PDA

View Full Version : Turf Paradise question

the Bid
03-27-2006, 11:30 AM
I've noticed that T'Par cards "maiden Opt Claimers" but I don't get it. I understand the concept of OptCl in general but these seem to have no incentive to run for the tag, other than to sell your horse. If you hve a nice maiden, other than to run against horses valued at a lower price, why would you run here, not a MSW?

traynor
03-27-2006, 01:27 PM
This is TuP, not Santa Anita. In this part of the country, stables often survive by means of purses. It is a business, balancing the entry fees, probable purse return, and the possibilituy of claims. It is also a fairly tightly knit trainer community; snatch someone's claimer who is being entered in a race to pay the bills, and you receive reciprocal treatment from the other trainers.
Good Luck

kenwoodallpromos
03-27-2006, 05:37 PM
This is TuP, not Santa Anita. In this part of the country, stables often survive by means of purses. It is a business, balancing the entry fees, probable purse return, and the possibilituy of claims. It is also a fairly tightly knit trainer community; snatch someone's claimer who is being entered in a race to pay the bills, and you receive reciprocal treatment from the other trainers.
Good Luck

the Bid
03-27-2006, 07:13 PM

Most OptCl make sense in that a horse who's out of a condition, say NW2x can run back at that level by running for a tag. What I am always unsure of is running a horse who's eligible for the condition for the TAG. I assume that he's openly for sale.