PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Republicans Are Happier Than Democrats

ecaroff
03-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Poll: Republicans Are Happier Than Democrats
Wed Mar 15 2006 10:14:36 ET

The Pew Research Center recently updated a question about happiness that the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago has been asking since 1972.

In every asking of the question, ROLL CALL reports, Republicans have been happier than Democrats.

Republicans tend to be better off than Democrats, and that is one explanation for the happiness gap. But when the researchers controlled for household income, Republicans at all income levels were happier than Democrats at those same income levels.

As for ideology, conservative Republicans were happier than conservative Democrats, and moderate to liberal Republicans were happier than comparable Democrats.

shots
03-15-2006, 01:18 PM
As for ideology, conservative Republicans were happier than conservative Democrats, and moderate to liberal Republicans were happier than comparable Democrats.[/font][/b]

Conservative Democrats ?
Liberal Republicans ?
WTF! Whats this world coming to?

ljb
03-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Ignorance is bliss ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

lsbets
03-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Ignorance is bliss ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do seem rather cheerful most of the time.

ljb
03-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Yes, sometimes you would never guess I was liberal. :D

Tom
03-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Yes, sometimes you would never guess I was liberal. :D

Now that's funny!

DJofSD
03-16-2006, 11:24 PM
No, that's sad.

ljb
03-17-2006, 07:57 AM
Both wrong.
That's enlightment.

JustRalph
03-17-2006, 08:36 AM
I know I am happy as a clam........knowing that Bush is causing so many ulcer's on the other side of the aisle. :lol:

DJofSD
03-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Both wrong. That's enlightment.

No, that's a nightmare.

ecaroff
03-17-2006, 10:21 AM
I know I am happy as a clam........knowing that Bush is causing so many ulcer's on the other side of the aisle. :lol:

I AGREE

Everyday I try to make a liberal more miserable than he/she already is. I think on a happy scale of 1 to 10 libs sit at about 3 right now. Got to get'em down to negative figures. Let's start bombing Iran - that should move them down to 2. Hope there are no terrorists attacks here because then start moving up the scale.

rrpic6
03-17-2006, 11:26 AM
I AGREE

Everyday I try to make a liberal more miserable than he/she already is. I think on a happy scale of 1 to 10 libs sit at about 3 right now. Got to get'em down to negative figures. Let's start bombing Iran - that should move them down to 2. Hope there are no terrorists attacks here because then start moving up the scale.

So making people miserable makes you happy? Pretty sad. I'm happy to win a photo finish or to see Stacey Kieblers's long legs. I'm happy to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
I'm unhappy when I watch the news. And when reading such a negative outlook on life by some people in here.

DJofSD
03-17-2006, 12:08 PM
You want to get a liberal upset? Just enforce the existing laws.

ljb
03-17-2006, 02:54 PM
So making people miserable makes you happy? Pretty sad. I'm happy to win a photo finish or to see Stacey Kieblers's long legs. I'm happy to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
I'm unhappy when I watch the news. And when reading such a negative outlook on life by some people in here.
Yes that makes them happy, why do you think they invaded Iraq ? :D :D :D

ljb
03-17-2006, 02:57 PM
You want to get a liberal upset? Just enforce the existing laws.
Now you wouldn't be talking about the laws calling outing a cia agent treason or taking bribes illegal or illegal wiretapping would you ? Those are a few I would like enforced. How about you ?

ecaroff
03-17-2006, 03:01 PM
This ought to make them really miserable today.

Newly released document
links Saddam to al-Qaida
Indicates regime was cooperating with bin Laden group to strike U.S.

blind squirrel
03-17-2006, 06:06 PM
of course republicans are happy,they're wacked out
on oxycontin like LIMBAUGH!

ecaroff
03-17-2006, 07:24 PM
of course republicans are happy,they're wacked out
on oxycontin like LIMBAUGH!

Typical liberal - when they have no argument they attack.