PDA

View Full Version : 4/1, Yesterday we had a +10,000 % ROI, April Fools Buddy! Can't believe you fell 4...

2000_ls1
04-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Here we go, happy April fools and may great luck be with ya matie.

AQU
R2-1/4/6 EXA, SHOW - $14
R4-8/6/11 SHOW - $14
R5-2/6/7 EXA, SHOW - $14
R6-13WP - $4
R7-8/11 PLACE - $4
R9-6/9/10 EXA, SHOW - $14

BEU
R3-1/3/6 EXA, SHOW - $14
R5-3/6 PLACE - $4
R6-3 WP - $4
R8-1/9/12 EXA, SHOW - $14

GOLDEN GATE FIELDS
R5-2WP - $4
R8-7WP - $4

GULFSTREAM
R1-1WP - $4
R2-4/5/2/6 TRI, SHOW - $32
R3-9WP - $4
R4-10/8/4 EXA, SHOW - $14
R5-4WP - $4
R6-8WP - $4
R7-5WP - $4
R10-7/5 SHOW - $4
R13-3WP - $4

HAW
R1-3WP - $4
R3-4WP - $4

LAUREL
R1-2WP - $4
R2-5WP - $4
R6-1WP - $4
R10-14WP - $4
R13-2WP - $4

OAKLAWN
R1-1/4/6/3 TRI SHOW - $32
R2-2/3/6/5 TRI SHOW - $32
R3-2/3/6/4 TRI SHOW - $32
R4-2/3/9/7 TRI SHOW - $32
R5-5/7/9/6 TRI SHOW - $32
R6-7/9/3/5 TRI SHOW - $32
R7-4/6/7/2 TRI SHOW - $32
R8-2/4/6/7 TRI SHOW - $32
R9-2/6/7/4 TRI SHOW - $32
R10-1/2/5/4 TRI SHOW - $32
R11-2/6/8/4 TRI SHOW - $32

SANTA ANITA
R2-6WP - $4
R3-1WP - $4
R4-2WP - $4
R8-8WP 7 SHOW - $6
R9-1WP - $4

TURFWAY PARK
R1-2WP - $4
R10-1WP - $4

TOTAL WAGERED = $578.00

TOTAL RETURNED = $0.00

TOTAL PROFIT = ($578.00)

2000_ls1
04-01-2006, 08:48 AM
POSOTIVE ROI THE LAST THREE DAYS = +40%

FRIDAY - 42%
THURSDAY - 22%
WEDNESDAY - 72%

3 DAYS IN A ROW OF POSOTIVE ROI, WITHOUT PP'S, THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!

NO, MY FRIEND, IT ISN'T, LOL.

shanta
04-01-2006, 10:27 AM

FRIDAY - 42%
THURSDAY - 22%
WEDNESDAY - 72%

3 DAYS IN A ROW OF POSOTIVE ROI, WITHOUT PP'S, THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!

NO, MY FRIEND, IT ISN'T, LOL.

Go head!

And your fingers never left your hand to do it either! ;)

May the force be with you again :cool:

Richie

Koko
04-01-2006, 10:35 AM

Could we also have the somewhat more significant number, that is, your ROI over the last three weeks? Thank you.

2000_ls1
04-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Well it would be negative by around 20%, I have just started being more "selective", that is the point of only having 3 days roi. In a wekk or 2 we'll have 2 weeks roi to go by.

See the thread in the handicapping forum.

Koko
04-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Well it would be negative by around 20%, I have just started being more "selective", that is the point of only having 3 days roi. In a wekk or 2 we'll have 2 weeks roi to go by.

See the thread in the handicapping forum.

Thank you. If it were only that simple to make a profit in this game, the math and programming sharpies here wouldn't have spent the relatively large part of their waking hours figuring out how to make a profit.

In a para-mutual environment, information that is easily interpreted and available is generally close to worthless. Mott/Bailey and Hollendorfer/Baze trainer jockey combinations probably each win 40% + of their races. Sounds great right? Well everyone can see this in the PP's, so instead of an ugly looking PP on these guys going off at 8-1 it goes off at 6-1 because everyone respects the connections abilities to win.

When they have a favorite (which is often) instead of going off at 5-2 they go off at 8/5. Take a look at the ROI betting those T/J combinations blindly. I'll guarantee you it's not even close to breakeven. You can't beat the game trying to cash the most tickets. A good analogy is real estate where the mantra is "location, location, location", well in this game it's "value, value, value".

To really sum up, the tools needed to beat the game come in two varieties:

A. Information the public doesn't have access to

B. Information that the public has that you interpret more profitably than the public.

Either or both of those things is what's needed to beat the takeout.

Most of us don't have a lot of chance to acquire much of the A. catagory stuff so we're left with finding things in the B. catagory.

2000_ls1
04-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Koko, maybe you're right and the last 3 days was a fluke, who knows?

I'm not doubting that information is key, I don't have that information though...let's just see how it goes. Worth a shot right?

Koko
04-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Worth a shot right?

Do you really want an answer or was that simply a rhetorical question? It's kind of like the old "do these pants make my butt look big" line?

If this were the 2nd day of pari-mutual horse race betting in history and there was no good data available to answer that question firmly, then, yes, any approach would be worth a shot. That's not the case and if you look at the literature in the industry you can be certain that what you're using is not going to get the job done.

I'm not saying that you'll instantly be more successful the first time you incorporate PP information into your analysis, in fact you'll amazed at all the data that you now have the challenge of trying to interpret more successfully than the public.

Look at it this way. If you bet $50 a day and spend $2.50 daily for PP data, you need to improve your ROI by merely 5% using that data for it to pay for itself. Why wait a month to discover what experienced, knowledgeable handicappers with no axe to grind can assure you of right now?

It's sort of like you deciding to try and run on one leg when every other athlete for thousands of years has concluded that two legs work better.

I'm the last person to do or believe something because the consensus does, as you might deduce from the satirical title under my screen name, I'm just trying to lead you to step up the information flow if you want to see many more of those + ROI days.

If you're just in the game to have fun regardless of the financial consequences then don't even bother reading my misdirected posts, but if you care about the bottom line you might want to consider that I'm offering well grounded advice. You seem rather intent on doing it your way though, so I'm not going to address the point again, no offense taken by the way, I wish you the best of luck.

2000_ls1
04-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Due to scratches and what-not, all best of 4 horses with 1 scratch was dropped to an exacta bet with a show bet on all, all 3 horse selections were dropped to a p/s on the remaining 2 horses, etc.

The amount wagered at the end of the day was $506.00
The amount returned at the end of the day was $552.90

Thus, a fourth consecutive day of posotive ROI, todays was lower however than yesterday with a 9% Profit or $46.90. Thanks for looking, more selections coming soon!!!

So, in the end, is it possible? Yes, yes it is.

Kind of makes me wonder what i could do with pp's. I really wanted to get used to looking at the information I have now, now I know I'm ready for PP's. Stay tuned to see what happens. Hopefully the result will be a steadier roi, not 9% one day to 72% another. That is what I am shooting for.

2000_ls1
04-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Do you really want an answer or was that simply a rhetorical question? It's kind of like the old "do these pants make my butt look big" line?

If this were the 2nd day of pari-mutual horse race betting in history and there was no good data available to answer that question firmly, then, yes, any approach would be worth a shot. That's not the case and if you look at the literature in the industry you can be certain that what you're using is not going to get the job done.

I'm not saying that you'll instantly be more successful the first time you incorporate PP information into your analysis, in fact you'll amazed at all the data that you now have the challenge of trying to interpret more successfully than the public.

Look at it this way. If you bet $50 a day and spend $2.50 daily for PP data, you need to improve your ROI by merely 5% using that data for it to pay for itself. Why wait a month to discover what experienced, knowledgeable handicappers with no axe to grind can assure you of right now?

It's sort of like you deciding to try and run on one leg when every other athlete for thousands of years has concluded that two legs work better.

I'm the last person to do or believe something because the consensus does, as you might deduce from the satirical title under my screen name, I'm just trying to lead you to step up the information flow if you want to see many more of those + ROI days.

If you're just in the game to have fun regardless of the financial consequences then don't even bother reading my misdirected posts, but if you care about the bottom line you might want to consider that I'm offering well grounded advice. You seem rather intent on doing it your way though, so I'm not going to address the point again, no offense taken by the way, I wish you the best of luck.

Koko, when I go to the track I buy a DRF so I know what's in the PP's and how to read it. I was wondering if a posotive roi could be accomplished without the access of pp's, and, for 4 days now, yes it has been accomplished. Amazing? No, but at least a start.

Koko
04-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Koko, when I go to the track I buy a DRF so I know what's in the PP's and how to read it. .

Do you mean you buy the Daily Racing Form? Those have PP's, past performaces in them. If you're talking about a program, that has post position, owner, trainer, jockey and morning line information, vast difference.

Also, because people tend to be skeptical of other's results, you might want to consider posting the individual results and your summary as you had been doing if it's not too much trouble.

2000_ls1
04-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Lol, when I go to the track, once every week or so, I'll buy a DRF. Yes they have PP's and the programs at OP also has the PP's in it as well. I do not know about other track's programs and whether or not they have PP's though. I do not go to the track every day though. Just when I go I buy the DRF. We'll normally go one day on the weekend on average. I only see the PP's on the days I go, and it's after I post any selections. The track is about an hour away, actually a little more than an hour, so it would be stupid for m to go buy a DRF, come home and post picks, then go back to the track to enjoy the day.

2000_ls1
04-01-2006, 10:43 PM
I'll do this tomorrow.

Also, because people tend to be skeptical of other's results, you might want to consider posting the individual results and your summary as you had been doing if it's not too much trouble.