLB.com? where you can watch live games?
If so, please email or send me a PM ....

thank you,

xfile
04-07-2006, 05:39 AM
Does anybody subscribe to the video package on MLB.com? where you can watch live games?
If so, please email or send me a PM ....

thank you,

Are you talking about MLB.tv? I was thinking of subscribing. It's 79.95 for the whole season or 14.95 a month. You must have cable or dsl to really appreciate the technology. But then again doesn't everybody have high speed deal by now? I couldn't live without it. :cool:

bettheoverlay
04-07-2006, 07:35 AM
I signed up yesterday for one month because the last two nights ESPN preempted their listed baseball games with ESPN News. I'm suspecting they were showing the Mets game who presumably won't allow their games in the Philly area to be shown anymore?

The games are all there and easy to navigate back and forth. Problem is the transmissions are spotty, stopping and starting, and often go away altogether to "buffering". Its quicker to click off and click back on. Quality was similiar to horse racing, watchable but far from TV quality. I watched a bit of an archived game and the transmission was uninterrupted. I have a high speed cable connection.

njcurveball
04-07-2006, 10:24 AM
I have the video and it is great. The quality is nothing like cable TV, if that is what you are expecting.

I also wanted to see the Mets last night and kept turning to ESPN expecting to see baseball. Instead I saw a few talking heads with scores scrolling across the bottom.

I really do not understand the black-out rules for baseball. Were they expecting me to get in the car and drive to Shea? If it was because of the Mets broadcast of the game, that isn't available in my area anyway.

With many people having satellite TV and the capability to get the west coast feed, isn't it time to stop penalizing the people who actually pay for cable?