PDA

View Full Version : Only one more week!!!!!!!

fouroneone
03-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Then it's back to the main track @ AQU

And this weekend we welcome our Newest NY Jock kent desormeaux

SAR + DMR are right around the corner

46zilzal
03-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Then it's back to the main track @ AQU

CRAP....will have to re-tool the head now...

toetoe
03-17-2006, 06:09 PM
The newest jock is a major headache for me tomorrow. He's riding Sweetnorthernsaint in the Gotham Stakes, and poor Trombetta thinks KD is the greatest. Unless this colt can run from behind, he may be in deep doo-doo, as KD is a terrifying proposition on a frontrunner. I don't want to start an 'overrated jockeys' thread, but guess who would be on my list?

Buddha
03-17-2006, 06:12 PM
This is the last weekend of the meet, and they go to the main on wednesday the 22nd, or they go on wednesday the 29th?

Nevermind, just saw the 29th.

Light
03-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Buddha

I got this from NYRA customer service:

The inner dirt track meet ends on Sunday, March 26th.

So I presume there are 2 weekends left to the ID track meet.

surfdog89
03-17-2006, 06:58 PM
I like Sweetnorthernsaint........Hopefully ...... K(sent your horse to early burn out)D can lay off this fast pace........I was a KD fan in his younger years..... not so much now.......... he is a loose cannon.......... I have this horse in my stable........ I won't ......... underestimate this colt......

toetoe
03-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Somebody like Coa could be dissuaded from riding Greeley's Legacy and ride this colt, and not much rating is called for. The guy on Handicapper's Edge had a possible explanation. He said that KD always takes a supershort hold on the reins. A nice speedball that can possibly run all day needs a nice long hold, even if it means a comfy 5-lengths lead. KD will never do that. He'd rather "save" horse by taking the shortest lead possible. Best closer in a turf race? Fine, the guy is money. Speedy type on dirt? Different ballgame. I'll still key him, but I'm cautiously pessimistic.