PDA

View Full Version : 544 online?

Light
03-08-2006, 11:57 AM
This morning the number of active users said 544. Still high right now. Where does this flood of people come from? I've been seeing this flux of users sporadically that seems inexplicable cause I keep track of the views where the majority seem to be viewing and the "view" hits just stay the same hours after the 200 or so people in that area are gone. So is this some software glitch?

twindouble
03-08-2006, 12:05 PM
This morning the number of active users said 544. Still high right now. Where does this flood of people come from? I've been seeing this flux of users sporadically that seems inexplicable cause I keep track of the views where the majority seem to be viewing and the "view" hits just stay the same hours after the 200 or so people in that area are gone. So is this some software glitch?

could be a glitch but many times I sign on in the morning and the site is up all day long viewing just a couple times or a post or two.

T.D.

Light
03-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Twin

I put this post up less than 10 minutes ago and it shows 2 views,(I guess you are the only other)yet there are supposedly 167 viewing this section. You think it would have had at least 1 more by now.

twindouble
03-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Twin

I put this post up less than 10 minutes ago and it shows 2 views,(I guess you are the only other)yet there are supposedly 167 viewing this section. You think it would have had at least 1 more by now.

Well if we start a hot arguement or say we are making tons of money things will pick up. :lol:

T.D.

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2006, 09:24 PM
a) views are not updated in real time...they are updated once every 20 minutes I believe

b) much of the recent influx of "viewers" can probably be attributed to web spiders that go out and crawl the web for search engines....could also be other things, including some DOS attack....I've seen this happen once every couple of months.....not a software bug....

twindouble
03-08-2006, 09:28 PM
a) views are not updated in real time...they are updated once every 20 minutes I believe

b) much of the recent influx of "viewers" can probably be attributed to web spiders that go out and crawl the web for search engines....could also be other things, including some DOS attack....I've seen this happen once every couple of months.....not a software bug....

Hats off to you PA, you could have said this is the most popular site around.:)

PaceAdvantage
03-08-2006, 10:52 PM
Hats off to you PA, you could have said this is the most popular site around.:)

THat too....make that letter 'c'..... :lol: