PDA

View Full Version : Mess at LRL Today

Jeff P
03-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Was going over today's scratches at LRL a few minutes ago and noticed:

1. The track site has 1A FAIR WEATHER listed as a scratch in R6.

2. The Bris .DRF Single File has the 1A listed as HALOS SLATE CLEAN in R6.

So I called the track's racing office and was told that the simulcast programs given out initially had the wrong post positions for that race.

If you are thinking about playing this race, the true program numbers are listed correctly on the LRL site at:
http://www.laurelpark.com/MEC.Cms.Web.UI.Corporate/Tracks/Templates/TrackHomeDarkTemplate.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRORIGINALURL=%2f&NRNODEGUID=%7bA01B79AD-261C-4C4A-B2FE-54A71853D12A%7d&NRCACHEHINT=NoModifyGuest
(just select the race number)

The program numbers listed in the Bris file(s) for this one race only are incorrect.

-jp

sjk
03-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Running for purse money only

njcurveball
03-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Does the program Laurel prints still read

"OFFICIAL TRACK PROGRAM"

What is the point of having an "official" program if they are going to cancel the betting on races where other data suppliers make mistakes?

I have seen a few mistakes in the numbers of results posted, yet I have never been paid on what is posted on the web. Only on the "official" prices.

They either needed to cancel the race BEFORE betting opened, or make sure the data suppliers offered the correct numbers in a supplement after they found the mistake.

Letting people bet, then closing the windows and declaring the race "non betting" is a black eye to the people who support Thoroughbred Racing, the bettors!

shanta
03-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Does the program Laurel prints still read

"OFFICIAL TRACK PROGRAM"

What is the point of having an "official" program if they are going to cancel the betting on races where other data suppliers make mistakes?

I have seen a few mistakes in the numbers of results posted, yet I have never been paid on what is posted on the web. Only on the "official" prices.

They either needed to cancel the race BEFORE betting opened, or make sure the data suppliers offered the correct numbers in a supplement after they found the mistake.

Letting people bet, then closing the windows and declaring the race "non betting" is a black eye to the people who support Thoroughbred Racing, the bettors!

Agree 100% NJ.

This kinda thing has happened a few times at the Meadowlands and they did exactly what you posted. Made an announcement and had Equibase provide a supplemental pp sheet for the race.

Richie