PDA

View Full Version : Bruins In Ruins

toetoe
04-04-2006, 02:46 AM
Down goes Howland! Down goes Howland! :jump:

Sailwolf
04-06-2006, 05:09 AM
Down goes Howland! Down goes Howland! :jump:

They still were better than 62 teams. I never had them in the final four especially after USC beat them.:rolleyes:

Dan Montilion
04-06-2006, 05:28 AM
They may be better than 62 hundred teams but they still fall in with all of the other "also rans".

Dan Montilion

cj
04-06-2006, 01:34 PM
They may be better than 62 hundred teams but they still fall in with all of the other "also rans".

Dan Montilion

I don't buy that. I'd rather my team come close and fail than just plain stink.

BIG RED
04-15-2006, 11:31 PM
........and to think. I thought you guys were talking about the Boston Bruins?

Yes, they su... :D

46zilzal
04-16-2006, 12:09 AM
How about better than ALL the teams save one? Villanova, LSU or Duke did not get to the final game did they? Like knocking the Place horse in the Derby. No other name will ever be recorded that day that race. Same thing here.

Also name another school that has their BB record??? Only Kentucky and Duke even come close. NO school has won the whole thing even 7 times and they have won it 11. Matter of fact UCLA has more NCAA championships than ANY OTHER division one school

the list:
# UCLA: 97
# Stanford: 91
# Southern California: 84
# Oklahoma State: 46
# Arkansas: 42
# LSU: 40
# Texas: 38
# Michigan: 32
# North Carolina: 31
# Penn State: 30

Sailwolf
04-16-2006, 06:55 AM
How about better than ALL the teams save one? Villanova, LSU or Duke did not get to the final game did they? Like knocking the Place horse in the Derby. No other name will ever be recorded that day that race. Same thing here.

Also name another school that has their BB record??? Only Kentucky and Duke even come close. NO school has won the whole thing even 7 times and they have won it 11. Matter of fact UCLA has more NCAA championships than ANY OTHER division one school

the list:
# UCLA: 97
# Stanford: 91
# Southern California: 84
# Oklahoma State: 46
# Arkansas: 42
# LSU: 40
# Texas: 38
# Michigan: 32
# North Carolina: 31
# Penn State: 30

Ah gee USC has less Thats too bad:jump:

toetoe
04-16-2006, 12:19 PM

You're absolutely correct. They had the best team Sam Gilbert could buy, for years and years. I still say Pete Newell was the best. God, my homerism is a bear, a GOLDEN bear.

46zilzal
04-16-2006, 01:37 PM

You're absolutely correct. They had the best team Sam Gilbert could buy, for years and years. I still say Pete Newell was the best. God, my homerism is a bear, a GOLDEN bear.
who is Sam Gilbert?

toetoe
04-16-2006, 04:16 PM
He was the bag man for UCLA. I'm sure every program that aspired to "greatness" had one. He was good, and of course, so was Wooden. It's kind of pathetic, though, to hear John Wooden's magical pyramid of a transcendental life, or whatever he calls his prescription for perfection, when WE know what goes on in big-time athletics. I can believe HE doesn't know ... MAYBE ... but WE know.