PDA

View Full Version : Bush is coming

Tom
03-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Tuesday, Bush will be in Canandaigua - my town.
Hope he's not coming to kick my ass! :eek:

Last time a sitting president was in town it was Taft, and his visit was on page 9 of the local paper. Headlines that day were about a train wreck in nearby Manchester, the worst transportaion disastor in Ontario county history.

Hope Bush's visit is not another train wereck!:rolleyes:

He has to go by my street - I'll try to get some photos of the motorcade and post them. Politic aside, it has got to someting to see in person.

BTW, our area had another VIP in town yesterday....Mary Ann (Dawn Wells) from Gilligan's Island. No motorcade, but a nice caboose! :jump:

so.cal.fan
03-09-2006, 01:13 PM
:D

I heard he was coming to town to look for you Tom!
He wants to offer you a job as his new press secretary! :eek:
He knows if he is signing your checks, you'll do the best job, silencing his critics!
Can anyone imagine Tom answering Helen Thomas's questions? :lol:

Overlay
03-09-2006, 05:36 PM
BTW, our area had another VIP in town yesterday....Mary Ann (Dawn Wells) from Gilligan's Island. No motorcade, but a nice caboose! :jump:

Speaking of whom...(Apologies to JustRalph for borrowing from one of his prior posts.)

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/895/3gi09.jpg

so.cal.fan
03-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Well, Tom?
Did you get to see him?

kenwoodallpromos
03-09-2006, 08:41 PM
"CANANDAIGUA — Organizers are already talking about a protest — even though the White House has yet to confirm that President Bush will be visiting Tuesday.

Maria Bucci, a Can-andaigua Democrat, hopes to attract several hundred people to what is being called “a peaceful protest” against the president’s policies and the way he has handled the war in Iraq."
Buhs may be visiting the Academy and a "posh" senior center.

so.cal.fan
03-09-2006, 08:44 PM
We haven't heard from Tom.....wonder if the President stopped over at Tom's for a few drinks? :D

GameTheory
03-09-2006, 08:53 PM
We haven't heard from Tom.....wonder if the President stopped over at Tom's for a few drinks? :DHopefully Tom didn't use his rifle "scope-cam" to take the pictures...

Tom
03-10-2006, 12:49 AM
Hohoho you guys! :D He's not coming until Tuesday.

I'm going to wear my Tricky Dicky mask and give him a "wave" when he drives by!

DJofSD
03-10-2006, 01:47 AM
Tom, get your guitar out and play a duet with him and make damn sure you get a picture!

Secretariat
03-10-2006, 11:09 AM
Tom, get your guitar out and play a duet with him and make damn sure you get a picture!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
03-10-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm telling him about you, Sec! :eek:

BTW,,,,is my mnid going, or are the emoticons to the right in a different order that last day or so? Something is not the same - I think the growing nose and lauging yellow guy are moved, and the jumping guy was lower, I'm sure.

Tom
03-11-2006, 11:23 PM
Secret Service have arrived!

Swarming the neighborhoods, taking photos, talking into hand helds - tape recorders?

I can see the high school where he will speak from my back door.
There was a guy in yard behind me looking at the trees! I asked him to se if he could improve my cable reception - he grunted and wrote something down in his notebook! Uh oh......I feel an interview coming on!:eek:
Maybe he was hooking someting up to my phone line!

Lots of cars and SUV's driving aroud slowly, helicopters flying overhead much more than usual.

Even seeing some strange looking joggers - must be checking out every nook and cranny.

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2006, 12:51 PM
This is cool Tom! Keep us informed of what's going down....you're our Johnny on the Spot! lol

so.cal.fan
03-12-2006, 01:07 PM
I hope you get to see him, Tom!
Maybe you can get a picture?

Tom
03-12-2006, 01:33 PM
This is cool Tom! Keep us informed of what's going down....you're our Johnny on the Spot! lol

Let's hope I don';t end up Johnny in the slammer! :eek:

Tom
03-12-2006, 01:41 PM
I hope you get to see him, Tom!
Maybe you can get a picture?

Will certainly try - whatever your politics, for most, this is a once in a lifetime deal. Protesters already lining up around the area. Some prtesting today, in Rochester. Now there's some bright people - I'm sure HE will be affected by that one! :D
My neighbor told me he the roads arounbd will be clsoed, so he was going to wlak through the filed/woods that border the high scholl where the president will speak - I told him that was a good way to get shot! SS take a dim view of people walking out of the underbrush towards "Tumbler." Besides, you never know if "Angler" might be out getting off a few rounds! :lol:

so.cal.fan
03-12-2006, 01:56 PM
PA?
Can you delete Tom's anti Bush rants off the board? The secret service may check! :blush:

PaceAdvantage
03-12-2006, 03:12 PM
PA?
Can you delete Tom's anti Bush rants off the board? The secret service may check! :blush:

What fun would that be? Don't you want to see if they actually do read EVERYTHING? :lol:

Tom
03-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Naw, they wouln't be llokin here for problem people, would they?

Lasted viewed by SS 03434 at 14:23:32 <>Flagged

Tom
03-13-2006, 11:35 PM
High school is locked down like Fort Know tonight- you wouldn't BELIEVE the gumballs all over the place. I think there is even an Iraqi squad here :lol:

Good news today - Bush will meet with J-Mack, the high school basketball manager. You might have heard of him - he is the manager of a local team, and got to play one game. In 4 minutes, he scored 20 points - 6 3 pointers. J-Mack is autistic but you'd never know it...the kid is amazing. He is so loved by everyone, when he took to the floor, everyone in the gym...including the opposing team's fans - all had his photo on sticks and waved them like the Steelers terrible towels. They didn't "let" him score, either.

http://www.rnews.com/Story_2004.cfm?ID=35687&rnews_story_type=18&category=10

This kid has inspired so many others, it just great Bush will take time out to meet him in person.

Anyone interested, there will be web coverage of the visit tomorrow at:

http://www.10nbc.com/index.asp?section=2

mainardi
03-14-2006, 02:52 AM
PA?
So, Tom... I guess if we don't hear from you for a few days, we can assume that someone IS reading your threads? Gosh, we'll miss you... hurry back.

NoDayJob
03-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Mr. Tom,

You wearing a rubber mask of Sadam, shouting, "Infidel, infidel" would be appropriate at the Bush Bash. I can see it now: "Sadam escapes and threatens President Bush." :lol:

Tom
03-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Funny guys....:D

You wouldn't believe the reception here - if his approval rating is 30%, we have all of it right here. I got a front row view of the motorcade this morning, not 20 feet from the limo - I could actually see him inside wavig. Foud a corner spot in the local Tim Horton's at the corner.

The motorcade goes pretty fast, even around corners, but I guess they do this a lot! ;)

The roads all over the are were blocked off, with huge dump trucks, ready to roll in and stop anything. SS were everywhere, and I knwo I got eye balled more than once, a lone man, sitting in a car, right at a corner....BUT I'M STILL HERE!

It occurred to me that the motorcade went through a triangle type intersection , eirily similar to Deely Plaze in Texas, with me at the Book Depository position...the crap your mind comes up with!

But the story of the day was the the airport - the local dignitaries got a quick handshake, then Thepresident met J-Mack and his family, put his arm around him, just like that fireman at ground zero, and walked Jason over to the national press line and not only introduced him, but told them all aobut J's heroics on the court. Someone handed him one of the J-Mack face sticks and he was flashing it all over theplace - you'll probably see this on the news tonight. The vast majority of histime was spent with Jason, and this kid is about as high as you can get today. Mr. Bush was flashing the stick at his driver, marine guards, and event the pilots of AF1! He gave Jason a huge hug and you could see his parent crying....they have to be so damn proud today.

After he got in the car and left the tarmack, the press flocked J- Mack and he held his own press conference!

betchatoo
03-14-2006, 04:09 PM
The video of the President and JMack is available at aol.com

03-14-2006, 04:19 PM
Tom

I heard he stopped by Finger Lakes on the way to Canandaigua to bet a double at Tampa Bay and play some slots!!!

Tom
03-14-2006, 06:12 PM
He caugth the double, I heard :liar:

Seriously, the major part of the visit turned out to be under the radar. Mr. Bush spent over an hour and half visiting families of local soldiers who died overseas. Each had a private room and meeting with the President at the airport, and AF1 sat idling on the tarmack long past it's scheduled take off time. Apparently, he signed a bill while here - one renaming a post office in Scio, NY. Jason Hasenaeur, who will reciving the Congressional Medal of Honor, in a split second, threw himself on a live grenade and covered it with his helmet to save six others with him. His father spoke on camera and was visable touched by the visit.
What we don't hear on the media every night is that this is Mr. Bush's MO - wherever he goes, he makes time for families like this. Not at all the image Cindy and her followers try to portray.

Note: So far 35! offers for a J-Mack movie have been received by his family. Thay taped the final scene here today.

JustRalph
03-14-2006, 08:27 PM
somebody tell me who the hell J-mack is? Is this the kid who played in the basketball game few weeks ago? Who scored 20?

Tom
03-14-2006, 10:39 PM
somebody tell me who the hell J-mack is? Is this the kid who played in the basketball game few weeks ago? Who scored 20?

http://www.rnews.com/Story_2004.cfm?ID=35687&rnews_story_type=18&category=10

That's him. He's the team manager, and autistic. Got to play one time this season by league rules, and took full advantage. He's a local hero here. He's also a memeber of two voluteer fire departments in the area. The kid has taken over this part of the state.
Here;s someting you didn't see on the news tonight. Bush gave the face on a stick to a SS agent and he asked J-Mack to autograph it for him - which he did,
Bush was still waving it in the window of his limo when he went though town.

PaceAdvantage
03-15-2006, 03:02 AM
What we don't hear on the media every night is that this is Mr. Bush's MO - wherever he goes, he makes time for families like this. Not at all the image Cindy and her followers try to portray.

Shocking. :rolleyes:

JustRalph
03-15-2006, 08:59 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=1657457

jmac interview

Tom
04-05-2006, 06:44 PM
We got the tab today, just for overtime for our school district - $62,000!
Not included, Air Force One, metal detectors, audio-visual equipemt, meals, etc.

Thank you Mr, Bush, for dumping this on the backs of Taxpayers here. Your under an hour speech was surely worth all the money YOU cost us.
Next time you are in the neighborhood, KEEP GOING YOU DIPSTICK! :mad:

twindouble
04-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Not included, Air Force One, metal detectors, audio-visual equipemt, meals, etc.

Thank you Mr, Bush, for dumping this on the backs of Taxpayers here. Your under an hour speech was surely worth all the money YOU cost us.

When the day comes and some Wacko knocks him off, you'll be the first to say, where where those dipsticks that were suposed to protect him, they all should be fired or hung if they can't protect one man. :lol: Then Dick will be your president. :lol: Take your pick. What heck is he suposed to do grow roots in the White House. :lol:

T.D.

Tom
04-05-2006, 09:06 PM
When the day comes and some Wacko knocks him off, you'll be the first to say, where where those dipsticks that were suposed to protect him, they all should be fired or hung if they can't protect one man. :lol: Then Dick will be your president. :lol: Take your pick. What heck is he suposed to do grow roots in the White House. :lol:

T.D.

Yes - stay at home do do his damn job.
This was 100% wasted money - it was a purposless trip - only to foster support for his medicar plan - which has already been passed!
He was playing politics, trying to improve his dismal, yet fully earned low approval rating.
And if that day ever comes that some wacko does what you suggest, you would be surprised what I would say!
G Bush is an ignorant SOB ruining this country.
I have not one once of respect for him. Not one.

46zilzal
04-06-2006, 12:32 AM
ah yes with great quotes like this one:"We support the election process, we support democracy, but that doesn't mean we have to support governments that get elected as a result of democracy." (Mar. 29, 2006)

mainardi
04-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Yes - stay at home do do his damn job.
This was 100% wasted money - it was a purposless trip - only to foster support for his medicar plan - which has already been passed!
He was playing politics, trying to improve his dismal, yet fully earned low approval rating.
And if that day ever comes that some wacko does what you suggest, you would be surprised what I would say!
G Bush is an ignorant SOB ruining this country.
I have not one once of respect for him. Not one.
I know that you're not his biggest fan :rolleyes:, but ALL Presidents have run around costing taxpayers money. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I seem to remember reading that Clinton was the highest spending "road trip" President in history (not sure if that's still the case). :eek:

BTW, Congress is pretty dang good at doing the same... I do remember (many years ago) reading about somebody in Congress spending something like $30,000 on a bogus "fact-finding" trip to a safe country in northern Africa... even took along relatives as "research assistants". :(

As you might say, "Kill 'em all and start all over!!!" :cool:

Tom
04-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Joe, I agree - congress has always been fiscally irresposible. I seriously question why we need so many of them, and why do we enev need a senate?
But back to Bush - he is not the first to do this, but he has run up the largest deficits in history and never once shown even the smallest inclanation to save money at any time. He reminds me, literally, of King George - no respect for public opinioin, no regard for commoners, bull headed, and generally out of t ouch with reality. We replied quite nicley to KG, and it is time to start throwing tea once again, This governemtn is no longer feasible nor worth the cost.

twindouble
04-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Joe, I agree - congress has always been fiscally irresposible. I seriously question why we need so many of them, and why do we enev need a senate?
But back to Bush - he is not the first to do this, but he has run up the largest deficits in history and never once shown even the smallest inclanation to save money at any time. He reminds me, literally, of King George - no respect for public opinioin, no regard for commoners, bull headed, and generally out of t ouch with reality. We replied quite nicley to KG, and it is time to start throwing tea once again, This governemtn is no longer feasible nor worth the cost.

Tom, your like a wild stallion that can't be broke, I get on with many things you say, then get bucked off, but your logic and common sense teases me to ride again so I get bruised and confused. Then you strut your stuff and get my attention again. :bang: Maybe a few mares in heat is the answer. :lol:

T.D.

Tom
04-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Tom, your like a wild stallion that can't be broke, I get on with many things you say, then get bucked off, but your logic and common sense teases me to ride again so I get bruised and confused. Then you strut your stuff and get my attention again. :bang: Maybe a few mares in heat is the answer. :lol:

T.D.

For you or me??? :lol:

twindouble
04-06-2006, 02:13 PM
For you or me??? :lol:

See what I mean, offer you some carrots and I get kicked over the fence. :D

DJofSD
04-06-2006, 08:15 PM
TD

Howdy, partner,

You need the services of a PBR - professional "bull" rider, that is.

For your consideration (and a small fee, of coarse), my services can be obtained. Cash, check or money order, payable in advance. Make it out to R. U. Kiddin. I'll break that varmit or I'll get broken in the process.

twindouble
04-06-2006, 09:03 PM
TD

Howdy, partner,

You need the services of a PBR - professional "bull" rider, that is.

For your consideration (and a small fee, of coarse), my services can be obtained. Cash, check or money order, payable in advance. Make it out to R. U. Kiddin. I'll break that varmit or I'll get broken in the process.

Tom is really no threat, he's got a cannon for a mouth, short fuse and very little powder. :lol:

But you can take on that bear in my back yard, method of payment don't matter. :cool:

NoDayJob
04-07-2006, 01:13 AM

:lol: Do you want to join my Bomb Throwers & Anarchists United Party? :lol:

46zilzal
04-07-2006, 01:37 AM
got to find a fellow interesting who is forever verbally challenged: "We -- first of all, there is -- the globe is warming. The fundamental debate, is it manmade or natural. Put that aside." (Mar. 29, 2006)

OR:"One of the great things about America, one of the beauties of our country, is that when we see a young, innocent child blown up by an IED, we cry." (Mar. 29, 2006)

mainardi
04-07-2006, 02:36 AM
got to find a fellow interesting who is forever verbally challenged: "We -- first of all, there is -- the globe is warming. The fundamental debate, is it manmade or natural. Put that aside." (Mar. 29, 2006)

OR:"One of the great things about America, one of the beauties of our country, is that when we see a young, innocent child blown up by an IED, we cry." (Mar. 29, 2006)
Is anybody sure that he's not Norm Crosby? You know... they've never been seen together!!! ;)

hcap
04-07-2006, 05:53 AM
Irwiin Corey was funnier and made more sense.

I know we can find humour in tragedy, but please.......

Tom
04-07-2006, 05:45 PM

As a doctor, do you also find it amusing when old people drool, when crippled people struggle to get through a door, when someone has a siezure?
Deep, deep down inside, you are very very shallow.
What's your motto, "Aim Low!"

46zilzal
04-07-2006, 05:47 PM
those are QUOTES from the rutabaga and NO ONE ELSE

like this one: "I fully understand the effects of gasoline price raises on people who are working. It's like a tax. Every time it goes up at the pump, people are like paying a tax." (Apr. 6, 2006)

46zilzal
04-07-2006, 05:59 PM
or
"The leaders of Iraq rejected this notion that a suicider and a thug and a terrorist can create civil war."

there is no such word rutabaga

OR
"The people of the city still have many challenges to overcome, including old-age resentments that still create suspicion."
-- I think he's looking for "age-old", but his version is more fun. Cleveland, Ohio, Mar. 20, 2006

46zilzal
04-07-2006, 06:13 PM
one of my all time favorites: "I'm honored to, uhh, shake the hand…of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein"

Tom
04-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Thank you for providing more examples of your low road for me.
Hey, I might go fishing Sunday - see any worms over your head?

DJofSD
04-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Here's my all time favorite:

It depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is. If the--if he--if "is" means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement.
--Grand jury testimony, August 17, 1998

Perhaps Bush has problems getting the words out or starting a sentence with one thought then finishing it with another. I don't think he has the red queen's disease.

Tom
04-07-2006, 09:29 PM
My favorite: "I did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinski!"
Grammatically, correct, perfect sentence structure, noun, verb, adverb, object of the verb, everything you could ask for in language.....except the TRUTH! :lol:

But it is nice to know that simple things like mis-speaking in public entertain simple minds so much.

46zilzal
04-07-2006, 10:12 PM
FAVORITE BUSHISMS
(thanks to slate.msn.com)

"I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what's moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves."—Washington, D.C., Sept. 21, 2003

"Columbia carried in its payroll classroom experiments from some of our students in America."—Bethesda, Md., Feb. 3, 2003

"The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself."—Grand Rapids, Mich., Jan. 29, 2003

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."—Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

46zilzal
04-07-2006, 10:16 PM
The illiteracy level of our children are appalling." (Washington, D.C., January 23, 2004)

"I worked with the legislature, both Republican and Democrats, to pass a law that said if you come in the top 10 percent of your high school class, you’re automatically admitted to one of our higher institutions of learning." (St. Louis presidential debate, October 17, 2000)

"The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the--the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people--and we will bring them to justice." (Washington, D.C., October 27, 2003)

"The public education system in America is one of the most important foundations of our democracy. After all, it is where children from all over America learn to be responsible citizens, and learn to have the skills necessary to take advantage of our fantastic opportunistic society." (Santa Clara, California, May 1, 2002)

""I love the idea of a school in which people come to get educated and stay in the state in which they're educated." (Milwaukee, Wisconsin, August 14, 2002)

"One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end."—Washington, D.C., Jan. 8, 2003

"I think the American people—I hope the American–I don't think, let me—I hope the American people trust me."—Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2002

46zilzal
04-07-2006, 10:24 PM
"I was proud the other day when both Republicans and Democrats stood with me in the Rose Garden to announce their support for a clear statement of purpose: you disarm, or we will."—Speaking about Saddam Hussein, Manchester, N.H., Oct. 5, 2002 (Thanks to George Dupper.)

"You see, the Senate wants to take away some of the powers of the administrative branch."—Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."—Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002

"People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you."—Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002

46zilzal
04-07-2006, 10:29 PM
MORE REAL TALENT

They misunderestimated me.
(November 6, 2000 in Bentonville, Arkansas)

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
(August 5, 2004)

You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.
(2000?)

Reading is the basics for all learning.
George W. Bush (Discussing his "Reading First" plan in Reston, Virginia, March 28, 2000)

Tom
04-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Ok, we got it - you area small person amused by stupid things and not able to carry on real discussion with adults!
You don't have to keep proving your ignorance - we all are believers! :lol:
Go malpractice somebody.
Have some lunch - the little blue bus is coming soon - be ready to go home.

46zilzal
04-07-2006, 11:40 PM
All of this suggests that George Bush is returning to what he was always viewed as before the 9/11 catastrophe - namely a mediocrity. George Bush, without Bin Laden, would almost certainly never have been reelected president in 2004. With the passage of almost five years since 9/11, and the calming of emotions from 2001, the American people are beginning to view the Bush presidency for what it really has always been - one of the most inept and feckless presidencies since that of Millard Fillmore.

lsbets
04-07-2006, 11:45 PM
All of this suggests that George Bush is returning to what he was always viewed as before the 9/11 catastrophe - namely a mediocrity. George Bush, without Bin Laden, would almost certainly never have been reelected president in 2004. With the passage of almost five years since 9/11, and the calming of emotions from 2001, the American people are beginning to view the Bush presidency for what it really has always been - one of the most inept and feckless presidencies since that of Millard Fillmore.

Speaking of talent with words, there is no way on earth you wrote that!

DJofSD
04-07-2006, 11:48 PM
Wow! One quotation of Billy the Hill Billy and we get 19 Bush-ite-o's back.

I think we've hit a nerve!

DJofSD
04-07-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm sitting here laughing my ass off! Of coarse, 1/2 a bottle of Chauteu St. Michelle doesn't hurt the cause either.

Where's the irish when we need them! "Is this a private fight or can any body join in?"

Steve 'StatMan'
04-08-2006, 12:36 AM
All I know is Chaney and Clinton both shot their friends in the face, just in different ways. :D :lol: