PDA

View Full Version : Negative perceptions of Islam on the rise

so.cal.fan
03-09-2006, 09:22 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11735622/

lsbets
03-09-2006, 09:27 AM
I read that this morning too. What I found was interesting was the Muslim groups blaming the media for the way Islam is perceived. All I could think was that if there weren't any Muslim terrorists or suicide bombers the overall perception of Islam wouldn't be so bad. It seems to me that the 90% or so of the Islamic world that are not radicals are, unfortunately, unwilling to confront those who are hijacking the public face of their religion.

so.cal.fan
03-09-2006, 09:43 AM
A large part of the world has advanced, in education, standard of living....example: India and China......sadly, Islamic countries have not....and many people believe their religion, Islam, keeps them backward.
When people are using technology to kill and terrorize instead of advance people's standard of living........something is very, very wrong.
Instead of using their energy to advance education in math and science for all their people, including WOMEN, so they can join the world community they aren't doing that. Instead, you have a malignant narcissistic megalomaniac leader in Iran, threatening the world with destruction.
We have seen this before in recent times......Hitler comes to mind.

ljb
03-09-2006, 10:37 AM
A large part of the world has advanced, in education, standard of living....example: India and China......sadly, Islamic countries have not....and many people believe their religion, Islam, keeps them backward.
When people are using technology to kill and terrorize instead of advance people's standard of living........something is very, very wrong.
Instead of using their energy to advance education in math and science for all their people, including WOMEN, so they can join the world community they aren't doing that. Instead, you have a malignant narcissistic megalomaniac leader in Iran, threatening the world with destruction.
We have seen this before in recent times......Hitler comes to mind.
Some, if not all of this statement fits another country. Talked to anyone who believes the world is only 6000 years old ? Know of anybody that wants to take over the world "make democracy prevalent world wide"? What modern country is declining in math and science scores compared to the rest of the world? What country is allowing indiscriminate wiretapping of it's citizens ? What country has a well known popular religious leader calling for the assassination of a foreign leader ?
Think about it.

GaryG
03-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Some, if not all of this statement fits another country. Talked to anyone who believes the world is only 6000 years old ? Know of anybody that wants to take over the world "make democracy prevalent world wide"? What modern country is declining in math and science scores compared to the rest of the world? What country is allowing indiscriminate wiretapping of it's citizens ? What country has a well known popular religious leader calling for the assassination of a foreign leader ?
Think about it.Ah, the terrorists weigh in on the matter....:lol:

46zilzal
03-09-2006, 11:44 AM

How can a civilization NOT include 50% OF THEIR POPULATION?

JustRalph
03-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Ah, the terrorists weigh in on the matter....:lol:

Naw.........just the usual stuff from Dearborn............

so.cal.fan
03-09-2006, 12:06 PM
"How can a civilization NOT include 50% OF THEIR POPULATION"?

If I were a woman living in a fundamentalist Islamic country, I would be asking myself the same question, ljb.

Tom
03-09-2006, 12:09 PM
Ah, the race card gets played agian. Poor misunderstood muslems. Nobody likes us. Going to take thier bomb and go home.

Here's a thought - name 3 world crisis situations that don't involve muslems.
Touchy bunch to get along with. Just look at the mentality of them over cartoons recently.

ljb
03-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Ah, the terrorists weigh in on the matter....:lol:
Typical non response to the discussion. If you can't add anything just insult the messenger.

ljb
03-09-2006, 10:44 PM
"How can a civilization NOT include 50% OF THEIR POPULATION"?

If I were a woman living in a fundamentalist Islamic country, I would be asking myself the same question, ljb.
Socal,
I think 46 was agreeing with you. I did not make that comment.