PDA

View Full Version : BC Villanova

46zilzal
03-24-2006, 09:26 PM
A good one that is going to overtime

mainardi
03-24-2006, 09:59 PM
A good one that is going to overtime
I'm not a real fan of NCAA hoops... not that I don't like it, it's just that I prefer not to get sucked in by the 1 million games on TV.

That said, the refs jobbed BC in the worst way at the end of the game. If Skinner had a gun, he'd be going to jail for involuntary manslaughter (sorry to be so morbid, but I want to make my point).

With just under a minute to go, a BC player drives for a layup, gets hacked... NO CALL!!!

Next time down the court, a BC block followed by a Nova player pulling the BC guy to the ground... TRAVELING???

First play of overtime, BC guy frives to hoop, seemingly gets pushed into the basket stanchion... NO CALL!!!

They should have never been in the position to lose the game -- I believe they shot 8-of-17 from the line, and not covering the guy breaking to the hoop on the last inbounds play was inexcusable -- but that's no excuse for the bad calls they got.

Okay, that's my NCAA rant for the year... back in to my hole. :cool:

46zilzal
03-24-2006, 10:55 PM
I agree

the_fat_man
03-25-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm not a real fan of NCAA hoops... not that I don't like it, it's just that I prefer not to get sucked in by the 1 million games on TV.

That said, the refs jobbed BC in the worst way at the end of the game. If Skinner had a gun, he'd be going to jail for involuntary manslaughter (sorry to be so morbid, but I want to make my point).

With just under a minute to go, a BC player drives for a layup, gets hacked... NO CALL!!!

Next time down the court, a BC block followed by a Nova player pulling the BC guy to the ground... TRAVELING???

First play of overtime, BC guy frives to hoop, seemingly gets pushed into the basket stanchion... NO CALL!!!

They should have never been in the position to lose the game -- I believe they shot 8-of-17 from the line, and not covering the guy breaking to the hoop on the last inbounds play was inexcusable -- but that's no excuse for the bad calls they got.

Okay, that's my NCAA rant for the year... back in to my hole. :cool:

I agree

But it can even get worse: witness the Connecticut, Washington game.

Haven't seen such biased refereeing since the old days at the Boston Garden --7th game, Celtics are unbeatable.

And Jim Calhoun actually had a beef with the refs throughout the game (hi s team shot 21 freethrows at the half, 47 for the game)

Incredible