PDA

View Full Version : SELECTIONS FOR FRIDAY, TRYING SOMETHING NEW BABY!! (PA YOU MIGHT WANT TO TAKE A LOOK)

2000_ls1
03-24-2006, 01:57 AM
Well, I put the selections in Excel and do not know how to change them over to where I can copy/paste them here. If anyone knows let me know and I will post them up. Otherwise, post or pm your email addy and I will send them to you in Microsoft Excel format. I am not going to sit here and type them all out, but just so you know, I have selections for;

AQUEDUCT
CHARLESTOWN
EVANGELINE
GOLDEN GATE
HAWTHORNE
LAUREL
MOUNTAINEER
OAKLAWN
PENN
SANTA ANITA
SUNLAND
TAMPA
TURF PARADISE
TURFWAY

EVERY RACE NOW, NOT JUST 4/5, ALL IN ONE FILE APROX 44.0 KB. I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS EXCEL SHEET FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND I FINALLY HAVE IT WHERE I WANT IT FOR NOW. SO FROM NOW ON SELECTIONS WILL COME THIS WAY UNTIL I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO PUT THEM HERE.

I HAVE CHANGED THE SYSTEM SOME, IN THE LAST 3/4 DAYS I HAVE BEEN WATCHING IT AND THE RESULTS ARE PROMISING, I HAVEN'T POSTED ANYTHING UP ON THIS SYSTEM DUE TO THIS, NOT BEING ABLE TO COPY/PASTE.

THE NEW SYSTEM SELECTS EXOTICS (EXA, TRI) AS WELL AS SINGLE BETS. UP TO YOU. POST UP AN EMAIL ADDY OR A WAY TO POST IT UP AND I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO DO SO.

ALSO, IF THERE IS ANOTHER TRACK YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THAT I DO NOT COVER, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL LOOK AT COVERING IT. FOR THE MOST PART I THINK I COVER THE MOST POPULAR ONES.

PA, IF THIS IS A PROBLEM LET ME KNOW AND I WILL STOP BUT FOR NOW I WILL JUST POST THE TRACKS I HAVE SELECTIONS ON, THEN EMAIL THE SELECTIONS OUT. AT THE END OF THE DAY I WILL EMAIL AGAIN IF NEEDED WITH RESULTS FOR THE DAY.

SO POST UP YOUR EMAIL OR PM IT TO ME, AND I'LL GET THM TO YOU ASAP. I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED ON THE PROFITS AS WELL.

2000_ls1
03-24-2006, 02:05 AM
TRACK/RACE#SELECTIONSRESULTS OF SELECTIONSPD WINPD PLACEPD SHOWPD EXACTAPD TRIFECTATOTALAQUEDUCTSELECTIONSRESULTS OF SELECTIONS$0.00$0.00$0.00$0.00$0.00$0.0017/6/5 $0.0021/4/3/2 $0.0035/3/4 $0.0043/6/4 $0.0051/7/2/5 $0.0064/7/2/1 $0.0071/2/5/3 $0.0087/2/5/4 $0.0098/5/9/10 $0.0010NO BETNO BETNO BETNO BETNO BET $0.0011NO BETNO BETNO BETNO BETNO BET $0.0012NO BETNO BETNO BETNO BETNO BET $0.00

2000_ls1
03-24-2006, 03:07 AM
Awe, come on now, 11 views with no email addy's??? Wassup with this?

Don't be scared, lol, I will send them out asap. Beware though, I will not be able to after 8 am or so tomorrow morning or sooner maybe, just depends on when I get called to work...might want to hurry.

PA I am sending you a copy now to your email.

2000_ls1
03-24-2006, 03:17 AM
Alright, I'm gone to bed. I'll check it again in the morning. While on the road I will only be able to do selections the old way for now but hey it's free, what can you say?

Good night, and goodluck.

pjd888
03-24-2006, 10:21 AM
I think you should take 2 weeks off and then quit, please :(

2000_ls1
03-24-2006, 11:12 AM
E-mails have been sent for those who pm'd me. I will be leaving in a couple of hours more than likely, so if you want them let me know.

2000_ls1
03-24-2006, 11:16 AM
I think you should take 2 weeks off and then quit, please :(

Please explain. Quit posting picks, or quit working?

If you're talking about posting picks, normally my picks threads have between 150-200 views, so someone must want to see them. I have already sent out about 20 emails or so as well. Plus you were looking as well.

If you're talking about work, I wish I could but I am nowhere near retirement, and I have a wife to support, a sickly one at that. im my humble opinion, family comes first.

2000_ls1
03-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Alright guys, so far today...

$218.80 from 3 exactas hit of 6.
$144 wagered on them
$74.80 profit after 6 races!!!

Pace can verify, he has the email along with several others.

Races hit inlcude,

LRL R1&2
AQU R1

You are missing out if you don't this sheet!!!!

Pm me your email addy for it!!!!

Koko
03-24-2006, 02:47 PM
I'd be a little more curious how you've done over the 2,000 or so races you've posted than to know how you've done after 6 races today. Maybe it's just me but a 6 race workout just won't convince me how good or bad you might possibly be at handicapping.

PaceAdvantage
03-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Does anyone remember 2000_LS1's first post on this board? I do....it started off something like this:

I am 23 years old and my wife convinced me to go to the track on Saturday, Febuary 25th, 2006. We hit a Tri-fecta, ? spelling, for a little over $200 and I guess I am hooked now. What I would like to know is where I can get some of the info, how to read and understand it, what you guys would do from the start if you were starting this now?

That was one month ago tomorrow....

All I gots to say is ...... WOW! :eek:

Ultimate Selector!
03-25-2006, 01:12 AM
It's nice to see LS 200 really study and try different things. I can
see he's become a real student of the game! It reminds me of me in my beginning and I think we can all relate to that. Stay excited and keep on workin on your perfection of the game. One day soon you will reap the benefits and rewards and most of all PROFITS! from all the hard work.
Giddy up & Git-er-dun! Way to go LS!...

Professionally,
Ultimate Selector! :cool:

PaceAdvantage
03-25-2006, 01:19 AM
It's nice to see LS 200 really study and try different things.

I think it's irresponsible of him to try and lure folks into betting his picks....being he's a newbie and all...and his record is unknown....

Ultimate Selector!
03-25-2006, 04:44 AM
What I am thinking here is that It's fun to see him be bold and try to play a sport in which is very difficult with so many variables. Anyone of us experienced in this knows this. On the other hand I think it's fun to see someone learn the hard way. I mean hes trying things and hes getting a real education in this. I can respect that he probably needs to be a little more subdued on his picks but... We should not discourage him as much as we should hold him accountable to what he posts and make him report all of his picks and what they do. This will simply speak for itself. I believe we can all see that he is a greenbean in this game! It does not come to anyone that easy. (picking winners that is) But at least he is trying and he will soon learn and possibly re-think his strategy of posting so many irresponsible public picks. If he does'nt then no one will pay any attention to them anyway. It will be a self solving problem all on it's own. I for one think it's kinda neat to see some one try and learn than to not try at all. I encourage it. I don't want to discourage it! Unless this site is for professionals only. The good thing is he admits being new at this. If he did'nt and tried to put one over on us then that's a different story... As long as he does'nt act like a "service" of picks that he wants to charge for! Then it's just a funny joke at which I laugh.
Just a thought here of mine...

Respectfully,
Ultimate Selector!

the_fat_man
03-25-2006, 02:17 PM
What I am thinking here is that It's fun to see him be bold and try to play a sport in which is very difficult with so many variables. Anyone of us experienced in this knows this. On the other hand I think it's fun to see someone learn the hard way. I mean hes trying things and hes getting a real education in this. I can respect that he probably needs to be a little more subdued on his picks but... We should not discourage him as much as we should hold him accountable to what he posts and make him report all of his picks and what they do. This will simply speak for itself. I believe we can all see that he is a greenbean in this game! It does not come to anyone that easy. (picking winners that is) But at least he is trying and he will soon learn and possibly re-think his strategy of posting so many irresponsible public picks. If he does'nt then no one will pay any attention to them anyway. It will be a self solving problem all on it's own. I for one think it's kinda neat to see some one try and learn than to not try at all. I encourage it. I don't want to discourage it! Unless this site is for professionals only. The good thing is he admits being new at this. If he did'nt and tried to put one over on us then that's a different story... As long as he does'nt act like a "service" of picks that he wants to charge for! Then it's just a funny joke at which I laugh.
Just a thought here of mine...

Respectfully,
Ultimate Selector!

There is a clear distinction between the OLYMPICS and the SPECIAL OLYMPICS.

If the dude has a month's worth of experience in the game and he's posting picks and trying to get people to follow his pics then he probably doesn't understand that distinction.

Let me put it another way:

considering/using his picks would be akin to expecting a SPECIAL OLYMPIAN to beat an OLYMPIAN.

P.S.

On the job training is fine but most companies expect their trainees to have some basic job skills.

Ultimate Selector!
03-25-2006, 02:26 PM
There is a clear distinction between the OLYMPICS and the SPECIAL OLYMPICS.

If the dude has a month's worth of experience in the game and he's posting picks and trying to get people to follow his pics then he probably doesn't understand that distinction.

Let me put it another way:

considering/using his picks would be akin to expecting a SPECIAL OLYMPIAN to beat an OLYMPIAN.

P.S.

On the job training is fine but most companies expect their trainees to have some basic job skills.

Point duly noted and well taken. He may be going a bit overboard
at trying to be someone hes not. He is not ready for the big boys by any stretch. I would not play any of his selections! But like I said it will soon become a self solving problem. At least it generates good topic conversation like this! Otherwise what else could we debate amongst ourselves?
It's all good intentions and spirit...

-Ultimate Selector! :cool:

2000_ls1
03-25-2006, 06:59 PM
One thing that I find funny...look at the v-cash at everyone who posted...not bashing, just pointing that out.

Koko
03-25-2006, 07:46 PM
2000 ls1,

This post is only meant to give you a frame of reference and inform you, not to demean you in any way. This forum is made up of a fairly sophisticated group of handicappers. This is a very tough game in which to profit. It's hard for most to win money selecting two horses a day per track, much less seven or eight. Of free selections in the world, there is an abundance, of free selections that one would be prudent betting money on, there is a serious dearth.

Therefore, free selections here, until the selector produces a sig. winning ROI after a good sample of picks, would be generally used as a placemat to catch the grease off one's burrito. So, naturally there is a presumption that for anyone putting up free selections, they're likely not going to be so profitable, particularly when you have a selection in nearly every race.

The liklihood is that until you've show a results summary, not too many here are going to bother paying any attention to your selections nor anyone else's for that matter.

Traynor does a very nice job of listing and then summarizing what we all want to know when considering actually using someone's selections. You might look at his format for providing the information.

I have no interest in you posting or not posting your selections, I'm merely presuming that you'd like to have people at least take the time to consider them since you're taking the time to handicap and post them. Therefore, towards that end I'm suggesting to you that to generate the most interest in your selections, provide daily information on which picks hit, what they paid and then a summary of how you've done.

2000_ls1
03-26-2006, 10:10 AM
2000 ls1,

This post is only meant to give you a frame of reference and inform you, not to demean you in any way. This forum is made up of a fairly sophisticated group of handicappers. This is a very tough game in which to profit. It's hard for most to win money selecting two horses a day per track, much less seven or eight. Of free selections in the world, there is an abundance, of free selections that one would be prudent betting money on, there is a serious dearth.

Therefore, free selections here, until the selector produces a sig. winning ROI after a good sample of picks, would be generally used as a placemat to catch the grease off one's burrito. So, naturally there is a presumption that for anyone putting up free selections, they're likely not going to be so profitable, particularly when you have a selection in nearly every race.

The liklihood is that until you've show a results summary, not too many here are going to bother paying any attention to your selections nor anyone else's for that matter.

Traynor does a very nice job of listing and then summarizing what we all want to know when considering actually using someone's selections. You might look at his format for providing the information.

I have no interest in you posting or not posting your selections, I'm merely presuming that you'd like to have people at least take the time to consider them since you're taking the time to handicap and post them. Therefore, towards that end I'm suggesting to you that to generate the most interest in your selections, provide daily information on which picks hit, what they paid and then a summary of how you've done.

KOKO, thanks for you being honest, and orderly unlike some of the others. I will reduce the # of tracks and post results. Maybe this way I can get everyone off of my back for a day or two until they find something else to gripe about.

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Nobody's on your back...you can put away the violin....

It's a public message board...expect public comments....

2000_ls1
03-26-2006, 01:12 PM
No violin is out, just an electric guitar...rockin away!!!!

:bang: