PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Libs will appologize?

ecaroff
03-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Monday, March 13, 2006 11:55 a.m. EST

New Iraqi Documents Show Bush Didn't 'Lie'

Newly translated Iraqi documents from Saddam Hussein's regime show that President Bush was factually accurate when he told the nation in his 2003 State of the Union Address that Iraq had recently sought uranium from Africa.

Bush's 16-word statement had formed the basis for the claim adopted by administration critics that "Bush lied" about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs.

But according to the Washington Times today, an unnamed U.S. official reports that "newly translated Iraqi documents . . . tell of Saddam seeking uranium from Africa in the mid-1990s."

The documents also speak of burying prohibited missiles, a government official familiar with the declassification process told the paper.

In his January 2003 address, Bush told the nation:

"The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."

The statement prompted former ambassador to Iraq, Joseph Wilson to complain to the New York Times seven months later: "I have little choice but to conclude that some of the intelligence related to Iraq's nuclear weapons program was twisted to exaggerate the Iraqi threat."

The new documents strongly suggest, however, that Wilson was wrong - and that the "Bush lied" mantra adopted by most Democrats since Wilson first made his complaint has been based on bogus information.

Confirmation on African uranium claim offered by Iraqi documents may be just the tip of the iceberg.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Peter Hoekstra told the Washington Times that about 500 hours of Saddam audiotape is still being translated and analyzed by the U.S.

And U.S. Central Command has 48,000 boxes of Iraqi documents, of which the military has delivered just 68 pages to his committee so far. "I don't want to overstate what is in the documents," Hoekstra told the paper. "[But] I certainly want to get them out because I think people are going to find them very interesting."

Lefty
03-13-2006, 09:56 PM
ecaroff, we're still waiting. Don't look like there's a big rush(ni pun intended, heh heh) lbj, 46zilly, sec, h'cap, wHERE ARE YOU?

Tom
03-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Truth to a lib is like garlic to a vampire.

I can't wait to see the spin this one gets.......

ecaroff
03-13-2006, 11:58 PM
Maybe the libs will comment on my other post.......................

I really think they're hiding - or maybe they have to wait until tomorrow when they get their "talking points".

dav4463
03-14-2006, 01:58 AM
Yeah, they have to wait and see what the most liberal of the media can conjure up.

dav4463
03-14-2006, 02:17 AM
It must be hard or impossible to apologize to a man when you have an irrational hatred of the man and you let your hatred get in the way of facts.

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2006, 02:23 AM
They'll just say these documents are forgeries, coinciding with Dan Rather's new career as a White House copy boy....

ecaroff
03-14-2006, 06:28 AM
It's 6:30am Tuesday morning and still no word from the libs.

hcap
03-14-2006, 06:48 AM
You guys are delusional.

As the Iraq War debacle started, progressed and continues, there have been a series of stories from the right wing press about "wait here it is-bush was right. You libs were wrong" . All have been shown to be lacking real evidence. Also why didn't the administration jump on any of these face saving stories and say "see we told you so".

Let's see what happens to this story.
Btw,But according to the Washington Times today, an unnamed U.S. official reports that "newly translated Iraqi documents . . . tell of Saddam seeking uranium from Africa in the mid-1990s."

The documents also speak of burying prohibited missiles, a government official familiar with the declassification process told the paper.

In his January 2003 address, Bush told the nation:

"The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa."Bush is babbling about a recent threat which was thoroughly discredited, and the BUSHIES apologized for that SOTU faux pas

ecaroff
03-14-2006, 07:03 AM
You guys are delusional.

why didn't the administration jump on any of these face saving stories and say "see we told you so".

Because we are conservatives. WE have CLASS!

ljb
03-14-2006, 07:04 AM
I have nothing to apoligize for. The American public was lied to by this administration. If the yellow cake lie was just a little exageration type lie, so what it was still a lie. The main stream media is just now getting balls enough to question this administration. The results of this lying and right wing bias by the media are still coming in and the American public will be paying the bills for a long time.

ecaroff
03-14-2006, 07:06 AM
ROPE-A-DOPE

hcap
03-14-2006, 07:14 AM
If you had class you would apologize for the war, or at least admit you were wrong

I don't view you as a real conservative, more like a bush cultist. Real conservatives have been marginalized by a new breed claiming the conservative mantle. William Buckley, Fukayama, Bartlett, and other old style conservatives have already come out against the neocon agenda and the spend, spend policies. I have no major problems with real conservatives, although I may disagree on many issues. At least logic is respected.
Can't say the same bout the bush big brother lemming march over the cliff.

hcap
03-14-2006, 08:01 AM
I find this hard to beleive, but it appears to be from the official government site. If anyone can show otherwise, please show me

Well, well. One of our coalition of the willing leaders has apologized. Not completely, but on some major issues.

From the Prime Ministers' speech

12 March 2006

TRANSCRIPT OF THE PRIME MINISTER
THE HON JOHN HOWARD MP
ADDRESS TO THE DEAKIN SOCIETY, MELBOURNE
"REFLECTIONS ON THE SITUATION IN IRAQ"

http://www.johnhowardpm.org/speech1817.html

First he says this....

I said then that all the intelligence material collected over recent times, to which Australia had contributed, proved overwhelmingly that Saddam Hussein had maintained his stockpile of chemical and biological weapons and that he was on the brink of nuclear capability. This posed a real and unacceptable threat to the stability and security of our world. I said that unless Iraq was disarmed of its weapons of mass destruction * totally and permanently * then the Middle East would remain a powder keg, waiting for a match.

Then some choice excerpts...

...I said then that six major water treatment plants had been rehabilitated. Perhaps I should have pointed out that these plants had previously been destroyed by British and US bombs during the 12 years of UN sanctions against the Hussein regime. Today, the water situation in Iraq is dire. Billions of dollars have been shifted from rebuilding vital infrastructure to guarding the borders of Iraq.

I said that all 240 hospitals as well as 1,200 health clinics were fully operational, which was the advice we had received from the then administrator, Mr Paul Bremer. Unfortunately, this turned out to be overly optimistic. On November 2004, at the start the coalition¹s pacification of the city of Falluja, the city's General Hospital was occupied by US troops and - I am sorry to say - that hospital staff were handcuffed and some patients were dragged from their beds; perhaps for good reasons. Snipers were posted on the roof of the building and ambulances were strafed. On November, 6, the BBC reported that US air strikes had reduced the newly built Nazzal Emergency Hospital to rubble.

....The International Red Cross estimates that at least 60% of those killed in the assault on the city (Falluja) were women, children and the elderly; a pattern of destruction that has persisted throughout the occupation of Iraq, and, as much as we would like to shut our eyes, this has served to boost the recruitment of insurgents and harden their resolve. In May last year, the city of al-Qaim near the Syrian border was the target of a major offensive known as Operation Matador, which resulted in hundreds of Iraqi casualties. This operation also displaced thousand of civilians, destroyed entire neighborhoods, polluted water supplies and put one hospital out of action. Six months later in al-Qaim, Operation Steel wiped out the General Hospital, other medical centers, some mosques and schools, even the electricity station.

These are the facts. There are many more examples. And they raise serious concerns for the future predicament which our Government and our party may find ourselves facing. We have been lucky up to this point, because the full extent of the mayhem resulting from our U.N sanctioned occupation has not been dwelt upon by the Australian media. You can draw your own conclusions why this is so. However, having been kept well briefed on the conflict by our intelligence agencies, and I can assure you that many unpleasant details are still to emerge.

...There is tremendous pressure from the US for our troops to remain in Iraq, and of course mutual loyalty is a vital component of the alliance. But the longer the Coalition of the Willing remains, the more we are detested, and the more blood is shed. The country is already tearing itself apart, so I am asking you, could our departure really make it any worse?

....Flying home from India, I started to ask myself what a leader like Mahatma Gandhi would do, but I feared I would not be able to live up to the answer, unless I have some wise advice form my longtime friends. Please look into your hearts and let me know what you find.

lsbets
03-14-2006, 08:04 AM
If you had class you would apologize for the war, or at least admit you were wrong

I'm never one to claim I have any class, but I have nothing to apologioze for regarding the war. It was and still is the right thing to do, and despite the hopeful pronouncements of the left, things have not collapsed, and in many cases are going well.

Here's part of an e-mail I got this morning from one of my best friends. He's getting ready to come home after spening a year over there. You kind of get a different perspective when you talk to people serving there right now:

"I was outside the gate with our replacements yesterday, and in a culture where females (even kids) don’t touch males even to shake hands (unless they are family) the little girls and boys that we’ve been dealing with the last year were crying and hugging our legs, begging us to not go.

It’s a shame the news crews don’t capture stuff like that. One of my soldiers outside the front gate, SPC T, has taught himself the local language. Not perfectly, but enough to communicate. While I was outside yesterday, each and every Iraqi soldier that was working came by and hugged him and thanked him for what he has done for them. The children call him Uncle. He provides food and clothes for some of them out of his own pocket. Instead of buying rugs and souvenirs for himself, he provided stuff for the kids. I’m sure that stuff like this will never make the news, because it might make what President Bush did look like a good thing, and we all know we can never have that."

I don't count on the media for my news from Iraq. They're so incredibly stupid they don't even understand what they report. I talk to my friends over there on an almost daily basis. There are no apologies coming from me.

hcap
03-14-2006, 08:27 AM
I have much respect for the job your men and all of our guys are doing.
In spite of a wrong-I think- national policy. If that means anything it does mean class. Americans on a one to one basis with Iraqis are a different and ironically a non violent means of winning hearts and minds.

You may never apologize, I accept that, but apologies are more in need from guys like ecaroff than you. Guys that really use misinformation and hyperbole.

I think the media is not at fault, at this point I find it difficult to accept annecdotal stories versus press accounts from all over the world.

Also check out Howards' speach. Not everything has gone according to the official word.

lsbets
03-14-2006, 10:19 AM
II think the media is not at fault, at this point I find it difficult to accept annecdotal stories versus press accounts from all over the world.

We have a much different view. I don't see the first hand accounts of soldiers on the ground as "anecdotal stories" easily dismissed because they don't fit iin with the line the media is selling. What do I see as anecdotal? Media accounts from reporters who never venture out of the safety of the green zone. Accounts from embedded reporters differ dramatically from the press corps accounts, and tend to be much closer to the "anecdotal stories" relayed by those who serve on the ground.

Lefty
03-14-2006, 11:39 AM
I have nothing to apoligize for. The American public was lied to by this administration. If the yellow cake lie was just a little exageration type lie, so what it was still a lie. The main stream media is just now getting balls enough to question this administration. The results of this lying and right wing bias by the media are still coming in and the American public will be paying the bills for a long time.
lbj,you keep spinning. It's been demonstrably proven that there is a leftwing bias in the media. They have attacked Bush since he was a candidate. So you're either lying or you're the most seriosly outoftouch guy who ever posted here.
All you libs fail to merntionthat long before Bush said Saddam was a threat, the Dems said it; over and over.
Now it's proven the dems were right as well as Bush. Wanna bet in the primaries some of the dem candidates will refer to these docs and crow about how the dem party was right all along?

GaryG
03-14-2006, 11:46 AM
The results of this lying and right wing bias by the media are still coming in and the American public will be paying the bills for a long time.You can't be seious. Right wing bias in the media??? Maybe at the local level in some areas but certainly not the national media. Did your little fingers just slip on the keyboard?

Lefty
03-14-2006, 11:54 AM
lbj, do you mean the kind of rightwing bias that caused CBS to accept forged docs just before the election to try and beat Bush? Or how about not one major mainstream network would give the Swiftboat guys the time of day. You're a hoot, lbj, a real hoot.

Tom
03-14-2006, 12:12 PM
They'll just say these documents are forgeries, coinciding with Dan Rather's new career as a White House copy boy....

I thought he moved to Brokaw Mountain! :lol:

hcap
03-15-2006, 07:13 AM
http://shop.wnd.com/store/images/items/B0016.jpg

Help! Mom! There are Liberals Under My Bed

"Written in simple text, readers can follow along with Tommy and Lou as they open a lemonade stand to earn money for a swing set. But when liberals start demanding that Tommy and Lou pay half their money in taxes, take down their picture of Jesus, and serve broccoli with every glass of lemonade, the young brothers experience the downside to living in Liberaland."

Maybe youze guys should use this as a definitive reference.
Ecaroff? How many are under your bed?

ecaroff
03-15-2006, 09:34 AM
hcap, I don't read your dripple and I'm sure others don't either. When I see it's you I just go on to the next person. So if you're writing to me don't waste you're time. I'd rather you spend your time learning the truth.

Tom
03-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Remeber the movie Days of Wine and Roses? When Tony Randall sprays the apartment for roacches? And everyone gets on his case for scattering them?

Libs area lot like that - we learn to leave them alone because if we spray them , they scurry into our neighbor's apartments. So a few libs under my bed is tolerable. :rolleyes:

betchatoo
03-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Remeber the movie Days of Wine and Roses? When Tony Randall sprays the apartment for roacches? And everyone gets on his case for scattering them?

Libs area lot like that - we learn to leave them alone because if we spray them , they scurry into our neighbor's apartments. So a few libs under my bed is tolerable. :rolleyes:

And a few liberal minded females in my bed is even more tolerable :cool:

GaryG
03-15-2006, 12:34 PM
And a few liberal minded females in my bed is even more tolerable :cool:Well, since you put it that way....:jump: :jump: :jump:

Dave Schwartz
03-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Now, there you go, LS, being a puppet of the right wing again.

First you honor us all by serving your country in Iraq - and now this.

I just don't know what we are going to do with you.

hcap
03-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Some of the overeaching foreign policy goals from the supporters of the war.

Iraq would become a beacon of democracy. Awestruck, the Palestinians would forswear terrorist groups like Hamas. From the Iraqi bastion, the US would topple the regimes of Syria and Iran, by military force if need be. The Iraq example would serve for invasions elsewhere. Saudi Arabia and Egypt would have no resort but democratising, their rulers yielding to secular figures in the inspiring mould of Chalabi. Like Saddam Hussein's regime, the entire region was supposedly a house of cards.

..In a column in Time on 17 February 2003, boldly titled "Coming Ashore", Krauthammer proudly embraced the arrogance of power. "Reformation and reconstruction of an alien culture are a daunting task. Risky and, yes, arrogant." Yet 9/11 justified not only invading Iraq but also, he insisted, overthrowing 22 other Arab governments. "Before 9/11, no one would have seriously even proposed it. After 9/11, we dare not shrink from it." And then again came out his bugle: "America is coming ashore."

http://smirkingchimp.com/article.php?sid=25306&mode=nested&order=0
Sidney Blumenthal, openDemocracy

Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself.
– Lao Tzu

Lefty
03-18-2006, 12:06 PM
hcap, q was will you libs apologize and we get spin, spin, spin. Answer is no, libs never have guts to apologize for anything they've done. Take clinton as fer instance, a real Pres a real man would have resigned after being cght perjuring himself and in an adulterous situation right in the White House. Nixon was a man, Clinton's a creep and think the whole party, with few exceptions, follow his lead.

46zilzal
03-18-2006, 12:09 PM
nixon was a dick

Lefty
03-18-2006, 12:12 PM
But still more of a man than Clinton. But I have to commend you for such stellar, well thght out, repartee'

DJofSD
03-18-2006, 02:16 PM
nixon was a dick

Yes. And by today's standards, he was a liberal.

So, boys and girls, want inference can we draw?

46zilzal
03-18-2006, 02:24 PM
I always thought some of the people on his "enemies list" were a scream: MRS. Burt Lancaster and Lew Alcindor.

Tom
03-18-2006, 03:36 PM
He was a "dick." Absolutley a seriously mentally deranged SOB. No. 1 on his enemies list was really......himself!

I waved back when he boarded Marine 1 That glorious day....but not with my hand! :eek:

I am confident he burns in Hell. Where he belongs.

Lefty
03-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Well boys, you miss the point. Nixon was more of a man than Clinton will ever be. He resigned when he should of. So, no need for more name calling.

46zilzal
03-18-2006, 10:18 PM
how many THOUSANDS of young men's lives was this was responsible for snuffing out? for NOTHING

Lefty
03-18-2006, 10:21 PM
how many THOUSANDS of young men's lives was this was responsible for snuffing out? for NOTHING
46, what the hell are you talking about?

Tom
03-18-2006, 10:23 PM
As far as presidents go, Clinton stood head and shoulders above Nixon.

Nixon was so low he had to go upstairs to get to the basement. He was a very little person. You could see his shoes in his driver's license photo. :rolleyes:

A fitting end to that SOB Nixon would have been to have Marine one chop off his arm when he waved good-bye!

46zilzal
03-18-2006, 10:29 PM
46, what the hell are you talking about?
how many young ones did this one get killed interrupting another CIVIL war?

Lefty
03-18-2006, 10:30 PM
Tom, that's so frigging wrong it's unblievable. Clinton stands head and shoulders above noone. We will just didagree. Nixon resigned to spare the country, Clinton didn't. That's the only poin i'm making about the two right now.

Lefty
03-18-2006, 10:31 PM
how many young ones did this one get killed interrupting another CIVIL war?
Once again, what the hell are you talking about?

46zilzal
03-18-2006, 10:31 PM
come on he was A CROOK AND IN NEXT TO LAST PLACE ON THE LIST ALL TIME of presidents

46zilzal
03-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Once again, what the hell are you talking about?
I can tell you where to buy hearing aid batteries, but brain dead...there are no aids for that.

Lefty
03-18-2006, 11:07 PM
listen, 46, are you unable to explain yourself? Are can you just hurl insults?
If, you are talking about Vietnam that war was started by Dems and mopped up by Nixon when all was lost because of the media and the unwillingness of dems to actually win. If you're not talking about Vietnam then I don't know what you're talking about.

Lefty
03-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Brain dead, you dumb sob? You're the friggin one that's braindead. I will no longer take insults from you stupid libs without hurling a few missives of my own!

ecaroff
03-18-2006, 11:24 PM
nixon was a dick

Now that was Intelligent.

Tom
03-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Tom, that's so frigging wrong it's unblievable. Clinton stands head and shoulders above noone. We will just didagree. Nixon resigned to spare the country, Clinton didn't. That's the only poin i'm making about the two right now.

Nixon resigned to save his ass - he knew impeachment was coming and he would most likely then be removed from office.
Nixon always put himself ahead of the country - he was a disgrace, a liar, and a murderer. He used our troops and air strikes politically - not to win a war, but to help his own causes. He was everything the libs are accusing Bush of being and worse.

Lefty
03-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Tom, I vehemently disagree. But as O'Reilly says; I'll give you the last word.

46zilzal
03-19-2006, 12:48 AM
58,156 dead

Lefty
03-19-2006, 01:03 AM
46, from a war that Dems started; not Nixon!

DJofSD
03-19-2006, 08:57 AM
58,156 dead

"Four dead in Ohio". Who's to blame for those?

Give us the counts for Korea, WWII, WWI, the Spanish-American war, the Civil War and the War of Independence along with the French-Indian War. Who gets the blame for those loses?

Tom
03-19-2006, 12:33 PM
46, from a war that Dems started; not Nixon!

Wasn't it the Eisenhower adminstration that started it with the "advisors?"
Nixon was VP, so technically.......:rolleyes:

46zilzal
03-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Wasn't it the Eisenhower adminstration that started it with the "advisors?"
Nixon was VP, so technically.......:rolleyes:
1954 is considered the inception date, but NO MATTER who was there at the helm, they failed to admit it was going badly geeting thousands killed unecessarily

46zilzal
03-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Former Prime Minister Ayad Allawi told the BBC that recent sectarian violence is a sure sign of a nation at war with itself.

"We are losing each day as an average 50 to 60 people throughout the country, if not more. If this is not civil war, then God knows what civil war is," he said.

Although conditions have not passed the "point of no return," he said, if that point is reached, fragile efforts to build a new government "will not only fall apart but sectarianism will spread throughout the region, and even Europe and the U.S. will not be spared the violence that results."

Tom
03-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I think "former" is the key word here. ;)

The violence is not widespread in Iraq - is isolated to certain areas.
When we had the race riots in LA after Rodney King, was that a sign of coming civil war?

46zilzal
03-19-2006, 09:00 PM
interesting progress

ecaroff
03-19-2006, 09:06 PM
"We are losing each day as an average 50 to 60 people throughout the country, if not more. If this is not civil war, then God knows what civil war is," he said.

"

I'll be willing to bet you that we have more murders than 50 to 60 a day in this country. SO I guess by your logic our whole country is in a civil war. Wonder how many people died each day in Iraq under Sadam?

ecaroff
03-19-2006, 09:09 PM
interesting progress

So ............. can you give me some kind of perspective here? Is one American life worth more than 1 million Iraq's lives? How about one American per 500,000?

Lefty
03-19-2006, 09:23 PM
1954 is considered the inception date, but NO MATTER who was there at the helm, they failed to admit it was going badly geeting thousands killed unecessarily
The Dems, mainly Johnson, escalated it and handled it badly, yet you want to blame 1 man, 1 party.

46zilzal
03-19-2006, 09:30 PM
typcially passed over the line NO MATTER WHO WAS AT THE HELM

Ponyplayr
03-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Lefty...Eisenhower sent the first advisors to the Nam...not JFK or LBJ He also stuck our nose in Iran...And look at the pain and suffering that has caused.
Bottom line ,is that Politics KILLS our Children :mad: When will we learn?

Lefty
03-20-2006, 01:40 AM
pony, read my post again. Johnson escalated the war and then was not willing to win it.

Ponyplayr
03-20-2006, 01:56 AM
Lefty..Reality is a Bitch! LBJ,to his credit recognised the folly of the war...And like the pussey he was ,QUIT.
That is the crime that Politics is..Kill them ,then leave them.
We see the same pattern today...Fight the war on terror..OOPS...Soldiers Falling!!!Quit....:mad:

PaceAdvantage
03-20-2006, 02:03 AM
interesting progress

Actually, the last five months are quite encouraging....and quite a downward sloping trendline, if you want to talk about trendlines that is.....

Tom
03-20-2006, 10:44 AM
Lefty..Reality is a Bitch! LBJ,to his credit recognised the folly of the war...And like the pussey he was ,QUIT.
That is the crime that Politics is..Kill them ,then leave them.
We see the same pattern today...Fight the war on terror..OOPS...Soldiers Falling!!!Quit....:mad:

In recent years, our presidents have that thread in common they all quit and left others to die - real leadership qualityies.

Kennedy - Bay of Pigs
Johnson - Viet Nam
Nixon- Viet Nam
Regan - Afghanistan
Bush 41 - Iraq

Sad that theses men all put politics ahead of huma lives that THE themselves engourage to act and then left them hanging.

Tom
03-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Actually, the last five months are quite encouraging....and quite a downward sloping trendline, if you want to talk about trendlines that is.....

Go back two years - still a downward trend.

Lefty
03-20-2006, 11:32 AM
In recent years, our presidents have that thread in common they all quit and left others to die - real leadership qualityies.

Kennedy - Bay of Pigs
Johnson - Viet Nam
Nixon- Viet Nam
Regan - Afghanistan
Bush 41 - Iraq

Sad that theses men all put politics ahead of huma lives that THE themselves engourage to act and then left them hanging.

Tom, not quite accurate about Bush 41. You see, the coalition garnered through the UN was dependent on Bush41 just pushing Saddam outta Kuwait and then leaving. The libs holler about Bush not finishing the job, and then holler aboyut GW not getting the SAME coalition that made us promise to quit last time. Can't have it both ways; can't have your cake and eat it too, unless you have a time machine.

lsbets
03-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Tom, not quite accurate about Bush 41. You see, the coalition garnered through the UN was dependent on Bush41 just pushing Saddam outta Kuwait and then leaving. The libs holler about Bush not finishing the job, and then holler aboyut GW not getting the SAME coalition that made us promise to quit last time. Can't have it both ways; can't have your cake and eat it too, unless you have a time machine.

Lefty, the problem with the first Gulf War was we (Bush 41) told the Shiites to rise up against Hussein, and when they did, we did nothing to defend them or help them. We let them be slaughtered, and that action caused a lot of distrust towards us when we invaded this time. Bush f-d up when he told them to fight and didn't help.

46zilzal
03-20-2006, 12:28 PM
screwing UP runs in the family

lsbets
03-20-2006, 12:32 PM
screwing UP runs in the family

You guys are related? :eek:

Lefty
03-20-2006, 12:34 PM
lsbet, that was wrong and although the dems want GWBush to make that same mstk, don't think he will.

46zilly, what the hell do you know about it. Your demmy pals want this Pres to cut and run and lv the Iraqui people hanging; he will not make the same mstk.
This war was unfortunate but necessary. In this ground war we've lost less people than we have here at home in car accidents, drownings, falls and poisons. One american death too many, but when you analyze the figs, not as bad as you try and make it out to be.

And the economy, despite 9-11, the dot.com debacle and war, just keeps humming along. So stick it in your hat, zilly boy!

46zilzal
03-20-2006, 12:34 PM
You guys are related?
that might be cause for suicide it true, that, or a cushy job in GUBB-MENT that I was totally unprepared for

but then listen to what this one said recently:"After the bombing, most Iraqis saw what the -- perpetuators of the, of this attack were trying to do." (Mar. 13, 2006)

Tom
03-20-2006, 06:15 PM

41 tried to get the Iraqi's to overthrow SH, promised aid. Then left then hanging when they tried, and thousands were murdered.

ecaroff
03-20-2006, 07:27 PM
46zilly, what the hell do you know about it. Your demmy pals want this Pres to cut and run and lv the Iraqui people hanging; he will not make the same mstk.
!

Can you imagine the security of this country in the hands of the democrats?

Clinton almost did us in - although this has yet to be determined. He gave China some of our most secret Nuclear Secrets. My best friend worked for Loral when Loral helped China figure out why their missles were failing. This was done with permission of Clinton and Bernie Swartz (CEO of Loral and a long time democrat supporter). I fear China more than any other country. I know what I am about to say is far-fetched but this is what I was told by a major player. The terrorists in cooperation with China are planning a major terror attack (nuclear suitcase bombs stolen from Russia possible) to go off at a specified time (like noon on 9-11-2007 - don't really know the date) in several of our major cities. All our news media, etc. will be out - very little TV, Radio, etc. so the public won't know what is happening. While we scramble to figure out what is happening China prepares their march into our country in a full scale takeover. Think about it.......................

46zilzal
03-20-2006, 07:50 PM
the above post seems right home here.

Lefty
03-20-2006, 08:33 PM
41 tried to get the Iraqi's to overthrow SH, promised aid. Then left then hanging when they tried, and thousands were murdered.
Tom, yes, and all because he stayed with the UN mandate. The point is, libs want it both ways. They wanted(in retrospect) for 41 to finish the job and then wanted GW to get UN support. They are mutually exclusive.

Lefty
03-20-2006, 08:38 PM
the above post seems right home here.
I have posted the same thing many times about Clinton's biggest contributor being given permission to help China launch Satellites. It's not too far in future when they can take that technology and launch missiles.
46, instead of just making a statement that the post belongs in Twilight Zone, plse explain why? Cause the post is factually correct.

Tom
03-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Tom, yes, and all because he stayed with the UN mandate. The point is, libs want it both ways. They wanted(in retrospect) for 41 to finish the job and then wanted GW to get UN support. They are mutually exclusive.

No, the point is the majority of recent presidents - both parties - have been men of low integrity and small balls. Talk is cheap - when it came time to put up, most them shut up. Why in the world would ANYONE trust what we say about standing up for them - our "past performances" indicates otherwise.

Lefty
03-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Excuse me, Tom, but I think I know what my point was and you refuse to see it. Ok. But I think both Bush's have integrity aplenty. Once again, we don't agree. But my point was still MY point.

Tom
03-21-2006, 08:20 AM
OK, it's YOUR point - it just had nothing to do with what we were talking about, that's all.

Lefty
03-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Tom, sure it did. We were talking about Bush 41 and why he didn't finish the job in Iraq. BECAUSE HE FOLLOWED THE UN MANDATE!

Tom
03-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Tom, sure it did. We were talking about Bush 41 and why he didn't finish the job in Iraq. BECAUSE HE FOLLOWED THE UN MANDATE!
no, I was talking about how 41 promised to support a revolution in Iraq, then failed to act when they tried it. I listed several incidents where US presidents did this.