PDA

View Full Version : Few thoughts on the Road to the Derby...

surfdog89
03-17-2006, 08:33 PM
might have read this but........... ... Pay attention to their last race or 2 races back before the Run for the Roses. Trying to have your horse run in the derby on works and gallops and next to no seasoning is near impossible. Ten of the last Derby Winners went the last furlong of their final Derby Prep in less than 13 seconds.... and 9 of the last 11 winners went the final 3 furlongs in less than 38 seconds. A few thoughts about how the horses might finish......... important factors is pace scenario,class,and speed......

kenwoodallpromos
03-17-2006, 11:11 PM
might have read this but........... ... Pay attention to their last race or 2 races back before the Run for the Roses. Trying to have your horse run in the derby on works and gallops and next to no seasoning is near impossible. Ten of the last Derby Winners went the last furlong of their final Derby Prep in less than 13 seconds.... and 9 of the last 11 winners went the final 3 furlongs in less than 38 seconds. A few thoughts about how the horses might finish......... important factors is pace scenario,class,and speed......

JustRalph
03-18-2006, 12:53 PM
I don't even pay attention until tax time............

betchatoo
03-18-2006, 01:14 PM
I don't even pay attention until tax time............

After tax time I can't afford to pay anything, even attention

kenwoodallpromos
03-18-2006, 01:44 PM
After April 15th no useable preps, not much chance of anyone ELSE getting hurt, training starts becoming the big topic. I learn more about the horses and trainers from then until the KY Derby!

JustRalph
03-18-2006, 07:29 PM
:lol: :lol: After tax time I can't afford to pay anything, even attention