PDA

View Full Version : Gotham Stakes Sleeper

Stevie Belmont
03-16-2006, 02:03 PM
This is one of the better renewals of the Gotham Stakes. We all know the favorite will be Achilles of Troy, expect odds to be 9/5 or 2-1. Keyed Entry will get plenty of play as well. There is another horse in this race that will not be a favorite, in fact could off quite long. Thats Sunshine Alpine. Expect in the nieghborhood of 10-1 and 20-1. This is an interesting colt. He broke his maiden, he was stopped in the stretch and was able to regain momentum to pull away and win. Very impressed with that effort. His next race was just as impressive, coming from well off the pace and win again easily. His last was tough, because he chased a lone speed and still made a decent move. He will be stretching out for the first time in the Gotham. Not saying he will win this one, but I expect a solid effort form this colt. I think the extra distance will be no problem at all. I would put this horse in all exotics as well. Price will be sqaure. A saver win bet can't hurt either.

toetoe
03-16-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm a fan of Achilles Of Troy, but I think the speed horses won't be backing up Saturday. He'll have to go get them. As to SA, I will watch some film right now.

toetoe
03-16-2006, 03:10 PM
SA is a nice sprinter. How he'll do Saturday is a crapshoot, but he's one to follow. :ThmbUp:

Stevie Belmont
03-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Pedigree indicates there is some stamina in the bloodlines. Won't know till he tries it.