PDA

View Full Version : Love/Hate Them: "B" Trainers

RaceIsClosed
04-01-2006, 06:12 AM
You know the type: they win about 12 percent of the time, never get great horses, and never seem to be that predictable when they win, they don't show a positive ROI in any category, but as surely as Beyer misses the Derby winner, there they are, messing up an otherwise perfectly handicapped race with a horse who doesn't shock you, but who always surprises you.

I can't stand these guys.

Doc
04-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Which "B" trainers are you talking about?

Some of my favorites are Alan Bedard and David Geist.

Doc

twindouble
04-01-2006, 11:03 AM
You know the type: they win about 12 percent of the time, never get great horses, and never seem to be that predictable when they win, they don't show a positive ROI in any category, but as surely as Beyer misses the Derby winner, there they are, messing up an otherwise perfectly handicapped race with a horse who doesn't shock you, but who always surprises you.

I can't stand these guys.

I don't have anything earth shaking to say but without those guys this handicapper would have been long gone many years ago. Getting down on trainers is another pit fall in this game or jocks for that matter. Everything you know about handicapping applies them as well as the high % trainers when it comes to the race in hand. I'm not saying it's easy to toss the likes of Frankel, Baffet or Mullins but I don't have to deal with those guys anyway.

T.D.

kenwoodallpromos
04-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Try handicapping their horses instead of them.