PDA

View Full Version : Formulator 4.1 Company Line

samyn on the green
04-06-2006, 05:15 AM
The Company line has been reduced on the 4.1 formy software. The names are undecipherable about half of the time now due to a reduced amount of charectors availbale for the company line. I am somewhat crafty regarding horse names but this format has pushed deciphering horses names into the realm of deciphering cryptic codes. After capping/decoding the card at Aqueduct I was able to deciper the Shepards Monument code and I am on my way to retrieving the holy grail with ease. I just can't tell you who ran second to Galloping Grocer last out.

For example 06APR AQU Race 5 Horse #5 The Deputy Is Home

19DEC the company line reads THDptyIsHom 120 Rplcton 116 HyRb 118

I have no idea who ran 2 and 3 in this race do to over abbreviation. Why would a company downgrade a program with a newer release? Very dissappointed.

ceejay
04-06-2006, 09:39 AM
If the race in question is of the last 3 starts you can pull up the full chart. Also, when you buy the formulator data files I think (but am not sure) that you can grab the PDF for free.

takeout
04-06-2006, 10:56 AM
That has always bugged me too and I think many of the resellers have taken it too far. Because they can only fit so much stuff in one line of PPs, I have long thought that the stuff in PPs should be sold a la carte.

Tim
04-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Actually it looks like they have abbreviated long horse names in the company line for years. I looked at both the hard copy and the pdf for that race and it's the same. I also took a look at some 2002 and 2003 hardcopy Daily Racing Forms and some 2003 Formulator pp's and found abbreviations in the company line

It's funny that I never noticed that before. Makes me wonder what else I'm missing.
Tim

kitts
04-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Maybe I am just lucky, but I downloaded files for tomorrow this morning and the Company Line came out fine. I am using Formulator Basic.

samyn on the green
04-06-2006, 03:39 PM
The key is to print the PP's, the names are further butchered in hardcopy format.