PDA

View Full Version : AODDS SILVER

keenang
07-28-2002, 11:41 AM
ANYBODY HAVE A LATTER VERSION OF AODDS PLUS BY JIM BRADSHAW THAN AODDS SILVER. I HAD HEARD THERE WAS ANOTHER LATTER VERSION.
THANKS GENE

JimG
07-28-2002, 11:48 AM
Gene...I do not own it but I believe an Aodds Gold 98 version was put out later than the silver version. There used to be info about it on:

www.theprogrammer.com

Jim

andicap
07-28-2002, 03:15 PM
Bradshaw and Randy Kovach are no longer servicing AODDS. You can get the downloads from BRIS still, but that's it.

Myhorse1_X
07-28-2002, 04:59 PM
Keenang:

The A-Odds silver was a free download. The later versions with the modler sold for about $560.00

If you want to update to the later version you can contact Randy Kovich or Jim Bradshaw.

MyHorse1

keenang
07-28-2002, 07:23 PM
I THOUGHT AODDS WAS A GOOD CONTENDER PICKER AS MOST OF THE WINNERS WERE IN THE TOP 3 HORSES.I REMEMBER JIM B. FROM THE SARTIN DAYS. I AM NOT SURE ANY PROGRAM IS WORTH 560 DOLLARS,BUT THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR REPLIES.
GENE.

sq764
02-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Had to search way back for this one...

Did anyone ever find a copy of Aodds? I was interested in checking something out on the program.. Please let me know if you have any idea..

sq764@aol.com

Secretariat
02-16-2004, 03:21 PM
Also have AOdds98 Gold and run it on XP today with on problem. Has a decent modeler, and does pretty well. I don't know what AOdds Plus is though.

sq764
02-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Anyone have a copy of this program by Bradshaw?

Topcat
02-17-2004, 02:22 AM
I have all the Aodds-Silver, Gold, Plus etc somewhere on one of my computers. It was decent it its time but can't compare to software like HSH.

Jaguar
02-24-2004, 09:09 PM
AODDS Silver was a disappointment out of the box. It just ranks horses. No truly accurate, track-specific projections.There are much better speed and pace programs available.

In short, AODDS is an antique.

All The Best,

Jaguar

Secretariat
02-25-2004, 04:08 PM
AOdds Gold allows you to model by track and classes and find profitable wagers. I think Kovach created a good product. I use my own, but AOdds Silver was bascially a demo product for the Gold.

BeatTheChalk
06-02-2004, 04:42 PM
If anyone would like to discuss Aodds...give me a holler ...
We use it to get contenders ... then send the horses to
Thoromation. I may have stumbled onto something that
could really narrow down the contenders .. Just using PRC
or the SP ratings or any one Variable .. will not get the
Real longshots for the most part.
However - I might have found something that is logical and
keeps most of the longshots in play. Let's chat if you are
interested. I never have figured out how to use the
modeler !

Tom
06-02-2004, 07:25 PM
I have A-Odds, and his later program, the Match Up.
I used them to get contenders, too. I knew a guy in Toronto-forget his name, but he was Indian and wore a HUGE white turbin with a red ornament in the front-very nice fellow, always laughing. If you ever met him, you would nver forget him.
He use A Odds to get trifect and spuperfectas. His method was box the top 4 in tris and the top 5 in supers. I was at Albany teletheater with him one day and he made more money that afternoon than I make a year! Sheez, I swear I can hear him laughing right now.

I am buying a new monitor this week so I can set up my old computer (W95) with all the Sartin stuff on it. You guys got me going again.......maybe we can do some races together.

Secretariat
06-02-2004, 09:23 PM
Tom,

What is the Match Up program like? How does it differ from AOdds? I saw it appear on the market and then was off before you know it.

What are the pros and cons of it versus AOdds? btw...how is Jim doing? Last I heard he was ill...

witchdoctor
06-02-2004, 10:22 PM
I saw Jimmy at FMT racebook on Derby day. He was looking good and is now disease free 9 years after being diagnosed with lung cancer. I remember sitting with him at the racebook on the Saturday before he was going to get the first biopsy. He wound up hitting 18 horses in a row that ran second. He said I just can't seem to concentrate.

BeatTheChalk
06-02-2004, 10:57 PM
When you say " He used the TOP 4 FOR TRIFECTAS and
the TOP 5 for Supers .... " Which readouts was he using ?
In other words ... was he using PRC ? or another Variable to
get these top horses ?? Perhaps the Power Screen. Be
interesting to find out .... Of course the Indian gent is long
gone now :)

DJofSD
06-03-2004, 09:12 PM
"The Hat" selected 18 horses that ran second? Wow, to bad Doc wasn't there to witness that and to profit from it. And to think of all the ribbing Jimmy took from Doc over the years about not being able to pick the place horse for exactas.

DJofSD

Tom
06-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by BeatTheChalk
When you say " He used the TOP 4 FOR TRIFECTAS and
the TOP 5 for Supers .... " Which readouts was he using ?
In other words ... was he using PRC ? or another Variable to
get these top horses ?? Perhaps the Power Screen. Be
interesting to find out .... Of course the Indian gent is long
gone now :)

Can't remeber what screen he used. I am taking my #2 computer out of service for XP upgrades next week and hooking my old W95 up to fill the void. I'll look at the prgram again and see if I can remeber.
Was there an "A-Odds" screen that ranked the horses?

Tom
06-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Secretariat
Tom,

What is the Match Up program like? How does it differ from AOdds? I saw it appear on the market and then was off before you know it.

What are the pros and cons of it versus AOdds? btw...how is Jim doing? Last I heard he was ill...

I was Windows based and had a lot of bells and whisltes added, better modeler, file maintenance, easier screens to use and save files for Sartin programs. Had all the essential A Odds stuff in it. Good program all in all.

Secretariat
06-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by witchdoctor
I saw Jimmy at FMT racebook on Derby day. He was looking good and is now disease free 9 years after being diagnosed with lung cancer. I remember sitting with him at the racebook on the Saturday before he was going to get the first biopsy. He wound up hitting 18 horses in a row that ran second. He said I just can't seem to concentrate.

Thanks...Good to hear...Jimmy never was a place player.

Secretariat
06-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Can't remeber what screen he used. I am taking my #2 computer out of service for XP upgrades next week and hooking my old W95 up to fill the void. I'll look at the prgram again and see if I can remeber.
Was there an "A-Odds" screen that ranked the horses?

Many screens in A-Odds horses ranked the horses via a LS or Line Score.

The Power Screen
The Main Screen
AOdds Contender Screen
Velocity Screen
Even the Virtual Line has a line score.

Secretariat
06-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I was Windows based and had a lot of bells and whisltes added, better modeler, file maintenance, easier screens to use and save files for Sartin programs. Had all the essential A Odds stuff in it. Good program all in all.

Thanks Tom. Wonder why the match up program never was a big seller.

andicap
06-04-2004, 09:58 AM
I had Aodds Gold and my biggest problem with the software was no one ever told you which read-out to use. There were about 12 of them and you didn't even get good instruction on which ones were best for predicting early speed, etc. I think one of the factors was just a speed figure but The Hat never told you that.
The instruction manual was a joke.

They came out with a modeler later that I didn't get, but I never heard anyone get rich with that sucker either.

Not saying Aodds didn't work for anyone -- I just felt Bradshaw and Co. did a terrible job explaining how to use it. Now Bradshaw was always available by phone-- props to him for that -- but after 30 minutes talkinig to him I didn't feel a whole lot clearer about how to use the program.

Maybe today I would, knowing more about match-ups and pace, etc.

Tom
06-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Sec,
I think it was the A-Odds contender screen he was using.

omar
06-14-2004, 08:59 PM
i'm using aodds silver and i like the #7 bro raja in the 5th at mnr.Also looking at #9 @35-1 for the babushk.

BeatTheChalk
06-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Could you send me the file from MNR ? Would love to see it..
I have never run a race there :) thanks ...

Secretariat
06-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Sec,
I think it was the A-Odds contender screen he was using.

I think you're right. Jimmy didn't have the hide featiure, but I think he recommened limiting to the top 4, 5 or 6 PRC horses as contenders depending on number of horses in the race at least for win.

Is Jim still around? What about Leroi?

BeatTheChalk
06-15-2004, 11:46 AM
PRC .. many of the winners DO come out of the top 5 to 7
rankings. ( depending on the size of the field ) However .. I always respect any horse .. that has a Yellow mark .. in
the Fractions ( On the Velocity Screen ) .. and a horse that
has Yellow mark .. In the Aodds contender screen..Ist call or
2nd call. These horses can be very dangerous.

Tom
06-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Does BRIS still offer A Odds Silver?
I don't see it on the list.

BeatTheChalk
06-16-2004, 12:38 AM
Bris has downloads for AOdds. As for the program itself ..It
hasnt been for sale for many years. I dont know if Jimmy
Bradshaw has any copies to sell ...

edhortonedh
05-31-2006, 04:30 PM
i also have used aodds gold plus (circa 1996) & auto modler as well as various sartin programs (synergetic matchup/exdc-kgen/thoromation II. found a terrific factor in aodds for triple crown races (after manually tossing bogus horses) & had best hit ever (pic4 at santa anita) when dirt track changed to hidden energy after being early. i had all my software installed on an old windows 95 laptop that crashed. they used everlock to protect the aodds & thoromation software & am now stuck. also having trouble running synergetic matchup on my xp computer. getting "divide overflow" errors. probably from being too fast. it will run on my w98 computer. would like your opinion on using aodds contender methodology that you use before sending to tm II. mostly play scal circuit.

Pcon04
06-02-2006, 11:39 AM
So what is the program worth on the market with the everlock
protection cracked???Mine still works?? But not in winxp.It was ok years ago good on turf as I recall..I never
installed the auto modeler oh it has a separate converter program that makes bris drf files
into aodds files plus program that looks at the pp's and gives some power
figs.Aoods GOLD 98!!!
I guess there is a way to have two o/s on one computer that would solve
the problem... RIGHT
pcon

dugoutgold
06-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Im looking for a copy of aodds super gold for windows. Also read a few post about the divide overflow error with older dos sartin and bradshaw programs using windows xp. The older programs will not run on xp but will run fine on both windows 95 and 98.
As far as the everlock copy protection there used to be a program called "fix it for everlock" that you simply copyed to the Hrace directory.

Secretariat
06-05-2006, 12:59 PM
My AOdds Gold ran on XP, but I had to do this with it to get it to install.

Create 9 folders off the C drive called Disk1, Disk2, Disk3, Disk4, Disk5, Disk6, Disk7, Disk8, Disk9

Copy each of the data from each disk into each of the associated folders. Then install from the setup in Disk1.

Worked for me.

(I may have left the disk in the floppy, but I remember having to do this.)

Tom
06-05-2006, 01:11 PM
Thanks, Sec - I'll try it.
Did you hit any snags with XP being abel to run DOS programs?
I am getting that on my MPH program, but didn't use to.
I liked GOLD a lot. I have his newer Match Up, but haven't used it in a while - that was pretty neat as well.

cklv
06-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Can anyone tell me if aodds gold is the same as AODDS 98 and which is the more recent program. I run AODDS 98 on XP and it works fine.

Thanks.

dugoutgold
06-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Aodds gold is a dos program, was made around 1995, the 98 is the last version.

Mike at A+
06-06-2006, 08:34 AM
From my programming experience, a divide overflow is usually caused when an attempt to divide something by zero occurs. Which is why I never use a straight divide in my code. I use a "cover function" called DIV which does a "safe divide". When the denominator is zero, the safe divide returns a zero as its answer. In theory, one should never have to divide by zero but sometimes vendor files contain errors forcing a programmer to either return a default value or blow up.

highnote
06-09-2006, 08:19 AM

The Matchup is still one of my all-time favorite books. He made handicapping a race so simple. Granted, he could have used an editor, but the book is well worth the money in my opinion.

shanta
06-09-2006, 09:01 AM
The Matchup is still one of my all-time favorite books. He made handicapping a race so simple. Granted, he could have used an editor, but the book is well worth the money in my opinion.

Jim is hard at work on a new book bringing the matchup to the 21st century. Complete with adjustments ( how HE does it), sample cards of races, step by step explanations of his thought processes.

Yes he does have some help this time. It will be much more easily understood.

Most importantly he is doing great health wise!

Richie :)

highnote
06-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Jim is hard at work on a new book bringing the matchup to the 21st century. Complete with adjustments ( how HE does it), sample cards of races, step by step explanations of his thought processes.

Yes he does have some help this time. It will be much more easily understood.

Most importantly he is doing great health wise!

Richie :)

That's fantastic news -- his health and his book! Looking forward to it.

shoelessjoe
06-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Caught a glimpse of A Odds Super Gold and from what I saw it seemed to be a very good program.Too bad they never kept doing updates with it.Jeff

omarr
08-15-2006, 09:39 AM
how's it going? have'nt heard from you in a while.i'm still using aoddsgold98-am getting better at it.i figured out how to key on a horse,just using the program w/o keeping results.hit the pick 4 on haskell day-split 312 with freddy.i left the 8 off a 2nd ticket in the 2nd leg,or would have it the whole shabang.i'm hanging in there and so is freddy.my dad took a fall in a.c.last week and he's back in hosp.and he's hanging in there too.white haired john stopped using the program.write or email me.i'm off this week will be at meadowlands thurs & sat.omarr