PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod and Aaron

Valuist
03-07-2006, 01:08 PM
What is the record, 754 HRs? Forget Bonds; I think he will retire after the year because he knows the record would be tainted. But A-Rod is at 429 and is 30. Another 10 seasons averaging 33 and he's there. He's topped 40 in 8 of the last 9 seasons. I would have to think he's better than even money to get there.

chickenhead
03-07-2006, 02:15 PM
wasn't griffey in the same kind of cat bird seat at one time? but I think you're right, if not with Arod then someone else. They hit too many nowadays for that record to not come down sooner or later.

Valuist
03-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Of course I'm assuming he isn't juiced. And while I don't think he is, even A-Rod is considerably bigger than he was 10 years ago. He doesn't have the thickness of the juicers. While most of the sluggers HR totals have fallen in the past 2 years (i.e. getting off the juice), A-Rod's really haven't.

toetoe
03-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Even money sounds like an underlay. It's like a KD future bet, only tougher to gauge.

The Judge
03-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Most people are bigger now then they were 10 years ago. I remember Muhammad Ali complaining that no matter how much road work he did or how long he stay in the gym doing sit-ups,working the bag, sparing he couldn't lose that middle. It was age.

Money Won't Change You but Time Will Take You On. Can I Get A Witness!