PDA

View Full Version : TSN Speed Adjustment Calculator

punteray
03-23-2006, 02:01 PM
In addition to my "Dutching Calculator", and a shareware "Exotic Wagering Calculator", I now have a put on my web site the following : a TSN Speed Adjustment calculator I just made. These, of course, are ALL FREE downloads.

download at : angelfire.com/droid/punteray

Enjoy

Ray

azmike
03-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks for your generosity.

punteray
03-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Thanks for your generosity.

Your more than welcome

Ray

andicap
03-24-2006, 11:22 AM
wow -- I can't believe no one has flamed you yet or accused you of having some ulterior motive or questioned your manhood/patriotism/eating habits.

Why would someone do something for nothing? It's un-American. It's un-heard of. You MUST have something up your sleeve. --

;)

hurrikane
03-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Thanks for calling him on it andi.

punteray
03-28-2006, 12:01 PM
wow -- I can't believe no one has flamed you yet or accused you of having some ulterior motive or questioned your manhood/patriotism/eating habits.

Why would someone do something for nothing? It's un-American. It's un-heard of. You MUST have something up your sleeve. --

;)

I am exposed!!! I do have an ulterior motive!!!!!

The medical community says one way to stem off Alzheimers or other mind debilitating conditions is to exercise the mind. Well, by writing these small programs I really have to exercise my brain because I am not the worlds smartest programmer. I am 75 and need all the help I can muster so I write these small programs. Thus, they have a tremendous VALUE to me if they indeed do stem off mind debilitating conditions. If they have a VALUE to you, so be it and I will continue to write them and give them away.

Ray Scalise

kingfin66
03-28-2006, 02:08 PM
Ray,

You go against the stereotype of your age group. The one that says that older folks and technology don't mix well. I actually believe that this is mostly a reality. One thing that I love about horseplayers is that they buck this type of trend. When I went to my first seminar in Vegas I marveled at all the horseplayers with their laptops who used some pretty sophisticated software to find horses to bet.

In no way do I intend this post to be insulting or any type of back handed compliment. I salute you in your efforts to keep your mind sharp and I thank you for sharing the fruits of your effort with everybody. I am 40 years old and would like to learn how to do some programming but have no idea where to begin. I am conidering finding a course or two in Visual Basic as that sounds like, from the research I have done, to be an excellent programming language for horse racing applications.

Have a great day!

kf66

punteray
03-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Ray,

You go against the stereotype of your age group. The one that says that older folks and technology don't mix well. I actually believe that this is mostly a reality. One thing that I love about horseplayers is that they buck this type of trend. When I went to my first seminar in Vegas I marveled at all the horseplayers with their laptops who used some pretty sophisticated software to find horses to bet.

In no way do I intend this post to be insulting or any type of back handed compliment. I salute you in your efforts to keep your mind sharp and I thank you for sharing the fruits of your effort with everybody. I am 40 years old and would like to learn how to do some programming but have no idea where to begin. I am conidering finding a course or two in Visual Basic as that sounds like, from the research I have done, to be an excellent programming language for horse racing applications.

Have a great day!

kf66

There are several available that you can use to learn (that is what I did). They are Visual Basic 5 from the ground up by Gary Cornell, Visual Basic 5 by peter Wright.

Ray

toetoe
03-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks to Ray from all but the neurologists he is putting out of business. Poor doctors. :ThmbUp: :jump:

Lou G
03-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Ray,

I am 40 years old and would like to learn how to do some programming but have no idea where to begin. I am conidering finding a course or two in Visual Basic as that sounds like, from the research I have done, to be an excellent programming language for horse racing applications.

Have a great day!

kf66

Try Python instead of Visual Basic - it's free (yes, free) and the learning curve is nowhere near as steep. www.python.org...

Best,
Lou

Sabe
11-28-2006, 06:57 PM
punterray,
How can I get a copy of your "TSN Speed Adjustment Calculator"? The web address: "angelfire.com/droid/punteray" doesn’t seem to be active. My computer recently crashed and I lost it. Unfortunately, I don't have a back-up.
Thanks, Sabe
sabetodo@lycos.com

Bruddah
11-28-2006, 09:35 PM
I went to the suggested web site and couldn't follow any links to download his new program. Am I the only one? I have his exotic calculator and look forward to his new program.

Lefty
11-29-2006, 01:25 AM
I have the site in my favorites. Went there and no punteray. Searched the site andgot no results.

punteray
11-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Site was taken down!!!

email me at : punteray@yahoo.com and let me know what you want.

Ray

SPEED I know! HORSES I'm not so sure

Murph
11-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Site was taken down!!!

email me at : punteray@yahoo.com and let me know what you want.You may have been using more bandwidth than angelfire feels you deserve, Ray. Thanks for sharing your nicely written programs.

Murph

punteray
11-29-2006, 05:39 PM
NAH! It wasn't bandwidth.....................I just pulled the plug!!!:(

Ray

SPEED I know! HORSES! I'm not so sure!

eqitec
11-29-2006, 07:58 PM
Send it in to the NTRA:
"Stave off Alzheimers'....Play the Ponies!"

Sabe
11-30-2006, 09:33 PM
punteray,
I received your program. Thank you for the quick response! Your generosity is appreciated. That's a handy little tool. I find that it's a quick way to evaluate the strength of the races that a horse has come out of.
Sabe

andicap
12-01-2006, 01:22 AM
Since this thread has been revived I just want to go on record as saying my original post was meant to be highly facetious -- got taken seriously I'm afraid, like most of my jokes.

cj
12-01-2006, 01:37 AM
You have to work on the delivery. :)

punteray
12-02-2006, 11:50 AM
I have been overpowered by email requests for one or more of my
FREE programs!! Since I only have slow, slow, slow dial-up I cannot keep up with the demand so I have decided to re-activate my web site for downloads. I have gone with a new host because the old host changed the rules and regs in that I can no longer have .exe downloads. Naturally there is a "learning curve" :eek: with the new host so bear with me. I hope to have the web page up and running by next week.

Thank you for your patience.:)

Ray Scalise

punteray
12-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Website up and running You will need Flash Player to see it

SEE NEW THREAD

Ray

SPEED I know HORSES I'm no so sure

rrbauer
12-02-2006, 10:23 PM
Try Python instead of Visual Basic - it's free (yes, free) and the learning curve is nowhere near as steep. www.python.org...

Best,
Lou

Comments:
I did some work about 8 years ago for a company in the SF bay area that was a big Python programming shop (and other open source tools as well). These folks were big Microsoft haters and their credo was,
"Why settle for the Oil when you can have the whole Snake!"

However the company (Infoseek) was ultimately bought out by Disney's IT subsidiary which made the founder/president a very rich man and sent the snakes heading for the bushes!