PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Read from Conservative Mag Re: Bush

ljb
03-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Mag says Bush delegating most Presidential responsibilities.
http://www.insightmag.com/Media/MediaManager/delegates.htm

Lefty
03-13-2006, 09:39 PM
Dont'cha just love these reporters that keep referring to "unamed sources." Gimme a friggin break."
This just in, Unamed sources say Al Gore has been recalled to the planet of the androids where he will receive a major overhaul.

mainardi
03-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Dont'cha just love these reporters that keep referring to "unamed sources." Gimme a friggin break."
This just in, Unamed sources say Al Gore has been recalled to the planet of the androids where he will receive a major overhaul.
I'm with ya Lefty. :)

Here's an alert for the uninformed... there has always been too much going on for ANY President to "do it all"... that's why they have the Cabinet. Historically, most Republican Presidents have had no issues with people knowing this (think Nixon-Kissinger, W-Powell, and so on), while many Democratic Presidents seem to need to present the illusion that they run everything (FDR, JFK, LBJ, Carter, Clinton, and so on). Only the foolhardy would believe that any President could keep up with the torrid pace on his own.

Maybe that's part of the reason that I gravitate towards Republicans -- okay, so I'm registered as one, I confess -- because they don't have any problem stating what people who follow politics already know. Too bad not everybody understands REAL politics. ;)

BTW, I love what Frist did today... essentially saying that the Dem nutcase from Wisconsim needs to "put up or shut up" on the Bush censure. The mainstream Dems scurried like cockroaches when the darkness is illuminated; Lieberman, H Clinton and anyone with higher political aspirations either stated that they would abstain or vote against censure... so there you have it. I believe that in poker it's referred to as "calling his bluff." :cool:

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2006, 02:06 AM
You see what I'm saying here? This off-topic board is, and always has been dominated by posters with an anti-administration, left-wing radical agenda.

How ANYONE in their right mind EVER thought off-topic political posts were run by conservative right-wing "neo-cons" who "beat down" on the poor defenseless "democrats" is out of their mind.

Minute after minute, day after day, hour after hour, it's thread after thread started by one of these four horsemen of the apocalypse.

It's so laughable that some people actually still think this place is dominated by right-wing Republican thugs.....

But why should I expect anything less than another attempt at distorting the true nature of things?

mainardi
03-14-2006, 02:33 AM
You see what I'm saying here? This off-topic board is, and always has been dominated by posters with an anti-administration, left-wing radical agenda.

How ANYONE in their right mind EVER thought off-topic political posts were run by conservative right-wing "neo-cons" who "beat down" on the poor defenseless "democrats" is out of their mind.

Minute after minute, day after day, hour after hour, it's thread after thread started by one of these four horsemen of the apocalypse.

It's so laughable that some people actually still think this place is dominated by right-wing Republican thugs.....

But why should I expect anything less than another attempt at distorting the true nature of things?
Yep, it's too bad that we end up having to spend so much time "schooling them" on what is true. :ThmbUp:

If you think the "four horsemen" are bad, you should see California politics. There are two ads now running for Dem Gubernatorial candidates... one guy's tag line is that he's the "anti-Arnold" and that's why you should vote for him... and the other guy says "no, I'm against all that Bush stands for, so you should vote for me!" It's no wonder the party (and their sheep followers) is so fragmented. :(

Also, I just read where Michigan's Dem Governor took office with a surplus, ran the state into the ground (coinciding with the big-3 auto collapse), which she helped fuel by diverting "non-auto industry growth" money back to the big-3, and is now blaming the former Republican Governor for leaving the state in a mess. My relatives who still live there say that she's the pits, and even Dems can't wait for the next election, so that they can vote her out of office. :D :mad:

betchatoo
03-14-2006, 03:01 AM

Where can I find the instructions on how to start a poll?

hcap
03-14-2006, 06:34 AM
PaceAdvantage You see what I'm saying here? This off-topic board is, and always has been dominated by posters with an anti-administration, left-wing radical agenda.A few years ago BEFORE the war, we were in the minority. The right wing agenda and gung ho support for the war was in the majority.

Now that the truth about the bushies has finally caught on things have shifted.

ecaroff
03-14-2006, 06:41 AM
hcap, Michael Moore, Barbara Streisand, Howard Dean, Reed, Dubin, Clooney............... great role models for the USA. The media has the libs believing they they are making headway when in fact - nothing has changed. The American people are patriotic, hard-working people who love their country. Most wake up feeling good and positive and reject the doom and gloom cry-baby libs.

hcap
03-14-2006, 06:56 AM
Hyberbole is your middle name ecaroff.

You dissagreed with my poll reporting, you started one on this board.
Shows most of us agree with the polls. You posted some nonsense abou a far fringe religious group protesting military families-trying to pass off the group as LIBERALS. You just posted an article from the Wash Times claiming another evidence lacking bs story about the so-called nu-cu-lar threat of Saddam.
Asking Liberals to apologize.

So far you have been wrong on all accounts. You owe us an apology

JustRalph
03-14-2006, 07:12 AM

start a new thread........at the bottom of the 1st page after choosing to start a new thread is a check box for starting a poll.

http://www.columbuscool.com/poll_info1.jpg

ljb
03-14-2006, 07:14 AM
The American people are patriotic, hard-working people who love their country. Most wake up feeling good and positive and reject the doom and gloom cry-baby libs.
Now refresh us, who was it that talked of mushroom shaped clouds and imminent threats and color coded alerts ? Was that doom and gloom or just fear they preached ?
ps. libs are also patriotic, hard-working people, maybe even more so then the self centered neocons.

Tom
03-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Now refresh us, who was it that talked of mushroom shaped clouds and imminent threats and color coded alerts ? Was that doom and gloom or just fear they preached ?
ps. libs are also patriotic, hard-working people, maybe even more so then the self centered neocons.

Mushroom shaped clouds ARE positive thinking....depending where they are!

betchatoo
03-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Thanks JR

PaceAdvantage
03-15-2006, 12:35 AM

A poll is going to reflect folks who don't post as well.....What I am saying is that the off-topic section is dominated by posters with an anti-administration agenda, and has been since the beginning. These are the folks that START the majority of threads around here....anyone with two eyes can see this....

And yet people continue to state for some unknown reason that the "neocon right-wingers" beat down the poor "democrats" on off-topic....nothing could be further from the truth....