PDA

View Full Version : huskies vs huskies

46zilzal
03-24-2006, 10:57 PM
The Washington variety is taking it to the U. Conn variety

rastajenk
03-25-2006, 04:39 AM
But the Apple State's b-ball fans take a groin kick again for the second night in a row. Brutal! :faint:

Bubbles
03-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Phew! I think people with UConn winning it all have no nails left after the first three rounds.

kingfin66
03-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Apparently, the refs need a little bit of work on making goaltending calls. There was a blatant one at the end of the game. There was also another one earlier in the game. That aside, Washington gave the game away by making a couple of stupid plays. That's all it takes against a team like UConn.

Valuist
03-26-2006, 12:34 PM
UConn hasn't looked good in any of the tournament games and really in their last 6. The public is convinced this team can do nothing wrong and they keep betting them and losing. Thats 6 straight ATS losses.

toetoe
03-26-2006, 12:43 PM
Valuist,

Who HAVE looked good? Almost all have looked pitiful. Brandon Roy was a revelation to me, but so many others are majoring in bricklaying. That can't all be from defense. If so, it's only going to get more and more boring. Three yards and a cloud of dust have arrived in collegiate basket-bore. I'll root for Thirteenth Grade, as Don and Mike have dubbed George Mason U., as they can shoot a tiny bit, it seems.

46zilzal
03-26-2006, 01:19 PM
correct me if I'm wrong, but as the competition gets more intense, don't teams look a bit different? the really good ones often have to change their style when up against better defenses and better offenses.

46zilzal
03-26-2006, 05:10 PM
bye bye Huskies

cj
03-27-2006, 01:46 AM
correct me if I'm wrong, but as the competition gets more intense, don't teams look a bit different? the really good ones often have to change their style when up against better defenses and better offenses.

Sounds a lot like horse racing. :)

Suff
03-27-2006, 04:18 AM
props to George Mason.

( bad Baadddddd....bad traveling call on BC in the home paint )

(crying). Still. For Tv or else they win by 6,

Valuist
03-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Seeing George Mason take down UConn was better than the U.S. beating Russia in hockey. I loathe that UConn team.

46zilzal
03-27-2006, 11:26 AM
good but NOT THAT good

Valuist
03-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Yes, that good. UConn is a bunch of talented but arrogant players who clearly have no respect for their opponents. They feel they can sleep walk thru games, then flip a switch, and presto, an easy win. That may work against Albany but against higher quality opposition it won't work. They were extremely fortunate to get past Washington. It finally caught up with them. Good riddance.

Figman
03-27-2006, 12:11 PM
I see that assistant coach on George Mason is none other than Scott Cherry who was one of Dean Smith's favorites when Cherry was at North Carolina.

46zilzal
03-27-2006, 12:12 PM
nothing beats this. Bought this from Sports Illustrated and it hangs right by the front door to savour EVERYDAY.

Valuist
03-27-2006, 12:54 PM
I remember how big it seemed. But is it possible that the upset back in 1980 wasn't as big as we thought at the time? After all, we've seen the U.S. Dream Team basketball team get beaten, we've seen the US baseball team lose to Korea. My thinking is this: when you take professionals, guys who are getting paid considerable sums of money, the incentive and effort just isn't there when they are playing in games away from their professional league. Why would the Russians think any differently than our athletes?

46zilzal
03-27-2006, 12:58 PM
in retrospect that makes sense

kingfin66
03-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Yes, that good. UConn is a bunch of talented but arrogant players who clearly have no respect for their opponents. They feel they can sleep walk thru games, then flip a switch, and presto, an easy win. That may work against Albany but against higher quality opposition it won't work. They were extremely fortunate to get past Washington. It finally caught up with them. Good riddance.

Doesn't seem as though college teams take on the personality of their coaches? This doesn't say much for UConn. Their coach is just miserable. It was sweet seeing them go down to George Mason, a team that has also taken on the personality of their coach but in a very refreshing way. It would have been sweeter had the Washington Huskies beaten UConn, but I am going to have to root for G.Mason.

Go George Mason!

doophus
03-27-2006, 06:40 PM
G-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O TIGERS!!!!!!! :jump: :jump:

LSU vs FLORIDA (FINALS)

LSU is ofer two against Florida this year. :bang: :ThmbDown:

46zilzal
03-28-2006, 12:55 AM
Was reading about John Wooden who, as a coach, only had a single losing season in al the years he coached and that was at Dayton, but we almost missed seeing him

USA enters WW II. ‘Coach’ Wooden becomes Lieutenant (Senior Grade) Wooden, U.S. Navy. Ruptured appendix keeps him from his first assignment on board ship. Soon thereafter, his replacement is killed during a kamikaze attack in the Pacific.

toetoe
03-28-2006, 01:08 AM
Love the Wooden Wonder, but I must remind you that Pete Newell at UCB thrashed him regularly before retiring and turning over the program to the glorified ballboy, Rene Herrerias, in a not-so-affirmative action. Alas, my poor Bears.