PDA

View Full Version : Who said that ?

ljb
03-20-2006, 09:24 AM
"I believe it is my patriotic duty to urge a different path to protecting America's security: To focus on al-Qaida, which is an imminent threat, and to use our resources to improve and strengthen the security and safety of our home front and our people while working with the nations of the world to contain Saddam Hussein...."
And later:
"The capture of Saddam Hussein won't matter much."

Snag
03-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Let me guess. A neocon!

DJofSD
03-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Howard Dean.

Do you have a point?

Tom
03-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Probably not, but when did whoever said it say it?

Lefty
03-20-2006, 11:40 AM
lbj, please continue the who said dat game by quoting ALL the dems who said saddam had WMD's and must be removed. Please give us all those quotes too. Thank you in advance for being fair and balanced. Don't let me down.

ljb
03-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Howard Dean.

Do you have a point?
Correcto DJ !
He had a point didn't he ?
The first statement was made prior to the invasion of Iraq and the second before the capture of Saddam.

lsbets
03-20-2006, 02:32 PM
I have another one:

The opinions of Howard Dean don't matter much.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
03-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Howard Dean - political joke.

Heeeeeyaaaaaaaa!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ljb
03-20-2006, 09:23 PM
lbj, please continue the who said dat game by quoting ALL the dems who said saddam had WMD's and must be removed. Please give us all those quotes too. Thank you in advance for being fair and balanced. Don't let me down.
Lefty,
We all know than many Americans were fooled into supporting the invasion in their patriotic ferver brought on by the lies and half truths put out by the neocons and supported by the right biased media.
Some however, were not fooled by this smoke and mirrors. I just thought it would be nice to give recognition to one who wasn't fooled.
Yee haw !!!! :D

DJofSD
03-20-2006, 10:04 PM
the right biased media.

Ya, right -- right biased media.

What you be smokin'?

toetoe
03-20-2006, 10:13 PM
Who said:

" Hold on ... before we go much further.
Give me a dime so I can call ... Murtha?" :D

mainardi
03-20-2006, 10:27 PM
"I believe it is my patriotic duty to urge a different path to protecting America's security: To focus on al-Qaida, which is an imminent threat, and to use our resources to improve and strengthen the security and safety of our home front and our people while working with the nations of the world to contain Saddam Hussein...."
And later:
"The capture of Saddam Hussein won't matter much."
Dean for President... BRILLIANT!!! Aaaaaiiiiieeeeeeeeaaaarrrrggggghhhhh!!!

The current protections from al-Qaida in this country have been more than sufficient AND they have NOT turned out to be an imminent threat. So, Dean was wrong on that observation.

Containing Saddam was the great mistake of Bush the Elder AND that Clinton fellow (hurts to even type his name). Saddam simply played the UN for the fools they are... when you have lots of cash to bribe people with, nothing is that hard to attain. Again, Dean racks up another goose-egg.

I'd much rather have Saddam out of power (a conservatively estimate is that he had at least 250,000 of his own people killed... about 10k a year) than trying to hunt down Bin Laden in the caves (lesser of the evils, when it comes to body count). Saddam had a REAL base of operations (known objectives are always better to eradicate, which HAS BEEN DONE... the insurgents are today's issue), while wiping out al-Qaida would be more costly, since they are essentially nomads that are spread out around the world. Anybody ask Dean how he was going to pay for his idea? Plus, we would need to pay off many countries in order to be able to come in and blow up stuff while going door-to-door hunting Bin Laden's boys.

And, removing a tyrannical leader from power DOES matter that much... just check with those who finally can speak their minds without fear of death from Saddam's minions. So, the scorecard shows Dean going 0-for-3 on his predictions. :D

Now, I fully expect that the spin coming back will be full of half-truths and misinformation... so, get your vitriol started and take your best shots (not at me, but at showing us how Dean was right)!!!

Let's make sure that Dean gets nominated for President :jump: ... because his own party is "smart" enough to make sure he doesn't run. There are those within his own party that have trouble dealing with him -- no doubt because he has no interest in anything even remotely moderate -- and I can only venture a guess that more than a few Dems view him as a crackpot of epic proportions.

toetoe
03-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Future pep talk from future Prexy H. Dean:

"We're gonna mop up in Iraq ... and then we're gonna take Iran ... and Syria ... and Lebanon ... and Pakistan ... and Afghanistan ... and China ....
HeeYAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGH!"

Lefty
03-20-2006, 11:46 PM
lbj, smoke and mirrors? Right based media? Why won't you truthfully aknowledge that every high ranking dem in the Clinton adm and Congress said there were WMD's and Saddam was dangerous and had to go. The truth might set you free.
Right Based media? You mean the ones that tried to foist off forged docs just before the election and who wouldn't give Swiftboat vets the time of day? A smidgeon of truth just once from you, might help your soul I said MIGHT..

Tom
03-21-2006, 12:08 AM
Future pep talk from future Prexy H. Dean:

"We're gonna mop up in Iraq ... and then we're gonna take Iran ... and Syria ... and Lebanon ... and Pakistan ... and Afghanistan ... and China ....
HeeYAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGH!" :lol:

Tom
03-21-2006, 12:10 AM
Dean is a diversion - he will be pulled out of that role closer to the election - he is just there right now to take the flack. It must be that...the dems must be getting smarter, right? They can't really be looking at this clown as a leader still, can they? Can they? :rolleyes: :faint:

mainardi
03-21-2006, 02:30 AM
Dean is a diversion - he will be pulled out of that role closer to the election - he is just there right now to take the flack. It must be that...the dems must be getting smarter, right? They can't really be looking at this clown as a leader still, can they? Can they? :rolleyes: :faint:
Aren't these the same people that are trying to defeat George W Bush... even though he can't run for office again? :D