PDA

View Full Version : Email subscriptions to Online Forums

chickenhead
03-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Usually it is extremely annoying to get emails when there is activity on a forum, so I rarely turn that feature on. But I was a member of a yahoo tech forum that got very little activity, so I set it up to get the body of the posting emailed to me of whatever anyone posted...worked great until today -- you know how when you go on vacation you can set-up the auto repsonse on your email, to tell people you are away? Well some ahole turned his on last night.......so the first posting to the forum....sent him an email.....which his autoresponse responded to.....which sent him another email.....which his autoresponse again responded to......long and short I had like 8000 emails (and counting) from some guy named Bob telling me he'll be on vacation till Monday. Good on ya Bob!

I was trying to think of how else these sort of endless loops could get started...I suppose if two guys both had autorespond on, and they were both CC'd on the same email, they would enter an endless loop on each other....."I'm not here right now"..."Neither am I"...."No, I said I'm not here"..."Me neither"...for some reason stuff like that cracks me up...(unless its my email getting blown up). Get back from a month in Europe and find yourself with 878,438,932 new emails to sort through.