PDA

View Full Version : Saturday tourney games

Valuist
03-18-2006, 10:24 AM
3-3 yesterday w/a very tough beat as Northern Iowa had the cover but instead of dribbling the final 3 seconds out, some a-hole from Georgetown had to get his dunk in on national TV. I hope Thompson tore him a new one for that.

UCLA -7 1/2---not a believer in the Alabama team. They hit 13 threes against a defensively challenged Marquette team. Howland's Bruins can play D with anybody. It would be interesting if UCLA matched up against Howland's old team, Pitt, down the line.

LSU -5 over Tex AM---not sold on TAM, who had the benefit of playing a tired Syracuse team in their opener. I'm not crazy about the SEC but I do think LSU and Florida are the two best teams in that conference

Wichita State +3 over Tenn---Tenn was life and death to get past Winthrop. Shockers had a nice easy win against Seton Hall. The MVC is proving it's legit; Missouri State won and covered vs Stanford last night. THey definitely should've been in. And obviously Bradley is legit. Anyone who follows the MVC knows the 3 best teams are Bradley, Wichita St and Missouri State.

Indiana/Gonzaga OVER 148--I like to look for some B10 teams to go over in non-conference play because their conference officials never call fouls and the games turn into rugby matches. Won't happen here and both teams are capable of putting points up.

toetoe
03-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Gonzavier and FUCLA will meet in the third round, and I'll have my crow poached, thank you very much. :( :blush:

46zilzal
03-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Up Shit Creek, aka as USC, used to have a cheer that went F-U-C-L-A and did the ABC technical staff have to scurry to get the volume down each time they began cheeing it on LIVE t.v. broadcasts! My dad, who used to watch all the games, told me that it got by several times.