PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar Saturday 7/27

rrbauer
07-27-2002, 04:52 PM
Spent too much time on the Saratoga card!

Today's card looks like Mr. Tufts the morning-line maker did his homework. Most of the horses that I like have some negative associated with them that keeps me at arms length. A couple to look at:

R6
Kona Gold (who wins this stakes the last couple years) scratched.
No real opinion but take a look, for future reference, at Mighty David, an example of a 3YO that got good. Problem in here is that after that last effort, I'd like to see about 3 more weeks on the bench. Sometime Paasch gets carried away.

R7
Might be some value with Ender's Shadow, 8-1 on the line. This could be a pretty good runner, has trained well and Stevens stays around.

R9
Go Natalie Go is working better than she ever has. I like the rest and the return to sprinting. I like the 15-1. There will be some serious ding-donging up front with Ohforcraftsakes & Lady Tropics out winging and this could set up for a tracker.

R10
What a bunch of slowpokes here. Hard to Call comes back from some rest, has a nice 6f work and looks better than anything else that I see (which ain't saying much!).

Go Baby Go

rrbauer
07-27-2002, 06:29 PM
Race 4 coming up.
Just learned that Mighty David is a late scratch from the Crosby (R6). Good move IMHO.
Keep an eye out for this one when he runs again.