PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee Trail of Tears Project

kenwoodallpromos
03-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Federal Govt "trail of Tears Project" may expand. Please email your Senators and Congreepersons and tell them to vote yes! Thanks!
I am the one who contributed the only copy ever made or will be made (35mm film) to the Cherokee Heritage Center of the 1836 petition.

so.cal.fan
03-29-2006, 10:17 PM
Ken,
I know a Cherokee woman in Oklahoma who does tours of this "trail of tears"
I'm going to PM you, she wants to contact you.

Here is her email:
would like to see his film on the Trail of Tears. Do you know where I could find it....

They are finding more and more Trail of Tears and opening more Trails where the Indians had to flee. Its the saddest thing you will ever hear, what happened to the Indians.

They have opened up more Trails in Rogers, Ark. We went to the dedication 3 wk ends ago, it was so emotional. We got to walk on the Trail of Tears they just dedicated - 2 miles. I ordered a Film, not in stores until a couple more wks. We watched it, it showed how the Indians were forced from their homes, working in the fields, older men and older womenwomen carrying babies, people carrying dead children, Grandma's dieing - no way to give them a decent burial, they had nothing but their clothes on their backs. All ages. I will email you more on this.
I think their should be more publicity on the Trail of Tears. It hasn't been talked about enough. I am sure some of my relatives walked on the Trail of Tears. I come from the Vann family. There is a Vann Museum in North Carolina. I am just now wanting to know more and more. We will be doing a Trail of Tears Tour next year. I have to put one together in June for the Pochanatus Womens Club. I am joining that to next month. I want to get the Tour together and start getting the word out. We will do a big one next year and invite all the Cherokee Nation dignataries to go with us.

Send me more info on your person who wrote the email. I would like to send letters out to whoever I need to.

kenwoodallpromos
03-29-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm Sorry- I should have said "roll of film". It is a listing on 54 pages of names of many Cherokees of the time, most written in the Chrokee language. A list of names on paper presented as a petition.
Anyone may contact me about the Chrokee past- I found mine after much searching.

I believe the probate lawyer for the Vann family- Joseph Davis- was the family my Cherokee ancestor was "adopted" into.