PDA

View Full Version : With Aqueduct cancelled. Is there?

Citation33
04-05-2006, 03:03 PM
still a pick 3 payout. Say you have the second and third race won. Do they give out a consolation when the 4th race is cancelled?

rrbauer
04-05-2006, 03:08 PM
still a pick 3 payout. Say you have the second and third race won. Do they give out a consolation when the 4th race is cancelled?

The 4th race is won by "all". Look at all of the partners you have!

Citation33
04-05-2006, 03:10 PM
HAH just great. Thanks didnt see the payouts and it wasnt up yet on the NYRA website. Thanks again for the info

Ron
04-05-2006, 04:23 PM
I'd be pissed off if I started my pick 3 and pick 4 with a 29.20 horse and that happened. I didn't realize that they could keep your money if two legs of a pick 4 were cancelled.

toetoe
04-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Thank God they didn't start the pick-six, or the payoff would be x-all-all-all-all-all.

the little guy
04-05-2006, 04:38 PM
I'd be pissed off if I started my pick 3 and pick 4 with a 29.20 horse and that happened. I didn't realize that they could keep your money if two legs of a pick 4 were cancelled.

They didn't keep your money. The Pick-3 and Pick-4, both of which ran two legs, paid $127 and $125 for having the first two winners, which was higher than the parlay by the way. The Pick-3 beginning with a $5.40 horse paid $4.80, obviously due to the Pick-3 being a 25% takeout versus 15% for win betting.

toetoe
04-05-2006, 05:24 PM
tlg,

That raises an interesting hair I'd love to split. Canceling the in-progress bets would be one option, but the payoff on the incomplete bet penalizes the winners. I know it occurs once in a blue moon, but as they can't adjust the take, maybe they can refund on one-down sequences, and pay out on two-down and more. I could even argue that in case of refund (scratch, cancellation, etc.), all bettors, even those already "dead," should get refunds.

Let's say you made a show or superfecta bet and your horse broke down or dumped the rider early on. If subsequent events narrowed the finishers down to 4 or 5, and the show bet or super were refunded, you'd get your money back, even though you had no better case than a "dead" serial player has in a later race.

the little guy
04-05-2006, 07:54 PM
I agree, racetracks should have a parimutual caveat wherein if a multi-race wager is narrowed to a wager involving fewer races the takeout reverts to the other wager, i.e. one race=win and two=doubles. In fact, I've discussed this in the past.

Good luck to it ever happening.