PDA

View Full Version : old sartin manual

shoelessjoe
03-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Im looking for an old sartin manual called A Day At The Races,if anyone has it please let me know.Shoeless

Dick Schmidt
03-30-2006, 02:35 AM
Shoeless,

As the saying goes, Rots of Ruck. I don't have a copy and I wrote the damn thing. Somewhere in my garage I must have the photo originals to that and everything else I turned out for PIRCO, but I have no idea where (No, I'm not going to look and make anybody a copy of anything). I have thought about re-publishing some of this old stuff, but the copyright is very unclear. I wrote it, but Doc published it. Handshake deal, so we never did discuss exactly which rights I was selling. Oh well, probably only about four guys in the world who would want them.

Dick

Duct tape is like The Force. It has a dark side. It has a light side. Used correctly, it holds the universe together. Used incorrectly, it sticks your cat to the wall.

shoelessjoe
03-30-2006, 06:23 AM
Dick,There might be more of an interest in it than you think.Shoeless

Murph
03-30-2006, 06:30 AM
Dick,
Have you considered doing a completely new piece that would update this
information and put the Sartin methodology in perspective for today's handicappers? I'd think a book like that would have a wider audience than a couple dozen customers. You would likely generate interest from folks who have heard about the Sartin methods but are having trouble making sense of the various unconnected and outdated sources currently available. (ME, for one)

At the very least, you posess materials of historic significance and I hope you can find a way to make them available for future handicappers as useful tools for winning more at the track. I have always been fascinated with the history of PIRCO and the idea of self confidence and money management working hand in hand. Maybe Mr. Brohammer would contribute?

Sincerely,
Murph

shanta
03-30-2006, 07:29 AM
Dick,
Have you considered doing a completely new piece that would update this
information and put the Sartin methodology in perspective for today's handicappers? I'd think a book like that would have a wider audience than a couple dozen customers. You would likely generate interest from folks who have heard about the Sartin methods but are having trouble making sense of the various unconnected and outdated sources currently available. (ME, for one)
Sincerely,
Murph

This is going on today Murph on Binder's site "Pace and Cap". http://bindfold.com/forums/index.php

Here you will find users of TODAY'S Sartin software along with the programmer ( "Museful") Ted Craven who is helping move the "Sartinistas" into the 21st Century.

There are also some members VERY skilled in the use of the older software so a bit of everything is available there.

Also live feedback on problems is available almost instantly and instead of reading something produced after the fact live stuff is going on there constantly.

Having said all that I would LOVE to read anything that Dick would produce. Still the BEST book ever written for winning at the races is his work " Pace Makes the Race".

Richie :)

andicap
03-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Im looking for an old sartin manual called A Day At The Races,if anyone has it please let me know.Shoeless

Is that the one with Groucho, Chico and Harpo?

Get your Tutsi-Fruitsi ice cream!!!!

:p :p

46zilzal
03-30-2006, 12:05 PM
no that was the Breeder's guide, the one you got befroe the jockey's code book

shoelessjoe
03-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Why did you forget Zeppo?Shoeless

andicap
03-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Zeppo was not in Day at the Races. He quit the team after Duck Soup -- of course hardly anyone noticed.

andicap
03-30-2006, 06:51 PM
no that was the Breeder's guide, the one you got befroe the jockey's code book

:lol:

shoelessjoe
03-30-2006, 07:15 PM
How about Allan Jones?

Rpd
03-31-2006, 10:51 PM
Shoeless Joe,

I have a copy

shoelessjoe
03-31-2006, 11:03 PM
I sent you an e-mail thanks.Shoeless

Tom
04-01-2006, 01:11 AM
I was there that day.....GREAT day at the races in the big party tent at Toga.

modred
04-11-2006, 10:29 PM
What was "A Day at the Races" about?

I have "A Week At The Races With Two Pros" and that was about Dick Schmidt and Tom Hambleton at Santa Anita the week of Oct 9the thru Oct 13th 1991 doing TPR.

Tom
04-12-2006, 12:24 AM
The one I'm thinking of was a day at Saratoga.
the did the whole cards, race by race, using several different programs and methods - Energy, PBS ratings, Synergism.

shoelessjoe
05-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Im still interested in the manual if anyone has it.I would be willing to buy it or trade a program if you would like.I heard from a couple of people that they had it but nobody ever followed through.Jeff