PDA

View Full Version : The New Age Boy Scout

GR1@HTR
07-23-2002, 11:45 AM
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/3717029.htm

PaceAdvantage
07-23-2002, 07:22 PM
What's this thing people have against cats???

Lefty
07-23-2002, 07:29 PM
Michael Gallagher the other night was talking about some sicko in CA who put a kitten on the barbecue grill and roasted it just for fun while he and his guests poked at it. Another woman who lived in the complex attempted a rescue but it was too late.
Next time these jerks could just as easily opt to torture a human.
The laws in this country not tough enpugh on every class of criminal;
I haven't heard anymore about this one, has anyone else?
I have a dog and 4 cats and anyone lasys a hand on them it ain't gonna be pretty.

tdthomas
07-23-2002, 08:34 PM
Lefty,
No, I had not heard about that sicko with the barbeque. There is way too much animal cruelty going on. And it is the first step to doing the same to humans. Even if it were not, I think some hard jail time should be given to these cold heartless people.

I have 4 cats at home and 4 feral cats at work that I take care of. I would probably kill someone if I saw them throw one of these cats on a grill.

Tom
07-23-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
What's this thing people have against cats???

These are weak, scared little insignificant people that know inside that they are totally worthless and a blatant waste of human life.
they are for too scared to do anything to a real person, so they torture little animal to make themselves think that they are tough.
They are sick, un-savealbe people, and I see no earthly reason not to throw them away in some jail. OR better yet, worse!~
My big tough neighbor threw a rock at my cat once....so I returned it to him <G>

ranchwest
07-23-2002, 09:03 PM
OK, so this learning disabled guy harms this cat and gets probation.

If this guy had killed a person and he had a low IQ, the courts wouldn't want him to be subjected to capital punishment.

Why are some punishments inhumane for persons with low IQs while other punishments are OK? Should it factor in?

Do you think there is any possibility that in this guy's mind the cat was attacking him and he needed to do something about it? Does that make a difference in how punishment should be handed down?

OK, that's enough heavy questions for now.

Tom
07-23-2002, 10:30 PM
If your IQ is low enough to affect your judgement, you should not be allowed out in public. You either understand things or you don't. If you don't, you don't belong loose. As far as executing the crazy, who cares? They sure don't know what is going on.
Anyone who would put a live cat into a fire is not mentally right and should be locked up on that issue alone. Pre-emptive incarceration.

smf
07-23-2002, 11:20 PM
RW,

Just an HSO on your question# 3....If someone has an evil/ sick mindset, it doesn't matter what their IQ is. I think anyone that kills a defenseless animal is sick, period.

It was a scared kitten that clawed him. I doubt there was any reason to stomp a little kitten to death b/c of scratches he rec'd.

Stuff like this seems to happen more and more. Remember the Baylor Univ baseball players 3-4 yrs ago that put a cat in a sack and beat the poor thing to death w/ a bat? Next year a couple of HS players did the same thing. I agree w/ tdthomas, this is just step one, really. These folks need to serve time.