PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS

Tom
04-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Scooter Libby has named the source of the CIA operative's name.

Gerorge W. Bush!

Now it gets interesting.

JustRalph
04-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Scooter Libby has named the source of the CIA operative's name.

Gerorge W. Bush!

Now it gets interesting.

Just a legal strategy. The President can declassify whatever he wants. If Scooter got permission from the Prez.......he is off the hook............

46zilzal
04-06-2006, 01:00 PM
ah yes, the ole "I am above the law" ploy
Libby, 55, testified in 2003 that he provided reporter Judith Miller with information from a classified National Intelligence Estimate after being told by Cheney that Bush "specifically had authorized" him to "disclose certain information in the NIE." Libby also testified that Cheney specifically directed him to speak to other reporters about information in the classified NIE (which addressed Iraq's purported weapons of mass destruction programs) as well as a cable authored by Plame's husband, former ambassador Joseph Wilson. The leaking of the classified material was apparently done in an effort to counter claims made by Wilson regarding the White House's justification for invading Iraq.

Snag
04-06-2006, 01:37 PM
It sounds like his defense will be:

He told me to do it.

No, He told me to do it.

No, No, He told me to do it.

I can't wait till Libby gets down to the Rep. from GA, Cynthia McKinney, telling him to do it.

Nothing is going to stick here.

Tom
04-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Just a legal strategy. The President can declassify whatever he wants. If Scooter got permission from the Prez.......he is off the hook............

Maybe legally, but if he did it for political gain, it speaks volumes about his total lack of character. PErsoanll, I think he did it and I really, really hope this leads nothing but contiued headachs and legal entanglements for him.
anyhting to keep him a) home and b) not doing anything.
I would applaud impeachment, though. No doubt in my mind his crap dwarfs Clinton's.

JustRalph
04-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Maybe legally, but if he did it for political gain, it speaks volumes about his total lack of character. PErsoanll, I think he did it and I really, really hope this leads nothing but contiued headachs and legal entanglements for him.
anyhting to keep him a) home and b) not doing anything.
I would applaud impeachment, though. No doubt in my mind his crap dwarfs Clinton's.

They do everything for political gain.........everything............standard operating procedure........besides...it has been proven that Joe Wilson is full of it..........I applaud going after his ass.......... :ThmbUp: :jump:

TurfRuler
04-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-Ga.). will probably be prosecuted for slapping a DC cops hand after he tried to restrain her from entering the government grounds without her congressional pin attached to her apparel. He claims that he did not recognize her ("they all look alike").

President Bush (and VP Cheny) approved the leak of a CIA operative name to the media for a political ploy, went to war on faulty intelligence, approves of government spying on U.S. citizens and believes that enemy combatants can be held without trial in Cuba...

Well slap my hand any day....at least I can high-five you back.

kenwoodallpromos
04-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Bush said he would find the source of the leak- and he did!!

Overlay
04-07-2006, 12:13 AM
I'm not taking a position one way or the other about the propriety of the leak or the leaked information, and maybe I just didn't get enough details, but it wasn't clear to me from the news coverage I heard that the "certain information" that Libby was authorized to disclose included Plame's identity as a CIA operative (even if the Administration was trying to discredit her husband's charges). The most I heard was that the classified information dealt with factors supporting or lending credence to the belief that Saddam had access to WMD. Anybody get a better reading on that?

hcap
04-07-2006, 06:12 AM
From Fitzgerald

http://www.thesmokinggun.com//archive/0406061libby3.html

"Defendant's participation in a critical conversation with Judith Miller on July 8 [2003] occurred only after the Vice President advised defendant that the President had specifically authorized defendant to disclose certain information in the NIE ... Defendant testified that he was specifically authorized in advance of the meeting to disclose the key judgments of the classified NIE to Miller on that occasion because it was thought that the NIE was 'pretty definitive' against what Ambassador Wilson had said and that the vice president thought that it was 'very important' for the key judgments of the NIE to come out ... Defendant testified that the vice president later advised him that the president had authorized defendant to disclose the relevant portions of the NIE."

Ok, Libby's story doesn't directly implicate the president in the Plame leak yet. But the latest revelations are gonna f**k up scotty mcClellan.

The fall of 2003, the "honest" administration was still resisting the appointment of a special prosecutor or independent counsel to probe the leak of plame's identity.

Then sept. 29, 2003, courageous Helen Thomas asked him whether "the president has tried to find out who outed the CIA agent? And has he fired anyone in the White House yet?"

Patronizing scotty boy mcclellan replied, "Helen, that's assuming a lot of things. First of all, that is not the way this White House operates. The President expects everyone in his administration to adhere to the highest standards of conduct. No one would be authorized to do such a thing."

And youse guys wanna crucify cynthia for slapping a cop?

hcap
04-07-2006, 06:18 AM
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/040606R.shtml

" Furthermore, Libby's attorneys have argued that they are entitled to the evidence in order to prove Libby was not engaged in a "plot" to discredit Wilson. But Fitzgerald said he does not have evidence that would prove that theory. Instead, Fitzgerald said the evidence he has obtained proves there was a coordinated effort by White House officials to discredit Wilson.

"There exist documents, some of which have been provided to defendant and there were conversations in which defendant participated, that reveal a strong desire by many, including multiple people in the White House, to repudiate Mr. Wilson before and after July 14, 2003.

Although Fitzgerald makes it abundantly clear that Libby is not charged with conspiracy, he argues that Libby's suggestion that no there was no White House plot to discredit Wilson is ludicrous given the amount of evidence Fitzgerald has in his possession that suggests otherwise. "

betchatoo
04-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Patronizing scotty boy mcclellan replied, "Helen, that's assuming a lot of things. First of all, that is not the way this White House operates. The President expects everyone in his administration to adhere to the highest standards of conduct. No one would be authorized to do such a thing."

Two different things. Both parties need to take responsibility and accountability for their actions

Lefty
04-07-2006, 11:32 AM
Turf Ruler, I have spotted the racist in this group and it is you!

46zilzal
04-07-2006, 02:22 PM
watch out, anyone attacks his boy gets a label!

JustRalph
04-07-2006, 02:25 PM

Let's find one for you Doc! I am taking nominations........

Tom
04-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Turf Ruler, I have spotted the racist in this group and it is you!\

......and he seems so proud of it, too! :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

Tom
04-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Let's find one for you Doc! I am taking nominations........

Credit to Spiderman....Doc Krock! :lol:

Lefty
04-08-2006, 12:26 AM

46, read Turf'post and my post carefully. He said the Policeman did not recognize her(because they all look alike)that's racebaiting and as racist as it gets. There are rules and she didn't follow them so Turf and others try to brand the policeman as a racist. That's just awful! So, my post had nothing to do with Turf's attack on Bush. There ya go..

Tom
04-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Lefty,
I thought that was pretty obvious. Must be you can't see the truth with and agenda in front of your eyes.
Discussion is not within some poster's capabilities. They are only programmed to react to key words.
If you posted that you just bought a rose bush for your lawn, Hcap would likey post several links about how bad BUSH is. That is all these guys see.

hcap
04-09-2006, 07:30 AM
So Tom you complain about me being off topic in the McKinney thread, so let me return rascist allegations lately here back to Scooter.

Scooter’s defense..

He was much too important and much too busy to remember something as insignificant as his conversations about Valerie Plame, and that he had no reason to lie about what he did.

Fitzgerald says..

" Defendant’s request for discovery to show an absence of motive to lie or conceal his conduct overlooks the fact that even the materials defendant appended to his motion show that in early October 2003 (when defendant first gave his story) there would be great embarrassment to the administration if it became publicly known that defendant had participated in disseminating information about Ms. Wilson’s CIA employment, and defendant would have had every reason to assume he would be fired if his true actions became known. The National Security Advisor Dr. Condoleezza Rice publicly stated that she knew "nothing of any such White House effort to reveal any of this, and it would certainly not be the way the president would expect his White House to operate.".

So george authorized leaking. Cheney gets the go ahead to spill. Tells libby leak away....and george don't know Squat??????

Duh!
You babbled thisDiscussion is not within some poster's capabilities. They are only programmed to react to key words.
If you posted that you just bought a rose bush for your lawn, Hcap would likey post several links about how bad BUSH is. That is all these guys see.Ok not one link but a quote from Fitz. Yep bush is baaaad.

Ok a cartoon

http://www.firedoglake.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/nutcracker.jpg

hcap
04-09-2006, 07:39 AM
Now as far as F*****d** cheney goes..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/08/AR2006040800916.html

A 'Concerted Effort' to Discredit Bush Critic
Prosecutor Describes Cheney, Libby as Key Voices Pitching Iraq-Niger Story

"Bluntly and repeatedly, Fitzgerald placed Cheney at the center of that campaign. Citing grand jury testimony from the vice president's former chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Fitzgerald fingered Cheney as the first to voice a line of attack that at least three White House officials would soon deploy against former ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV.

You babbled..
Hcap would likey post several links about how bad BUSH is. That is all these guys see.

What do you see monkey?

Tom
04-09-2006, 12:22 PM
You babbled..
Hcap would likey post several links about how bad BUSH is. That is all these guys see.

What do you see monkey?

I see you finally posted something in the right thread. Your habit of taking threads off topice to sit your personal needs in not only annoying, it is rude and childish. This is not your personal bulleting boards with things the hcap likes to see. You need to grow up, be more respectful of other people, and feel free to express yourself, but only in the apporpriate threads, and in ways that conform to PA's rules.
Congratulations - you got one right. Try to continue.

That's what I see, pol-hack!