PDA

View Full Version : Harness selections?

traynor
03-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Would anyone be interested in free harness selections posted here (actually in the Selections section)? I have been posting greyhound selections regularly, and I have promised to start posting thoroughbred and harness selections next week. I am trying to decide if there is enough interest in harness racing on this forum to make that worthwhile, or if I should use another forum or website.

In essence, I am asking for a head count of anyone who would be interested in harness selections on this forum. We are professional bettors. As such, we don't really distinguish between the various types of pari-mutuel races as closely as hobbyist or racing fans might. From our perspective, if wagering is profitable, it doesn't really matter what type of race it is. If it is not profitable, we have little or no interest in it as "sport" or "hobby."

The harness data models we have developed are generally identical to the thoroughbred models, and much the same as the greyhound models. All produce 20+% net profit on flat win bets over time, with a decent win percentage. All are based on the same enterprise resource planning (ERP) and decision support system (DSS) core components as sophisticated business analysis and data modeling application--some with pricetags in the six-and seven-figure (and occasionally eight-figure) range.
Good Luck

ginsu
03-25-2006, 12:41 PM
I would be interested in the picks. Can't say I have much harness experience but I know my father used to loved the sulkies when he was a player.

pilot
03-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Traynor, I would be interested in your harness picks. Thanks

Wayne

mltanz
03-26-2006, 09:46 AM
You can add me to the list. Would love to see some selections for the Meadowlands. It is a tough track to handicap especially on the weekends.
Best horses and drivers. Alot depends on pace and positioning.

Thanks,

Mark

traynor
03-26-2006, 08:51 PM
mltanz wrote: <Would love to see some selections for the Meadowlands. It is a tough track to handicap especially on the weekends.>

The hardest part is getting away from the automatic prejudice about post position. If you ignore that completely, you might find it makes more sense. The only problems I have with Meadowlands are variations in track surface. Variants seem to be a LOT more important there than at smaller ovals.
Good Luck

mltanz
03-27-2006, 04:41 AM
I put a lot less emphasis on post position on a mile track, but it is imperitive
that the horse get into a good position early on in the race.

Variants and wind speed and direction play a big part in Meadowlands handicapping.

toetoe
03-27-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm also a Big *M* lover, and I also would love to have picks available here. :ThmbUp: :jump:

P.S. Sacramento is another favorite.

monkeytaco
03-27-2006, 02:08 PM
I too would like to see picks, especially at Northfield and Meadowlands. thanks, taco

Clemenza
03-28-2006, 06:17 AM
I too would like to see your Harness Picks posted for some of the larger tracks - Meadowlands, Woodbine/Mohawwk etc.

shanta
03-28-2006, 09:38 AM
I too would like to see your Harness Picks posted for some of the larger tracks - Meadowlands, Woodbine/Mohawwk etc.

Clemenza,
"Leave the gun. Take the Canolis"

Richie

BIG RED
03-28-2006, 11:14 AM
I to may be interested to follow. My dad plays harness more often than Tbreds and maybe can come up with some decent priced selections.

Have a question. Do you know of a site that has harness results, like the DRF site, for harness? I noticed bris has some tracks but couldn't find results. Tried HRTA too, but maybe its me, they don't give the payoffs??

Would like to dabble and track harness for awhile, but need good results.

JimG
03-28-2006, 11:23 AM
I Do you know of a site that has harness results, like the DRF site, for harness?

Here you go Big Red,

http://www.ustrotting.com/

toetoe
03-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Red,

The U.S. Trotting Association Website has it all, just about. Also, Meadowlands and Sacramento(CalX) have their own free live and archived video, analysis and picks, entries, results, etc. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

headhawg
03-28-2006, 11:48 AM
BR,

Strangely, though, the US results don't include exotic prices, but the Standardbred CA site does.

HH

pilot
03-29-2006, 03:16 AM
Big Red, www.racingchannel.com has harness results.

Wayne

BIG RED
03-31-2006, 08:34 AM
Thank you all for your help!