PDA

View Full Version : Goodwill store destroyed, 4 car pileup in the parking lot

chickenhead
03-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Just wanted to share an incident I was nearly involved in yesterday, craziest thing I've seen in awhile.

I stop in a Goodwill on my way to school to rummage through their books. Look around for a few minutes, find only one worth buying.....all of a sudden the wall about 10 feet away from me is crushed in, building shakes, all the windows shatter....and there is an ass end of a Honda Civic poking through the wall about 5 ft away...some women has not only backed into the building but did so at full speed carrying here all the way through the wall.

Her car was white, and so is my truck which was parked roughly in line with where this big flash of white came in came in, and I thought "Shit did my Ebrake pop-off or something? Is that my truck?" But I only just had time to register that thought, and notice that no it is not my truck......before the lady throws it in drive and careens back at full speed straight ahead, out of the building and into the parking lot, mashes into the minivan parked RIGHT NEXT TO MY TRUCK!! and pushes the minivan across the parking lot battering ram style into two SUVs that are parked at the far end of the lot. The car now finally disabled, the old lady jumps out, screaming, and falls on the ground amid the wreckage.(she was fine, just scared)

It was the craziest damn thing, everyone there was totally spooked and kind of walked around in silence for a bit...this is a parking lot for chrissakes, and there are 4 cars totalled as well as the whole side of the building caved in all in the space of about 5 seconds. My truck missed it all by about 4 inches! God I would have been pissed. I was amazed that Honda had the juice to do all of that, it was quite an impressive string of carnage.

Either the womans throttle got stuck or she mistook the accelerator for her brake (I know this happens sometimes to people always to really bad results).

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Whats the craziest accident you've ever seen?

GaryG
03-24-2006, 11:25 AM
I'll bet the driver was at least 80 and should not be on the road. I have seen that a couple of times, once killed 3 people on the sidewalk. Glad you weren't hurt, keep on rockin in the free world.

chickenhead
03-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah she was pretty old...its sad, there is nothing I hate seeing more than an elderly person confused and scared and unable to deal with things...especially when they are in control of a couple thousand pound wrecking machine. I hope she is not drving anymore after this.

kenwoodallpromos
03-24-2006, 12:59 PM
At least the lady had good reaction time!LOL!!

GameTheory
03-24-2006, 01:09 PM
About a dozen years ago I used to go to Santa Anita most days. I got sick of paying the parking fee day after day so like many people I started parking in the mall lot (Fashion Park?) next door and walking in. One day I came out at the end of the races and the car parked just next to me, maybe 3 feet away at most had apparently EXPLODED and had been engulfed in flames at some point during the day. The windows were blown out, everything was burnt to a crisp interior and exterior, and there was a big black circle of ash and soot on the pavement surrounding the car. The circle got within about 2 inches of my car, which was completely undamaged. There was no one around, just this exploded wreck of a car in a typical row of parked cars at the mall. So I got in my car and drove home. Very strange.

GaryG
03-24-2006, 01:20 PM
I used to do that too! There were always a cluster of cars at the far end of the lot near where you had to walk around the fence. I jumped the fence when I felt like it but didn't feel like it too often.