PDA

View Full Version : HOOOOOOOORAY Bruins

46zilzal
03-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Back from the dead!!! UCLA pulls it out of their BUTT

Bubbles
03-24-2006, 08:47 AM
Once again, the old adage proves true: One player cannot win a national championship.

Valuist
03-24-2006, 09:29 AM
A cover by the Bruins would've been nice.....that's twice in a row :mad:

Don't ever let anyone tell you, "you win, you cover". Maybe in the NFL but not in other sports.

That said, I was impressed by the way UCLA didn't give up. Offensively, they were terrible and they weren't very good defensively in the 1st half, either. Kind of like a pitcher who manages to get a win w/out his best stuff. I think the matchup w/Memphis will be very interesting. Two teams with athleticism who really go after it defensively.

Hosshead
03-24-2006, 10:27 AM
A great victory (with a storybook ending) for the Bruins. I may be wrong, but I think if they play like that again, Memphis will kill em'. Memphis has already played UCLA and Gonzaga earlier this year.

Buddha
03-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Yea, what a game. I only got to see the final 8 minutes or so, but it was great. Same with the end of the WVU Texas game. Must say that 3 of the 4 games last night were very entertaining to watch, and I can't say I am upset with the results. I had Duke winning, but losing to Texas next round in the brackets, so that isn't a huge loss for me. I think that if I can get Georgetown to win tonight against Florida, I just about have the bracket win sealed

Valuist
03-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Gtown beating Florida is a big IF. I admit I underestimated the SEC a bit. Brent Crow, one of the best handicappers around and who follows the SEC very closely, had said before the tourney that the SEC was down. All I know is that quite a few conferences are down (ACC, Big 10 among others).

46zilzal
03-24-2006, 12:07 PM
A cover by the Bruins would've been nice.....that's twice in a row :mad:

Don't ever let anyone tell you, "you win, you cover". Maybe in the NFL but not in other sports.

Why ANYONE would bet college basketball is beyond me

Valuist
03-24-2006, 01:16 PM
I rarely bet it. Usually only during the tournament. I find that I can't bet sports, other than the NFL, at the same time I'm betting horse racing. Just not enough time to comprehensively handicap both.

46zilzal
03-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Once again, the old adage proves true: One player cannot win a national championship.
I remember when we played Pistol Pete. He got CLOSE to his average but we beat them by about 30 points

shots
03-24-2006, 05:16 PM
I guess I'll go to Reno and bet their next game.