PDA

View Full Version : Getting tripped up on trip handicapping

twindouble
03-20-2006, 09:40 AM
What we need is a sky view of the races, maybe a small blimp with remote control. Those pictures would sell like hot cakes downloaded from the internet or just for view.

T.D.

takeout
03-20-2006, 01:10 PM
And big numbers on the jockeys’ backs and also on the tops of their helmets to easily tell who’s who. :ThmbUp:

twindouble
03-20-2006, 01:17 PM
And big numbers on the jockeys’ backs and also on the tops of their helmets to easily tell who’s who. :ThmbUp:

Yes, and also a micro chip in the jocks hat so the caller get the horses dam name right! :D

All has to do is look at a monitor with horses name is right there as the race is run. :)

shots
03-20-2006, 01:28 PM
I want to ride a monorail on the inside of the track to watch the races, so when the jock stiffs my horse, he can see me giving him the finger.

twindouble
03-20-2006, 01:29 PM
I want to ride a monorail on the inside of the track to watch the races, so when the jock stiffs my horse, he can see me giving him the finger.

I'll ride shot gun. :mad:

Valuist
03-21-2006, 09:49 AM
What's frustrating is when you have a betback horse and the horse is pounded down to unbettable odds. This happened yesterday in the 9th at Hawthorne; a horse named Scottie made a big move 3 wide against a strong rail bias a few weeks ago and now was facing many of the same horses plus a couple new shooters. And throughout the betting, Scottie was 2-1, which I felt was too low. Then they load into the gate and he gets hammered down to a completely unbettable 1-1. And he wins w/ridiculous ease. I suspect it wasn't all public money on him.

speedking
03-21-2006, 10:06 AM
What's frustrating is when you have a betback horse and the horse is pounded down to unbettable odds. This happened yesterday in the 9th at Hawthorne; a horse named Scottie made a big move 3 wide against a strong rail bias a few weeks ago and now was facing many of the same horses plus a couple new shooters. And throughout the betting, Scottie was 2-1, which I felt was too low. Then they load into the gate and he gets hammered down to a completely unbettable 1-1. And he wins w/ridiculous ease. I suspect it wasn't all public money on him.

Valuist,

He was a heavy fav in the doubles also. Came back $16. He got pounded, but the dropdown and trainer stats, along with his back numbers made him a stickout if he could still walk, and he did look good on the track. His trainer, Shenofsky, excels 2nd off a layoff and also going spr/rte. He had a LOT going for him.

Valuist
03-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Sorry, wrong race number. I meant the 8th. I could very easily see the big bet on the horse in the 9th, taking the big plunge. The 8th was very suspicious.