PDA

View Full Version : CompuTrak Special Rebate.

thoroughbred
04-02-2006, 01:50 PM
Reminder, so there is no misunderstanding, I am the owner of Revelation Software.

As a run up to the Kentucky Derby, there is, for now, a special instant rebate for CompuTrak. The rebate is $70 off the $199 price, so the cost is only $129.

This special price is available from a link when running the free trial which can be downloaded from www.revelationprofits.com

The free trial version is the complete program.

JimG
04-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Reminder, so there is no misunderstanding, I am the owner of Revelation Software.

As a run up to the Kentucky Derby, there is, for now, a special instant rebate for CompuTrak. The rebate is $70 off the $199 price, so the cost is only $129.

This special price is available from a link when running the free trial which can be downloaded from www.revelationprofits.com

The free trial version is the complete program.

Just great. I bought it a couple of weeks ago. Any rebate for this recent purchase?

Jim

thoroughbred
04-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Just great. I bought it a couple of weeks ago. Any rebate for this recent purchase?

Jim

Jim,

As with typical promotional events, they do not apply to previous purchases.

danddiver
04-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Or could I get a partial rebate?
:ThmbUp: Thanks,
Dan

xfile
04-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Why in the world would you offer a rebate this time of year? One would think the program should sell at a premium a month before the TC season. I bought my Yeast program almost 10 years ago for $250. I never batted an eyelash and that was 10 years ago. Yeast had 16 top pick winners over the poly-wanna-cracker-track at Turdway Fri-Sat-Sun combined. It's amazing since the program was originally written for SoCal racing 10 years ago!!!. Comes up big on polytrack too. Beav must be smiling in the heavens. :cool:

thoroughbred
04-04-2006, 11:18 PM
Why in the world would you offer a rebate this time of year? One would think the program should sell at a premium a month before the TC season. I bought my Yeast program almost 10 years ago for $250. I never batted an eyelash and that was 10 years ago. Yeast had 16 top pick winners over the poly-wanna-cracker-track at Turdway Fri-Sat-Sun combined. It's amazing since the program was originally written for SoCal racing 10 years ago!!!. Comes up big on polytrack too. Beav must be smiling in the heavens. :cool:

XFile,
I'm sure you know that there are many approaches to setting prices, rebates, etc. I'll treat your question, nevertheless, as a serious one.

The reason we are giving rebates during the height of the racing season is BECAUSE it is the height of the racing season. Note that the rebate is only available to those who try the trial version. Our strong belief is that when someone tries the program, they will, firsthand, experience its power and appreciate the success it achieves for them. So we decided to offer the rebate to ENCOURAGE handicappers to try the program by coupling it to the requirement of downloading the trial version. And, continuing along this confidence vein, we designed the trial version so that it is complete in every respect. Nothing in the trial version is disabled or missing compared to the permanent version

We continue to encourage handicappers to check out the trial version before they buy. That makes it a win-win situation for both the potential purchaser and ourselves because when someone purchases after experiencing the free trial we know that purchaser has evaluated the program to his satisfaction. That eliminates much of the normal interaction that occurs when a purchase is made outright, i.e., outside of the rebate program.

xfile
04-05-2006, 06:21 AM
Supply and demand controls prices on everything in this world. Demand should be high right now. In any case it's your deal and you have the right to do what you want. Good luck with the software.

shanta
04-05-2006, 08:08 AM
Jim,

As with typical promotional events, they do not apply to previous purchases.

That's cold. The fellow JUST buys it and u can't give him a "little love" man?
The ink is barely dry on the check he sent you.

Richie

Houndog
04-05-2006, 10:04 AM

Richie

One can always make exceptions to policies in unique situations such as these, even the Credit Card companies do it sometimes.
;)

JimG
04-05-2006, 11:12 AM

Richie

Thanks for that note Richie. That's why I asked him to begin with. I buy it very recently, then it is reduced 30%. Even though I like the software so far, his stance does not leave a very satisfied feeling.:ThmbDown:

Jim

danddiver
04-05-2006, 12:23 PM
I was actually serious in my previous post.
Dan :bang:

shanta
04-05-2006, 12:28 PM
One can always make exceptions to policies in unique situations such as these, even the Credit Card companies do it sometimes.
;)

Yes " Dog" yes! The respectful and courteous thing to consider :) :ThmbUp:

rrbauer
04-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Thanks for that note Richie. That's why I asked him to begin with. I buy it very recently, then it is reduced 30%. Even though I like the software so far, his stance does not leave a very satisfied feeling.:ThmbDown:

Jim

Think of it this way: Your copy must be more valuable and will no doubt pick more winners than today's cheaper version.......

thoroughbred
04-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Think of it this way: Your copy must be more valuable and will no doubt pick more winners than today's cheaper version.......

rrbauer,

There has been no change to the software. The version available by rebate, is identical in EVERY respect.

Jingle
04-05-2006, 06:52 PM
JimG--just a suggestion for the future. As a 30 yr labor relations negotiator,
some things are best done privately rather than a post on a very active board. If I was the owner and said okay to you don't you think I might start a domino effect--at what point do the refunds end. Put yourself in the seller's shoes. Just a thought.

Topcat
04-05-2006, 10:05 PM
rrbauer,

There has been no change to the software. The version available by rebate, is identical in EVERY respect.

He was joking and trying to help you out.

To Jingle, JIMG and others:
If I bought recently I might feel the same way but I've got to ask do you folks go to the grocery store and ask for the discount on the items they had on ad on sale last week?

A temporary discount is by definition limited in time and scope.

Light
04-06-2006, 11:20 AM
If the program is any good,it should be paying for itself.

ratpack
04-06-2006, 12:54 PM
When I buy any software I always ask the seller if any specials are coming up within the next month or so.

I found I saved money when I asked that question before I purchased both Bet-Smart and Computrack.

rrbauer
04-07-2006, 11:30 AM
rrbauer,

My comment was dripping with sarcism and designed to make those who purchased the product in recent days at the full price feel "good" about the way that you cheapened their product. Your lack of consideration to those folks says more about your attitude than any of your marketing-driven gobbledygook.

From my perspective, I would pay PA for keeping people like yourself off of this board because you have nothing to share and your presence here is driven solely by your desire to take horseplayers' money.

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Just to make things PERFECTLY CLEAR, CompuTrak IS AN AUTHORIZED ADVERTISER, meaning he has PAID MONEY to be able to advertise on this board, which gives him a little more freedom in posting notes about his product in the handicapping software section.

As you can see from his USER TITLE, it clearly states he has my blessing to talk about his product more freely than someone who does NOT support this site with advertising dollars, and tries to get free ads in before I can delete them.

Now, this does NOT mean his product or his marketing tactics are immune from criticism. Even though he is operating under a less restrictive posting policy concerning his product, he is still free to receive any and all criticisms from fellow posters as long as they don't violate the terms of this board.

I just want to make it CLEAR to people that when you see the USER TITLE "Authorized Advertiser," this means this person is entitled to post about their product on the appropriate forum.

I for one appreciate the fact that Thoroughbred and CompuTrak have STEPPED UP and supported this website with advertising dollars.

As for this particular situation, I don't understand why there is such a problem with the "rebate."

Vendors do this all the time, with everything from software to soft drinks. It's called a SALE. Happens all the time in the world of capitalism.

Tom
04-07-2006, 05:24 PM
My comment was dripping with sarcism and designed to make those who purchased the product in recent days at the full price feel "good" about the way that you cheapened their product. Your lack of consideration to those folks says more about your attitude than any of your marketing-driven gobbledygook.

From my perspective, I would pay PA for keeping people like yourself off of this board because you have nothing to share and your presence here is driven solely by your desire to take horseplayers' money.

Feel good now?
Thanks for "sharing" that tirade. I'm sure we all enjoyed it.

....thoroughbred, as you are one of the few who help pay the bills here, let ME thank you for your honesty and for "sharing" the burden.
Tip o' the hat to you, sir!

rrbauer
04-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Feel good now?
Thanks for "sharing" that tirade. I'm sure we all enjoyed it.

....thoroughbred, as you are one of the few who help pay the bills here, let ME thank you for your honesty and for "sharing" the burden.
Tip o' the hat to you, sir!

I feel great....can't wait until your inventory of bananas gets replenished.