PDA

View Full Version : Murdoch says papers face extinction

Stevie Belmont
03-13-2006, 06:09 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060313/tc_afp/britainmediatechnology

As technology continues to advance, so do the way people read news papers.

JustRalph
03-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Murdoch is Right!

I haven't bought more than ten papers in the last 5 years. And those were to read on airplanes................

ljb
03-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Murdoch is Right!

I haven't bought more than ten papers in the last 5 years. And those were to read on airplanes................
That explains a lot.

JustRalph
03-13-2006, 09:46 PM
That explains a lot.

real funny..........

Why read news that is 24 hours old. You heard of the Internet haven't ya? Duh?

DJofSD
03-13-2006, 09:48 PM
JR, you deserved that jab. You left yourself wide open!

Tom
03-13-2006, 10:25 PM
I find the NY Times very useful. I spread it out on my counter when I shuck corn, then roll up the whole mess and throw it out. I use it when paint, when I change my oil, it is top notch for sopping up spills, and it is second to none for wraping trash (All the crap that's fit to scrap!)

But the Post...the News....nothing like a hot coffee and a tabloid on the bench at the lake on a sunny morning to start the day.

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2006, 01:51 AM
That explains a lot.

Silly, silly boy....

NEWS comes in a variety of forms these days, if what you truly care about is FACTUAL NEWS. But then again, factual, unbiased news is tough to come by, ESPECIALLY in newspapers, so its no wonder they are declining in popularity (in addition to the Internet stealing their thunder).

Are you trying to imply by your silly statement that JR is less informed or less intelligent than someone who reads a newspaper or two on a daily basis? What newspapers would meet your seal of intellectual approval, or would any suffice?

ljb
03-14-2006, 07:33 AM
Silly, silly boy....

NEWS comes in a variety of forms these days, if what you truly care about is FACTUAL NEWS. But then again, factual, unbiased news is tough to come by, ESPECIALLY in newspapers, so its no wonder they are declining in popularity (in addition to the Internet stealing their thunder).

Are you trying to imply by your silly statement that JR is less informed or less intelligent than someone who reads a newspaper or two on a daily basis? What newspapers would meet your seal of intellectual approval, or would any suffice?
I would recommend reading as many news papers as possible at least one a day. Local news is ok but you should also pick up a copy of WSJ every so often and perhaps NYT for balance. Keeping in mind that they are all biased, some to the right, some to the left. Recently most have been printing in fear of the Bush administration with a few exceptions. I would also recommend catching some tv news and comedy shows and of course one should peruse the blogs both left and right. I would also suggest you pick up a news magazine at least once a week. The biggest problems with blogs is: Anyone with a connection can and will post anything that suits their personal agenda.
Oh and I also think newspapers are soon to be extinct. Are books and librarys far behind ?

DJofSD
03-14-2006, 09:31 AM
WSJ every so often and perhaps NYT for balance.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Which one is balancing out the other?

ljb
03-15-2006, 07:08 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Which one is balancing out the other?
This explains a lot.

Ron
03-15-2006, 04:40 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060313/tc_afp/britainmediatechnology

As technology continues to advance, so do the way people read news papers.

This guy is genius!