PDA

View Full Version : Go Terps!

cj
04-05-2006, 04:42 AM
Any win over Duke is sweet, men or women. To beat UNC and Duke back to back to win the title is as good as it gets for a Maryland fan.

Valuist
04-28-2006, 01:29 PM
In one of ESPN's numerous draft shows, they showed the tight end from Maryland. This guy is an amazing athlete. 4.4 speed, bench presses 425 for reps and great hands. But funny thing, despite his bench, he can't block. Great receiver but apparently he has poor technique in blocking. I guess that could be coached into a player; 4.4 speed can't. I wish he would be available when my Bears draft, but he'll be long gone by then.

headhawg
04-29-2006, 08:41 AM
Valuist,

Don't be surprised if you just sit there and scratch your head after the Bears pick. The Bears are not Draft Day geniuses. I give you their history here:

Bears Draft History (http://www.databasefootball.com/draft/draftteam.htm?tm=CHI&lg=nfl)

With the exception of a good run in the mid-80s they suck. Coincidentally, they won a Super Bowl during that period. Look at their 1st rounders since 1991. Pretty pathetic, although the jury is still out on Harris/Grossman and Benson.

HH

Valuist
04-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Headhawg-

You were right. Everyone knows they desperately need a tight end. They've got a great defense and need offensive help. So what do they do? They sign a free agent CB for millions and draft defense, after trading the first pick away. They had things fall into place like a horse getting a perfect trip. I see them taking a step backwards this year.