PDA

View Full Version : NO Simulcasting in Massachusetts anymore

hbeck
04-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Pathetic...

they can't pass another extension of the simulcasting bill so now Suffolk, Plainridge, Taunton and Wonderland have zero simulcasts available to bet on.

Stevie Belmont
04-01-2006, 11:20 AM
They have internet betting up there? Things are heading south fast in Beantown for race fans.

RedSound
04-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Not much has been said about this major topic. The Plainridge site is awful for keeping people informed. Nothing in the papers or news. Just a couple articles on the USTA site. :confused:

Indulto
04-04-2006, 07:03 PM
We all know Paul Revere was a horseman – what about Sam Adams? Maybe it will all come down to the last minute, man. It’s revolting to think that gambling on races isn’t alive and well on the banks which hosted risk-taking on a far greater scale. Or are the Beantown Bookies the preferred beneficiaries of the massive handle bet by the masses in Massachusetts? Where’s Boston Blackie when you need him?

RedSound
04-06-2006, 07:45 AM
As of lastnight its really over :mad:

samyn on the green
04-06-2006, 07:56 AM
Just a hunch, but I think foxwoods is behind this. They must have all those politictions by the wallet. It really is too bad that the fans of Boston will miss out on the greatest of sports, while saddled with childlike moron sports like baseball and football.

twindouble
04-06-2006, 09:11 AM
I would love to see Rockingham run thoroughbreds again, when Suffolk closes that could happen. Plus they would have the opportunity to market their signal at the right price rather than give it away. The track had a low takeout compared to most tracks in the country.

T.D.

Tom
04-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Slighty off topic,

Mass is passing legislation to mandate everyone in the state have health insurance. What's next? Outlawing Krispy Kremes?
Sounds like Mass is aking the route towrds controlling everyone's lives.
This is really scary....Big Brother time.

Dave Schwartz
04-06-2006, 11:40 AM
My condolences to the Massachussetts members of our board. You must feel like a good friend has died.

With the online gaming legislation pending we could well see more of this.

Constantly I see the members of this board at each others throats over politics when it is the politicians themselves (both red & blue) that we should be angry with.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

twindouble
04-06-2006, 12:03 PM
My condolences to the Massachussetts members of our board. You must feel like a good friend has died.

With the online gaming legislation pending we could well see more of this.

Constantly I see the members of this board at each others throats over politics when it is the politicians themselves (both red & blue) that we should be angry with.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Being a MA resident, I expect nothing but the worst from them when it comes to gambling. The time will come when I can no long wager online then I'll move to NY. I'm just 10 min from the border so I'll still be close to family. As a matter of fact, I have relatives that own property in Canaan NY that can be subdivided and was offered to me.

T.D.

Indulto
04-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Massachusetts House defeats VLT bill, extends simulcast laws by Steve Myrick
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/todaysnews/newsview.asp?recno=63056&subsec=1 (http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/todaysnews/newsview.asp?recno=63056&subsec=1)

“The House did approve a renewal of simulcasting laws that expired on March 31 and forced Suffolk Downs to close for simulcasting for six days. By a wide margin, legislators voted to extend the racing regulations until December 31, 2006.”

Do you think they read this board?

RedSound
04-06-2006, 06:17 PM
My mistake on my last post. Simulcasting got aproved but they said No to slots. There is talk about having thoroughbreds race on sundays at Rockingham this year. I guess time will tell.